Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 365 crashes EVERYTIME I add the QUAKE effect on any clip
EV72 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2015 15:16 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Please help! My system is brand new i9 desktop... this should NOT be crashing on ANY effect imo. I've even set the resolution to low and it crashes regardless! Very frustrating cuz this effect is exactly what I need!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Obviously PD shouldn't crash no matter what kind of editing you're doing, and often crashes are the result of a bad video driver installation or underlying problems with Windows.

You might want to try the steps shown here to tackle both of those possibilities.

If the problem persists, please follow the steps shown in the Read Me Before Posting guide and attach the DxDiag test results.
EV72 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2015 15:16 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Obviously PD shouldn't crash no matter what kind of editing you're doing, and often crashes are the result of a bad video driver installation or underlying problems with Windows.

You might want to try the steps shown here to tackle both of those possibilities.

If the problem persists, please follow the steps shown in the Read Me Before Posting guide and attach the DxDiag test results.

Hello Mr OD! Apologies for my late response and thank you very much for your quick reply AND solution. Also thanks much for providing the links to those sites I needed to get to...

The first thing I tried was cleaning our the old driver and loading up the newest for my Quadro RTX. Went into PD365 (after it said it was configuring the best settings for my card), went right to adding tthe QUAKE effect on my desired clip, and WHAMMO! Worked perfectly! I guess since my GPU and system are very new I didn't think this would work, but by golly, it DID!

Thanks so much again!

EDIT: Just tried again and its crashing again... frustrating. I will check out your other suggestions...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 09. 2023 13:21