Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 365 crashes on start up page
mm9135 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2023 23:23 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
When I open Power Director the start up page loads like normal but in 3 seconds it shuts down and gives me an error message telling me to send info for analyasis. Everything they tell me is pretty basic and doesn't work.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing changes. I'm no computer expert but I get the feeling that there is a glitch that is being cached and preventing normal opertion. I have not used the program in a couple months but it was working back then.

I did perform the updates when I first started the application manager. I have a paid up subscription.

If anyone has an idea I would greatly appreciate your help. I need to edit a couple of videos ASAP.
Thanks.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Tell us a little bit more:
  • is it you first version, or did you upgrade?
  • which version do you have
  • which version of windows (?) do you have
  • When un installing did you say NO to the questions: delete all "personal" information? (This makes the next install a clean installation)

Otherwise please send us your DXDiag.txt file, so that we can have a look at what may be wrong with the system...
mm9135 [Avatar]
[Post New]
No this is not my first version. I used PD for years and last fall with great success. When I opened it last week it said there were updates which I ran. That is when I discovered the crash.

I am running Win 10 Home fully updated.

It is PD 365, is that what you are asking?

I have uninstalled more then once and yes the first time I checked no for personal information deletion.

I need to figure out how to get you those files.

Thanks so much for your interest.
mm9135 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Let me know if this is what you need.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DXDiag.txt file
 Filesize
77 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
101 time(s)
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
To start with the obvious
There may be something worng wirh the module MSVCR110.dll which is part of Visual c++ I would recommend reinstalling Visual c++ frun time library from the microsoft site.

But I would start checking your windows installation, since there are other modules that seem to cause problems too. In terminal mode use the DISM and SFC programs to check and fix Windows (see https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20/46481.page#241232 for details).
After that re check whether there are any windows updates available?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 13. 2023 11:22

mm9135 [Avatar]
[Post New]
All these suggestions are beyond my pay grade. I have been wanting to replace this PC and now is the time. Thanks ever so much for your help.
Warry [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote All these suggestions are beyond my pay grade. I have been wanting to replace this PC and now is the time. Thanks ever so much for your help.

That may be a good decision, the current PC is a bit old, but I was working with your..... great succes last fall....
mm9135 [Avatar]
[Post New]
That was my thinking too. It is running great and has great speed but I'm just waiting for somthing else to go wrong. I ordered one with Win 10 Pro and a large SSD and a lot of Ram. It is a Lenovo desktop.

What is your thinking on Win 11?
Warry [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote That was my thinking too. It is running great and has great speed but I'm just waiting for somthing else to go wrong. I ordered one with Win 10 Pro and a large SSD and a lot of Ram. It is a Lenovo desktop.

What is your thinking on Win 11?

Win 11 is stable now, can recommend it, but keep in mind that it may need time to get used to the changes compared to Win10, many under the hood, but if you are "only" using it, you should be fine. Take some time to find out how things work. also take time to change settings to tailor it to your needs.
Also take your time to look at the privacy and security settings, as MS by default gets a lot, and likely too much data of your system usage. I usually say NO to all their questions in this area.
And PD works fine with Win 11 too.