Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi all,
I had PowerDVD10 Ultra Mark II and it worked fine with my TM700's MTS AVCHD Video.
Then with the last PDVD10 Patch and also with upgrading to PowerDVD11 It has been Jerky.
The Audio is OK, it is just the Video.
When I open my TM700 Video in Windows Media Player the Video is fine, so what is up with Cyberlink?
Are they going Backwards?
I have just about all of their software and have been happy but if they will not play my Video, isn't that what they are supposed to be known for!?

Should I cancel PDVD11 and then revert back a few patches with my PDVD 10?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Bud
Hi guys,
That Mini Mode looks pretty cool.
How do you do that? I have PDVD 10 and I have not seen this before.
Almost like Picture in Picture.

Thanks,
Bud
Lastly,
Please do not get me wrong...I have backed Cyberlink and ALL of your products for many years and scream this from whatever platform I have access to, be it Friends, Family, other Forums, etc...

It is just very frustrating to me that when something NEW comes out from Cyberlink, that I cannot get on board with it and yet when I do try to, I am told that I got a LESSER version of it!
Like I was a Sucker that you could see coming from a mile away!
You have to understand, when I received an email from Cyberlink about a new version of PowerDVD, I did not even hesitate to click on it...and then things went very wrong!
Cyberlink has stopped me in my tracks, and I must now Hesitate where your software is concerned, and not go blindly forward always clicking on "Upgrade" trusting that it IS the best way to go!
I would think that losing that immediate Support and Willingness to Purchase your product, cannot be a good thing for Cyberlink!

Maybe in the future a Patch will do something to return a full feature Capture to the program, I do not know.
I do know that I am now forever stuck in PDVD10 behind any future PDVD versions, unless I want to make a sacrifice to do so. That Sucks and Cyberlink has put me in this position. See what one little feature in your software can do!
That is why Software designers need to think first, that if we remove a Feature or a portion of a Feature that has been a part of ALL previous Versions, maybe we should redesign it, keep it and put it back somewhere else.
Then you can say that every Feature that you have come to Love and Expect about PowerDVD is still faithfully here and more in PowerDVD 11.
That's correct marketing!

I am just frustrated and do not mean anything personal about it.
Just Venting!

Take care,
Bud B
Hi again,
So if I am reading your response correctly, Tanmay @ Customer Support was in error when he told me that I had in fact not recieved a Full Version of PowerDVD 11 and that is why the "More Functions" Feature did not work as expected?

If so, Will someone please correct him ASAP, because I was Livid when I read that I had received a lesser Software for Less $$!

You did not address:
That feature would be nice to use at least for the Capture Duties as it could be before.
I will always question the removal of Features as a Plus moving forward. It's just in the Code.
Or come up with another Icon that does do what was done before and then this new "More Functions" Feature that pops up at various times during Disk Playback.
Then you have a Win Win Scenario because there may be people such as myself that have been spoiled by the Feature through all of the previous Software Versions, and then told that for the price of advancement that previous Feature must now go away!
Yet still try and convince me that what I am getting is Better! And it was worth the sacrifice! At least to me It was NOT!
It is only Better, if you really need to ONLY Use the new perameters of the "More Functions" Feature and did not use the old. So in that Scenario, some people you will make Happy, some Not and some Not Care!
Why offer anything less than what the public is used to and give them an out to Grumble and leave!

Thanks again Micheal,
Bud B
Hi Micheal,
First let me say thanks for the response.
I still do not understand why this feature could not be available all the time and for all Media as before.
The software is touted as playing so many media choices such as but not limited to MTS, M2TS, FLV, AVI, MKV, etc..etc..
That feature would be nice to use at least for the Capture Duties as it could be before.
I will always question the removal of Features as a Plus moving forward. It's just in the Code.
Or come up with another Icon that does do what was done before and then this new "More Functions" Feature that pops up at various times during Disk Playback.
Then you have a Win Win Scenario because there may be people such as myself that have been spoiled by the Feature through all of the previous Software Versions, and then told that for the price of advancement that previous Feature must now go away!
Yet still try and convince me that what I am getting is Better! And it was worth the sacrifice! At least to me It was NOT!
It is only Better, if you really need to ONLY Use the new perameters of the "More Functions" Feature and did not use the old. So in that Scenario, some people you will make Happy, some Not and some Not Care!
Why offer anything less than what the public is used to and give them an out to Grumble and leave!
Cyberlink is not the only Player in the field. Alienation is a bad thing!

