Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Totally crashes system constantly
mypasswordis1234 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 03, 2023 19:23 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I am totally frustrated. I've never seen a program that crashes a system as bad as this one does and I've been doing IT support since 1995. Also, why can I not find any real technical support for this program? I paid quite a bit for it I think there should be some technical support.

I bought the program about 4 months ago hoping to make some You Tube videos. I can record them outside of Powerdirector but can't edit them at all within. My system just crashes. Locks up hard and I have to do a very unhealthy cold boot. It's a pretty nice gaming system with an RTX-2070 graphics card with 8gb dedicated ram.

My system has an AMD Ryzen 2700x 8 core with 32 GB ram and a 256gb hard drive where Windows 10 runs and a 1 TB SSD where my apps run from. Runs all my games very well. I've updated the graphics card to the latest drivers and also the Powerdirector app as well as per the common responses in google searches.

To cause the problem to occur, just open Power director and drag one of the video clips I've recorded, any of them onto the storyboard. Often it will crash there, sometimes I can do some editing. Either way, the longest it will run is maybe 10 minutes before crashing. The videos are made in OBS studio using mostly default settings and play just fine by themselves in Windows. One I was trying today was only 339 mb and as soon as I dragged it on the storyboard, it crashed my system.

****EDIT*** I found the tech support forum and created a ticket. Hopefully they can resolve the issue.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 14. 2023 19:22

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
This is a user-to-user forum and you can reach CL Tech Support here.

Also please attach the full DxDiag report as there's a lot of missing info in the brief (but still overly long) details you posted here. You might also want to try the 3 steps in this post and do a clean reinstall of the nVidia 531.61 driver.
[Post New]
Quote This is a user-to-user forum and you can reach CL Tech Support here.

Also please attach the full DxDiag report as there's a lot of missing info in the brief (but still overly long) details you posted here. You might also want to try the 3 steps in this post and do a clean reinstall of the nVidia 531.61 driver.

Thanks. I don't see a way to delete this thread.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You can edit your original post and remove some of the details if you want, but only the moderator can delete a thread.

Did any of the things I suggested work?
[Post New]
Quote You can edit your original post and remove some of the details if you want, but only the moderator can delete a thread.

Did any of the things I suggested work?

Actually I didn't realize this wasn't a tech support forum. I searched their entire site and couldn't find tech support but you helped me find that. So, I created a ticket there and guess I don't need this post. Thanks for your response.
optodata
[Post New]
Ok. The steps I suggested are quick and often effective with this product. They might get you some better stability while you're waiting to hear back from CL. Good luck!
[Post New]
I finally got this fixed! YES!!! Have no idea which in particular helped, but used the shotgun approach.

Safe-mode fully removed and reinstalled Nvidia driver with latest update
Replaced the RAM
Freed up more space on the C drive (had 100gb)
Fully removed and reinstalled all of Cyberlink 365

I'm sure there is more, but it's a nice, distant memory now.

I am really enjoying the program. Quite amazed all the things you can do.

Thanks for your response.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 31. 2023 20:37