Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Font Issues with Title Director - Drop Down menu Freezes & PiP key frame issues.
Timrg001 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 21, 2023 03:43 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

is there anyone who can help?

The overall performance of Powerdirector 365 on my laptop is glitchy to say the least. however, two significant problems have been identified.

1. When entering Title Designer, and on selecting a font the scroll bar freezes after about two seconds and then takes about 30 seconds to one minute to start moving again (if it does not crash). Thereafter, the scroll bar is constntly very jumpy and glitchy, requiring effort to select an ideal font.

I have only noticed this over the past week or so and it possibly coincides with me downloading the latest version of PD and some additional fonts.

Cyberlink advised me to update Nvdia and AMD drivers and I did this yesterday with no change in behaviour.

Also -

2. When editing key frames in either pip designer or motion designer (pan and zoom), frequently, whatever key frame is set is not maintained on clicking ok or copies over into other clips that were not adjusted. I sometimes adjust a frame back to its full centre position, click ok and then 10 minutes later it has reverted to the position it was prrior to me moving it?

Please can you advise on either issue?

Thanks,

Tim
 Filename
DxDiag 25.4.23.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
124 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
134 time(s)
 Filename
PDR dump file compressed.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
285708 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
40 time(s)
 Filename
hosts.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
824 bytes
 Downloaded:
119 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You've got a lot going on

For the crashing issue, the DxDiag shows lots of problems with Windows, not just PD and I'd recommend all the steps in this post to see if you can get Windows into a more stable state.

The keyframe issue is much harder to resolve. I've seen the same behavior for years but either haven't ever had the time or found a way in the moment to make it repeatable.

It seems to happen more frequently when you're in there making lots of keyframe edits, and there's no way to tell that an earlier keyframe has disappeared or completely changed value. Frequently saving the project with a new name or using the Autosave feature are a couple ways to deal this, as are rechecking the clip each time you make a set of new changes.

I know that's not very helpful, but it's the best I can do until someone finds a way to make the issue repeatable so CL can do the testing on their end and fix the underlying problem.
Timrg001 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You've got a lot going on

For the crashing issue, the DxDiag shows lots of problems with Windows, not just PD and I'd recommend all the steps in this post to see if you can get Windows into a more stable state.

The keyframe issue is much harder to resolve. I've seen the same behavior for years but either haven't ever had the time or found a way in the moment to make it repeatable.

It seems to happen more frequently when you're in there making lots of keyframe edits, and there's no way to tell that an earlier keyframe has disappeared or completely changed value. Frequently saving the project with a new name or using the Autosave feature are a couple ways to deal this, as are rechecking the clip each time you make a set of new changes.

I know that's not very helpful, but it's the best I can do until someone finds a way to make the issue repeatable so CL can do the testing on their end and fix the underlying problem.

Hi optodata,

Thank for your reply.

I have done the custom install of the Ndivia driver and have run the two commands as advised. On the first occasion, the first command fixed some issues and the second command found no concerns. I rebooted and ran them both again in any case and no issues were found this second time.

I have tried the text scroll down in title desisgner since and this is still as glitchy as ever. I have not tried any key frame project as yet so watch this space and I will let you know if things improve.

In the meantime, I will freqeuntly save the project and keep checking back on what I have created as I go along.

Thanks

Tiim
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Now that you fixed some underlying issues with Windows, maybe try uninstalling PD365 then rebooting and reinstalling it. You won't lose any projects or downloaded content.

You might also want to try setting (or changing) the default GPU for PD. Go to Start | Settings | System | Display | Graphics. If you don't see PDR.exe and GPUUtilityEx.exe, use the Browse button under "Add an app" to add both of those and try setting them both to Power Saving and then High Performance to see if either option gives you better results with Title Designer.
Timrg001 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Now that you fixed some underlying issues with Windows, maybe try uninstalling PD365 then rebooting and reinstalling it. You won't lose any projects or downloaded content.

You might also want to try setting (or changing) the default GPU for PD. Go to Start | Settings | System | Display | Graphics. If you don't see PDR.exe and GPUUtilityEx.exe, use the Browse button under "Add an app" to add both of those and try setting them both to Power Saving and then High Performance to see if either option gives you better results with Title Designer.

Thanks for your reply and help once more. I did an uninstall, reboot and reinstall earlier. I also re ran those admin scans thereafter with no issues ID. However, I still get the glitches when choosing a font in title designer. I cannot talk to the key frame issues as I have not tested this yet.

One thing that I don't think I mentioned in my earlier posts - this could be significant so my apologies if so - I remember that the glitchy fonts (not the key frame issues) started around and about the time that I downloaded some additional fonts through the Cyberlink appliation Manager. At that time, I donwloaded a few, maybe 5-10 different fonts, not really thinking much about it and not paying attention to the names of what I downloaded.