Lastly you did not address why Tanmay @ Customer Support responded back to me twice stating that because I had paid less than $99.95 (an offer that Cyberlink made to me, by the way) and because I had Upgraded my PDVD 10 Ultra, rather than just buy the $99.95 non Upgrade, that I had recieved a Lesser / Watered Down version of PDVD 11.
That there are two versions of PowerDVD 11, the Real one @ $99.95 and the not so Real one, that Cyberlink sells to it's loyal customers for less $$ (that are upgrading) and let them think that they really are getting a good deal!
So straight up Micheal, When WE as consumers of your products are upgrading to a new Version of the same Software whether it is PowerDVD or Power Director, etc. etc. are we getting what we are paying for, "A full Working and Full Feature Built Software" OR are we getting something LESS As Tanmay is saying!?

Thanks,
Bud B
Hi all,
For the short time that I had PDVD 11 and when I was on with support, they had me put in a Blu-Ray disc
to check out the "More Functions" Icon and the screen went grey exactly as GN78's did.
I had to right click on the task Bar and then click on "Task Manager" and I had to "End" the non responding PDVD 11.

I think that Cyberlink did not "Beta" this Software program long enough!
I have never had any Cyberlink Software Program lock my computer and I had to resort to Task Manager to shut it down.
Not Good CyberLink....
When all of the Forum Posts are Problems with PDVD 11 and not praise for a New & Improved PowerDVD,
That should tell you something!

Take care,
Bud B
I sent an email to support, It read,
I just upgraded from PowerDVD 10 Ultra Mark II to Power DVD 11.
I do not see the small Remote that is shown on page 60 of the User Manual for PowerDVD 11 "More Functions"
This is highlighted on Page 13 as "J" and again on Page 30 as "C"
This is not shown on my PowerDVD 11 GUI
Instead I see from Left to right at the Base "Video" "Repeat" and "Bookmark"
Please Help me out.

I primarily use the More Functions feature remote so that I can easily Capture Frame Images while playing 1080P videos from my Panasonic HDC TM-700 HD Camcorder via MTS Files. I will Pause and Capture

The response that I got back from Support is below....
I understand that you are using CyberLink upgrade to PowerDVD 11 and you want small Remote.
I regret to inform you that IR remote control is only provided to the purchaser of full version of PowerDVD 11 not with upgrade version. I regret for the inconvenience.

I then responded back with...

Thank you for your response.
I am very upset with Cyberlink!
I have purchased Power DVD from version 8 to version 10 Ultra Mark II and I have never NOT upgraded to a full Featured version!
Cyberlink sent me this email below...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Announcing NEW PowerDVD 11 Ultra
No. 1 Movie & Media Player
Experience all your media from all sources with the NEW PowerDVD 11 Ultra. Expand your multimedia horizons with universal support for media whether it is a Blu-ray movie or DVD, HD video file, or photo from your mobile device, social network and more. Watch video introduction

As a valued Premium Member we're offering you exclusive 10% savings plus BONUS complimentary MediaEspresso 6.5 software when you upgrade to PowerDVD 11 Ultra.

Upgrade to NEW PowerDVD 11 Ultra for only $
------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now you tell me that I received a watered down Non-Full version of Power DVD 11!
No where in this email does it say, please upgrade to a not fully working version of PowerDVD 11 Ultra! With LESS features than you are now happily experiencing with your PowerDVD 10 Ultra Mark II
If it had I would have happily kept my PowerDVD 10 Ultra MarkII and passed!

At this point I called Support and found out that the email response to me was in-correct!
It turns out that the 9dot "More Functions" icon is only available when an actual Blu-Ray or DVD disc is being played.
I told the gentleman at Support that I use the "More Functions" icon for Picture Capture when playing back MTS "Non Disc" Video Files. He had me on hold for more than 10 minutes and came back and said that during Disc play is the only time that feature is now available.
I sad ok well this is a deal breaker so, can you please get me back to PDVD 10 Ultra Mark II?
He sent me an email so I could install PDVD 9 and then PDVD 10 and a patch to Mark II to get me back to where I was.
I de-Installed PDVD 11 and then had to call to Cancel my order.

