Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hardware accelerated encoding crashes if there are effects in the project
GeneH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 18, 2012 07:47 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
My laptop has an Intel UHD Graphics 620 iGPU as well as the Nvidia Geforce MX150 gpu onboard, and while Intel Quick Sync accelerated encoding will work in Powerdirector for a simple clip, if I add any effects to the clip or timeline I immediately get an error when trying to export of “Export unsuccessful” (I’ve attached the full error message).

Both of my drivers are up-to-date, and I reinstalled Powerdirector 365 and ran the Optimization setting to see if it would make a difference. I also updated the Windows 10 Graphics settings to “let windows decide” for Powerdirector.

Has anyone seen an issue like this?
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag
 Filesize
113 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
67 time(s)
[Thumb - Error.JPG]
 Filename
Error.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
PowerDirector Error Message
 Filesize
23 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That message can come up based on some specific settings in the export profile. Maybe first try using the Profile Analyzer on the Export page and choose one of the Best Matched Formats.

Another possibility is that there are problems with Windows and/or one of your GPU drivers.

Your Intel driver is 5 years old but Acer has decided to not provide any updated versions. You may want to try downloading the current version from Intel. The installation steps are here (use the Zip file option if you are blocked from installing the .exe version).

You may also want to run the steps in this post to resolve problems with Windows' core files and also do a clean reinstall of your nVidia driver.
GeneH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 18, 2012 07:47 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Quote That message can come up based on some specific settings in the export profile. Maybe first try using the Profile Analyzer on the Export page and choose one of the Best Matched Formats.

Another possibility is that there are problems with Windows and/or one of your GPU drivers.

Your Intel driver is 5 years old but Acer has decided to not provide any updated versions. You may want to try downloading the current version from Intel. The installation steps are here (use the Zip file option if you are blocked from installing the .exe version).

You may also want to run the steps in this post to resolve problems with Windows' core files and also do a clean reinstall of your nVidia driver.

What ultimately worked for me was forcing the Intel driver to update. I was weary of potentially harming the laptop, but I haven't seen any negative effects of installing the new version. Thanks!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Glad to hear you got things working properly!

If you run into any unexpected issues, you should be able to roll back to the older Intel driver from within Windows Device Manager.