Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 365 Keeps Crashing on 2-Year-Old Windows 10 Pro system.
[Post New]
I'm so frustraited right now, I don't know what to do!
Been using PowerDirector 365 for years, flawlessly!
Then, tonight, I went to edit a short video clip, from my PS5 Share Factory, and BOOM!
Crash, crash, crash, CRASH!
I disabled GPUaccelleration, CRASH! Re-booted, CRASH! Not sure what's going on, but when something doesn't work properly, I'm forced to move on.
Editing is my livelyhood. If I can't edit, I'm done!
So, if this issue isn't fixed quickly, I'll be cancelling my subscription, and looking elsewhere for software that works!
I know there's an issue, because it's doing the same thing on my laptop, running Windows 11!
Please, I don't want nor need snarky comments "Well, it works for me..."
Something has happened with the last update, and now, it's crashing like crazy!
I haven't deleted and reinstalled, yet, because the short video I was working on, I was finally able to finish it.
I've started working on another video, and so far, the crashing has stopped.
I've reenabled GPU acceleration, because the next project is working with 4k video clips, and without acceleration, everything is too choppy and laggy to edit.
So far, it's working, but for how much longer, I don't know...
If it starts acting up again, I'll have to find another video editing system.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
As this is a user forum, all we can do is share our experiences including that there haven't been many reports of crashes with any recent updates.

You may want to contact CL tech support and see if they can help diagnose the issue, and you can reach them here.

Although you haven't shared any technical specs of your system, you might want to try the steps exactly as shown in this post to see if they can stabilize any underlying issues.
[Post New]
Quote As this is a user forum, all we can do is share our experiences including that there haven't been many reports of crashes with any recent updates.

You may want to contact CL tech support and see if they can help diagnose the issue, and you can reach them here.

Although you haven't shared any technical specs of your system, you might want to try the steps exactly as shown in this post to see if they can stabilize any underlying issues.

Thanks so much for the info!
My system is as follows:
MB Gigabyte TRX 40 AORUS Pro WiFi
CPU Ryzen Threadripper 3960X
RAM Samsung DDR4 128GB
GPU nVidia RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition
SSD X2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

I'll try those tips, and see if it helps.
In the years I've used PowerDirector, I've never had it crash before.
Now, all of a sudden, all it wants to do is crash...
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks so much for the info!
My system is as follows:
MB Gigabyte TRX 40 AORUS Pro WiFi
CPU Ryzen Threadripper 3960X
RAM Samsung DDR4 128GB
GPU nVidia RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition
SSD X2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

I'll try those tips, and see if it helps.
In the years I've used PowerDirector, I've never had it crash before.
Now, all of a sudden, all it wants to do is crash...

Hello,

Please also attached your DXDiag file, which can help a lot by providing insight into what is happening in your system:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/97579.page#post_box_392510

You should also submit a customer support ticket, to see if CyberLink has a solution as well:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
[Post New]

Hello,

Please also attached your DXDiag file, which can help a lot by providing insight into what is happening in your system:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/97579.page#post_box_392510

You should also submit a customer support ticket, to see if CyberLink has a solution as well:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

OK, here's the DX Diag report.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DvDiag
 Filesize
105 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
42 time(s)
[Post New]
Ooops...

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 01. 2023 17:02

[Post New]

I'm also reinstalling the manager, GPU drivers, as well as PD 365.

Since reinstalling everything, PD seems to be its old self again.
Thanks for all the help!
In the 5 years I've been using PD, it's NEVER chrashed once on me, so I hope Y'all can understand the pannic in the first post, LOL!
I'm so glad, that whatever was happening, has now resolved itself, WHEW!!!
I'll keep Yall updated on how things go moving forward.
Thanks again for all the help!