Add Insult to Injury, the next day I received a response to my second support email from the same individual.
Here it is...
Thank you for writing back.

Regarding full version, please note you have purchased "upgrade" to PowerDVD 11 from previous versions at a discounted price since you have also purchased previous versions not standalone version which is more expensive. This is the offer for the customers having previous version and also purchasing standalone version not "upgrade".

I regret for the inconvenience.

Where on the Website does it show different "Feature" versions of PDVD 11?
I only see one for $99.95 that you can get for less if you are a Valued Cyberlink customer.
Is there a "Bait & Switch" going on that I do not know about?

Worst experience that I have ever had with Cyberlink!

Good Luck with yours,
Bud
PS. I just bought Power Director 9 but that was not an Upgrade..Is that software in a lesser version, to people that are upgrading from a previous version of Power Director and they do not know it?
Is this a new ploy by Cyberlink to offer their $99.95 Full Featured PDVD 11 to those with previous versions for less money and then give them a less than Full Featured software program?
According to:
Tanmay
CyberLink Technical Support
it is!
Hi again,
The AppData folder is usually hidden. Type "Show Hidden Files and Folders" in Win Orb -> Seach Box

Thanks for that, I will check it next time I have my HP Powered up, but I am sure that that is it.

Have a Great Night and a Better Tomorrow!

Bud
PS. Wow, you are in Australia (which I have never been to) and I am sitting here in Rochester, New York.
The fact that we can talk or I should say Type over such Great distances is pretty cool!
The Internet is definitely a Wild, Crazy and Wonderful place!
Hi again,
In the Project Library section and the Import drop down selection of "Import Media Files" or "Import a Media Folder."
At first I was selecting "Import Media Files" and then choosing to import an individual TM-700 Files.
In the selection box that opens and after choosing a File, that is where the question of "Rich Video" comes up.

In my still learning curve and reading the PD9 pdf I learned how to expand the Project Library Window on the left
side, so I can start a "New Folder" and then Imported a Media Folder to the new Folder.
This populates the "Project Library" area with content.
This is much better and quicker than going after Individual Files.
My other computer has HD Writer 2.1 on it, and so when I go to the "Library" and then "Videos"
the drop down list just shows my AE Writer folders with dates as opposed to individual files.

Another funny thing is that on my HP Computer, when I try to find my Profile.ini I went to "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\9.0", except after my username there is not an AppData Folder.. Go Figure!
I have to check with HP and see why it is Different, I would think that all Win7 Structure would be the same.
I do however notice some differences between my Gateway with Win7 Home Premium and my HP with Win7 Home Premium.
Obviously Microsoft makes some OS changes per Computer Vendor, I'll check with HP in regard to where the AddData Folder is.
Crazy...I'm still learning.

Thanks for your help and concern

Bud
Hi Nathan,
First off thanks for the response.
So, I want to make sure that I fully understand your last 2 posts.

Are you telling me that it would not make any difference if I were to use AE Writer to extract my TM-700 files from the cam, or just take them from the stream raw..
Or is it Vice Versa?
Where and When does my files have this "Rich Video" information.
Granted that if I had to Repair or Add this "Rich Video" Information to each file prior to transferring into PD9 for rendering
can be rather time consuming.
I performed this function to files in the MB size, I can imagine how long it would take for a max 4 GB file.
I do know that performing this one step did repair my Audio.

My transition though did not work as my files just joined together, one to the other...I did increase my Transition from 2 seconds to 3 seconds, and to a Crossover Transition.
I will try and put that back to 2 sec. and remove the Crossover Transition option.

I just downloaded the PDF manual so I think that I need to do some reading.

Thanks again,
Bud
Hi all,
Well I figured out my Audio problem..
The reason that my Audio was bad was because when I got the files from my HDD
the lower portion of the media "Open " box stated that my TM-700 files did not have "Rich Video" Information.
The Text asked, "Did I want to Generate it now?"
Well the first time around I did not really pay this any mind, I just disregarded this and moved the file over anyway.
This time however, I let the program generate the "Rich Video" information and transferred the files.
I then went into my profile and changed the Audio selection back to Dolby Digital and 5.1.
I then Rendered the files and as I suspected, the Audio was fine with full Surround!

A Rookie mistake.