I am wondering if uninstalling these fonts might go to solving the title designer font problem? Do you know if there is a way where I can get back to the default font settings for the app (if you think this is relavant)?

Thanks once again for your time,

Tim
Timrg001 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Now that you fixed some underlying issues with Windows, maybe try uninstalling PD365 then rebooting and reinstalling it. You won't lose any projects or downloaded content.

Hi,

also, further to my last message, I have also tried switching PDR.exe & GPUUtilityEx.exe between high performance and power saving but to no effect.

Thanks,

Tim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 27. 2023 09:56

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Hi,

also, further to my last message, I have also tried switching PDR.exe & GPUUtilityEx.exe between high performance and power saving but to no effect.

Thanks,

Tim

Hi,

Could the 2 issues, slow navigation in Shutterstock and the glitchy scroll bars, that you have reported have a common component? or do you feel they are unrelated?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Timrg001 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,

Could the 2 issues, slow navigation in Shutterstock and the glitchy scroll bars, that you have reported have a common component? or do you feel they are unrelated?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

I think they might have the same component. As mentioned previously, overall, the performance of PD is up and down. For instance, this evening I was adding titles in title designer and adding a title mask. On doing this, every thing went into slow motion and when I started shaping the mask, it did the opposite to what I was trying to shape. I came out of title designer and returned and it then worked ok but started to slow down again the longer I stayed in the designer.

The same sort of thing happens on entering Shutterstock. Everything moves into extreme slow motion.

I think that there is something going on in the background that is causing these issues and it is possible that there is a common denominator.
optodata
[Post New]
Believe it or not, I found that having Edge opened would sometimes have a big impact on PD's performance, especially when working with titles. It was a few years back , but it's an easy thing to try.
Timrg001 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Believe it or not, I found that having Edge opened would sometimes have a big impact on PD's performance, especially when working with titles. It was a few years back , but it's an easy thing to try.

HI optodata,

I will given this a try - it has been open this evening whilst I was editing so....

thanks

PS I have also been told that having shadow files enabled might slow down PD?? Would disabling make a difference?

Tim
optodata
[Post New]
Most modern PCs don't really need shadow files, but they would only slightly impact PD's performance while they're being generated.

If the little tag on each clip in the media libray is green, then the shadow files are completed and won't have any affect on your editing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 27. 2023 15:39

Timrg001 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Most modern PCs don't really need shadow files, but they would only slightly impact PD's performance while they're being generated.

If the little tag on each clip in the media libray is green, then the shadow files are completed and won't have any affect on your editing.

Ok thank you
Timrg001 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Ok thank you

UPDATE ON THIS ISSUE

Since I last posted, I have received sone advice from the PD customer services team.

They advised me to do the following but the following did not work. However, I have posted it as it might be relevant to what I did after trying this. What I was advised is here:

1. Uninstall PowerDirector 21/365 from Windows Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall a program
    2. Select "No" when dialog popped up to ask if keep personal setting
    3. Delete the "PowerDirector21" folder at below installation path:
The Default installation path if user did not change during setup is:
--"C:\Program Files\CyberLink"
Delete the " 21.0" folder at the below path:
--"C:\ProgramData\CyberLink\PowerDirector"
Delete the " 21.0 Live " folder at the below path:
--"C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\CyberLink"
(The AppData and ProgramData folder are hidden on Windows by default. To enter these folders, user has to show the hidden folders in Windows File Explorer by Microsoft instructions in advance:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files
The {USERNAME} is user's account name, which applied to sign in Windows desktop.)
4. Reboot Windows.
5. Reinstall PowerDirector 21/365 via CyberLink Application Manager, and then check the condition.

As I said previously, I tried the above but this did not work. So, I thought, given the advice I had previously received on here from Optodata about windows and how my system seemed to have problems, I decided to re-install windows 11 on my laptop. I reinstalled it but retained person settings. However, before doing this, I followed the above directions from powerdirector once more. I know it was probably not necessary to do this but I thought........

Anyway, on reinstalling windows, I went through the process of installing my otheer apps, including PD and on checking title designer, it now seems to be free of glithes thankfully. Also, it is now quicker and smoother when opening title designer, pip designer and these other sub applications that are often used. I had mentioned in a different message that I was also having problems getting access to Shutterstock. This was a painfully slow process. It is now still slow but not so painful. I think I will just have to factor in making a cup of coffee to this part of my video editing experience.

Thanks very much for your help on here.

I have attached my current DXdiag just in case anyone wants to take a look and compare what I attached previously.

Thanks again,

Tim
 Filename
DxDiag 08.05.23.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
117 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
167 time(s)