Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD: scrub with the timline is not smooth and frames are lost - hard to work like this
Dan2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 28, 2023 18:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
hello all!

when I scrub back and forth with the timeline, and it not smooth at all and frames are dropped.
I feel as if PD is not using my strong GPU proprely, and to much stress is on the CPU.

Any ideas how to overcome this?

I am currently using the free version - could this be the issue?
Thank you!
Dan
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You may want to take a look at this detailed discussion and also read FAQ #7.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 30. 2023 15:20

Dan2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 28, 2023 18:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You may want to take a look at this detailed discussion and also read FAQ #7.

thank you!!!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You may want to take a look at this detailed discussion and also read FAQ #7.

FAQ #7 a little dated for PD21, this statement:
"- Run on a higher-end computer with more memory and 64-bit OS for editing complex HD projects."
PD has not run on a 32-bit platform since PD17, that's a 5 year old product!

Jeff
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]

FAQ #7 a little dated for PD21, this statement:
"- Run on a higher-end computer with more memory and 64-bit OS for editing complex HD projects."
PD has not run on a 32-bit platform since PD17, that's a 5 year old product!

Jeff

I think that there is something wrong with the marketing and communication in general. Look at the announcement for the new forum, with changed wording, the communication around the various products and their version number. I received an email from CL yesterday about the August release, mentioning the 2023 July release in the top and referring to odd versions of the various products. The communication around the stuff in the Director Zone etc. It looks like both the sales, documentation, the development and test departments need to be addressed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 31. 2023 04:49