Bud
Hi jmone,
I should have put that in my first post but assumed that if I was expecting to hear 5.1, that is because I recorded it in 5.1.
My 700 has recorded everything in 1080P and 5.1 sound.
So I hope that helps.
It would be nice to hear the 5.1 surround.

Also so you know, I do not have AE Writer 2.1 on this computer.
I connect the 700 via USB, then go to the Stream folder either on Internal or Card Memory and transfer the Video and Pictures into a specific folder on my WD External Drive.

Also I do not see a Profile.ini file under Roaming so I could not increase the Bit Rate above 22500
I opened NotePad and went to Users etc..etc..I see the Roaming folder but no Profile.ini

Since I just downloaded PD9 today I am hoping that it is just a matter of getting it setup correctly.

Thanks,
Bud
Hi all,
I have a question in regard to Audio.
I just downloaded PD9 and when trying to Join (with Transition) my first two TM-700 files
The Video came out Fine but the Audio sounds Clicky and in S-L-O-W motion.
I did setup a Custom profile as suggested by jmone with the Audio as Dolby Digital and 5.1.

I had seen a You Tube Video where the poster said to not check that because it just caused him problems....
So I un-Checked the Audio back to LPCM & Stereo..did it again and the Audio was fine but of course no Surround,
which I get when just playing my TM-700 files via PDVD 10

So my question is..What Gives? and how can I hear my original 5.1 in my TM-700 video files?

Thanks,
Bud B
WOW...That is Wild!
I have never heard of something like that.
How can they not have any records, they are after all THE Company.
This is as Crazy as calling your Cable provider, or Electric Company, etc and them saying that they do not have any of your Records!
How can a Company operate like that?
If they do not have any records to know what you have paid then Guess what, How do they know what is owed and Paid to them!
How do they Balance out each month.
They do not show that you gave them $$$$$, so that means that their bottom line does not know it as well!

Reading this Forum does not fill me with Confidence that I am dealing with the RIGHT Company.
I hope that they are managing their Software division much better than their Clerical division.

I have made sure to backup all of my paperwork and dealings with them....Thank you for that!

Good luck on a solution and a Sincere apology for their ineptitude!

Ed
Hi Kevin,
Thanks for the try...I did download Any DVD HD and the net result was 1 Blu-ray
that I could not play before, Mel Gibson's "Edge of Darkness" I could play.

GhostRider it kept saying that the Blu-Ray was seen and would be available soon.
Ghost Rider however never came up and PowerDVD 10 lost interest too.
The rest of my Blu-ray's that I could not play before, Any DVD did not even see the DVD,
it said that no Disc was even in my LG BH10 LOL!

I thought that I had an answer, see Below:
Blu-Rays that Launch immediately and play perfectly are:

Jeff Beck 1.78:1
ChickenFoot ?
Beer League 1.78:1
Big White 1.78:1
Coraline 1.85:1
Total Recall 2.35:1
Matrix 2.40:1
Except for Total Recall and Matrix they are all in the 1.78 to 1.85:1 Format

My Blu-rays that will not play and their formats are:

Terminator Salvation 2.4:1
Sherlock Holmes 1.85:1
Ghost Rider 2.40:1
WoodStock ?
Night at the Museum 2.35:1
Edge of Darkness 2.4:1

I was thinking that it is a Format thing until Total Recall and the Matrix played.

What do all of the Blu-rays that DO play have in common and what DO all of the Blu-ray's that don't play,
have in common?
Therein lies the answer to my Puzzling predicament!
It would be one thing if NO Blu-ray's played but I have 8 that DO and 6 that DO NOT!
I guess I'm ahead of the game LOL!

Maybe someone from CyberLink will see this and figure it out for me.

I have a HP Pavillion Elite Model 112y that came with a Blu-ray drive already installed
that plays every Blu-ray that I have.
It uses it's HP Media Smart Software for it's Blu-Ray's, DVD, Pictures, etc.
It really does a Great Job..I have been very impressed with my first HP..Knock on Wood.
So at the moment what I can't play on my Gateway I can play on the HP.

I'll be interested to find out what it is, because the hardware in my computer should play it all without a hiccup!

Thank you so much for at least taking some time out of your Sunday to try and help me!

Have a Great Week,
Ed
PS. I uninstalled Any DVD HD
Thanks for the response,
I tried to put in GhostRider and it will not load,
The PowerDVD 10 is in the Task Tray, the blue light on the front of the LG just blinks and Task Manager states that PowerDVD 10 is not responding.

