Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Remove pre-rendering
Herenya [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2023 15:54 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I've worked on a couple of videos in Power Director 365 for a couple of months now and have had no issues. These videos range from 30 seconds to 9 minutes. Recently I was editing another video and it started having severe lag issues, so much so that I got a popup message saying the FPS had dropped significantly and asked if I wanted to render the video for a smoother process. I said yes and started seeing on the right side where it would show it was rendering, and the green line that would indicate rendered sections. I've had nothing but problems since turning this on. Not only did it not help with the lag issues, I started having audio distortion as well. Even the exported video would have distorted audio. I was able to find a workaround but now any new projects that I start are being rendered as well and having the same distortion issues. I even had to go back to a previous video and make some edits, exported it again, and wouldn't you know, distorted audio. How do I turn this rendering feature off? I didn't see anything in the settings. I've done the search function on this forum and saw some people say to manually delete the temporary files, which I did. That did not help.

Thanks!
[Thumb - Screenshot 2023-06-04 210805.png]
 Filename
Screenshot 2023-06-04 210805.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
4 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
13 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot 2023-06-04 210739.png]
 Filename
Screenshot 2023-06-04 210739.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
26 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 04. 2023 22:12

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Lots of people have been having problems like this recently, and there are 4 steps you should take to solve this issue.

1) Set the timeline Preview Quality to Full HD or lower. Don't use Ultra HD

2) Make sure this box in unchecked in Preferences:

3) Follow the steps exactly as described in this post to fully clear all temp files for all recent projects

4) Don't ever click on the Render Preview button above the timeline, and always decline if you get a pop-up asking if you want to render the video for smoother playback

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 04. 2023 22:46

Herenya [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2023 15:54 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you so much!!!! This did the trick. And yes, I will not be making the mistake of rendering anything ever again LOL

Quote Lots of people have been having problems like this recently, and there are 4 steps you should take to solve this issue.

1) Set the timeline Preview Quality to Full HD or lower. Don't use Ultra HD

2) Make sure this box in unchecked in Preferences:

3) Follow the steps exactly as described in this post to fully clear all temp files for all recent projects

4) Don't ever click on the Render Preview button above the timeline, and always decline if you get a pop-up asking if you want to render the video for smoother playback
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I've worked on a couple of videos in Power Director 365 for a couple of months now and have had no issues. These videos range from 30 seconds to 9 minutes.
Thanks!

Click button, Render Preview / Cancel Rendering
Add a video to the timeline to highlight the button, see attached image.
[Thumb - Render preview.png]
 Filename
Render preview.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
120 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
40 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 04. 2023 23:08