Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Any way to remove background when green screen didn't work as intended?
Mr E [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2017 02:29 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all. I need serious help removing my background. Basically, I recorded with a green screen. There was lots of light, both natural and artificial in the room. The subject was lit well but the green screen has a bit of shadow, so its not a perfectly solid color. When I go to remove the background using Chromakey, some of the subject is removed as well. This happened first when he was wearing a gray jacket and in other videos with with him wearing a white and light blue shirt No matter how much I play with the colors, I cannot remove the back without removing excess images. I cannot rerecord again and Ive never had this issue with other editors. I went online to see if I could find a way to remove the background, and background removvers like Veed and Unscrean removely the background seamlessly. Why can't powerdirector do this? Veed and Unscreen are very expensive to do for lengthy videos. I use PowerDirector for Mac, and apparently Colordirector isnt available for Mac. This is so frustrating. Can someone make a suggestion? Is there anything I can do to resolve this by using PD?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
A lot of background removal tools online use ai that can’t be matched by traditional green screen removal. In the Windows PD version, you can set 3 chroma keys, each to remove a slightly different shade of green only. You could try the free Apple iMovie to see if it works any better. NewBlue made a plugin that many users find superior to the one supplied in PD but it is no longer sold to new users.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 10. 2023 20:36

Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Maybe the PC version will implement the new AI background removal tool that was added to the PowerDirector iOS app recently?

Forum Background Removal Post

One can only dream...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 23. 2023 08:46

Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.