I did a DxDiag and I will post it here.
Star Trek and Avatar will load right up!
I cannot get GhostRider, Woodstock, and some others to load.
The crazy part is that some load right up and others do not.
I am using a LG32LCD HDTV which is not 1920 x 1080 so I do not know if some discs are more sensitive to that than others.
Hi all,
I purchased a LG Super Multi Blue BH10 Internal Blu-Ray Disc rewriter for my Gateway FX541S Computer.
As in the topic to this post, the exact model number is BH10LS30.
The LG Rewriter came with a "Super Multi Blue Install Disc." Which is listed as "Blu-Ray Disc Suite" version 6.0.2806

I went on to upgrade to PowerDVD 9 Ultra and now PowerDVD 10 Mark II, leaving the rest of the Suite alone.
When I go into downloads and upgrades it talks about OEM Bundled versions and Download or Boxed retail versions.
When I follow the bundled versions I see downloads for Dell, LG, Gateway, etc.

My question is, by veering off of this path and just downloading a version of 9 Ultra or now 10 Mark II.
Should these versions have a problem linking with and playing Blu-ray discs with my LG BH10?
If so, should I Un-Install everything and then reinstall my original Software disc, "Super Multi Blue Install Disc?
Right now some Blu-rays launch quickly and play while others are a bit more troublesome or will not play at all.

Thanks,
Ed
Micheal,
So in other words as long as I have an internet connection, (which is always)
the second MovieLive and New Releases page will always pop up and nothing can be done about it.
I did not get that with PowerDVD 9 Ultra, so this must be new.

I do not like it but I will get used to it.

Thanks,
Ed
Hi all,
I have a question about the new PowerDVD 10 Mark II software.

When I first launch PowerDVD 10, the girl with the 3D Glasses comes up along with all of the icons,
then a few seconds later, that goes away and MovieLive screen comes up with new DVD Releases.
How can I keep the second screen with MovieLive and New Releases from coming up?
I would just like to stay on the first original PowerDVD 10 Mark II screen?

That's it, I looked through the OP Instructions but did not see how to do this.

Thanks,
Ed
I just purchased and downloaded PowerDVD 10 Mark II.

I also downloaded and ran the BD 3D Advisor version 2.0.3030.0
For the BD test all Passed except for: Hardware Dual-Video decoding capability for: H.264, MPEG 2 and VC-1

I have a Nvidia GE Force 8600GT video card.
The 8000 series 8600GT card should have Nvidia's "Pure Video HD 2" otherwise known as VP2
and it HAS Hardware Dual-Video decoding capability for H.264, MPEG2 and VC-1
So I wanted to know what gives and why would the BD advisor show that I do NOT have these?
Is it a problem with the BD Advisor or my 8600GT?

Before upgrading to PowerDVD 10 Mark II, I had PowerDVD 9 Ultra and only one Blu-ray disc
will not play on my Gateway FX541S Computer, it is the Box Set for "Woodstock."
Part of my reason for downloading PowerDVD 10 was to see if version 10 would play it, but it does not.
I am still searching for the answer to that puzzling problem.

Lastly the BD Advisor said that my system was not HDCP Compliant, yet the Nvidia Control Panel states:
Your Graphics Card and Display are HDCP-capable.
In defense of the BD Advisor I have a Dual Monitor Setup, my main monitor is a ViewSonic VA 720
which is NOT HDCP Capable, my LG 32LCD HDTV is.
When my TV is on cable then the Nvidia Control panel only see's my ViewSonic and shows that I am not HDCP capable.
However With My LG switched back to computer input, Nvidia shows this and that I am now HDCP Capable.
It sounds more confusing that it is.
I did run the BD Advisor test with my LG HDTV "On" and showing my computer desktop.
My only thought is that the BD Advisor must have been confused about my dual Monitor setup
and rather than seeing my LG HDTV it focused on just the ViewSonic.
I guees you could say that it was partly right, one monitor was not HDCP Capable,
but just like my Nvidia card sensing it, shouldn't the BD advisor as well?
Maybe the BD Advisor is All or nothing, I don't know.
I do know that I need a new Computer Monitor and have been looking for one.
Yet all Blu-Ray discs play fine with both monitors active to my Computer feed.

Any thoughts would be helpful..

Thanks,
Ed
Go to: