Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi:

Thank you from still another bewildered user.
It fixed mine with a simple rename.

Dwight...........................
Hi Ian:

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE!

The 3 stage process works!
- Get the HP OEM files back intact thru RESTORE files or a RESTORE POINT.
- Go to HP website and DLOAD the (4) files shown on the 8 step process link.
- Install the new UPGRADE link from CyberLink.

I concur that the new HP (4) files must do something to correct the process of upgrading. It cost me about 10 hrs of trial and error correction to just get back to the factory OEM settings (not a good use of a weekend).

I will say that CyberLink did respond to my Help Desk ticket within 24 hrs on a "weekend" (thank you guys!) and promised a link once they knew which type of PC hardware I had.

But it was your follow up Ian that did the trick and I am making a back up and restore point right now.

Thank you again for helping out and making this a positive forum!

dB..............................
Hi Ian:

Thanks for the lead.

This has allowed me to at least get back to my "factory installed" version of CyberLink DVD Suite.

The powerDirector 7 is working.

So, now I just need to figure out how to install that upgrade I bought.

dB.................
Hi:

I have a Windows 7 Ultimate running in a HP i7 3.3GHz w/ 12 Gigs RAM machine and ran into the same problem.

The software that came with the machine ran fine and it peaked my interest. SO I bought the highest upgrade and when I tried to install it, it deleted my older version and has the errors you show.

When I tried to reinstall the new upgrade, it stops because the program cannot find the old version originally installed on the machine.

There was $80.00 well spent........................

What's the fix?????????????????
Go to: