Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote It is possible that the video clip may be a higher resolution than one that you used previously on your timeline. Please read this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80133.page and supply a DxDiag.txt.

1. Right mouse click on the clip on the timeline and click View Properties. Take a screenshot of this window.

2. Load a video clip that you know that worked properly on your last project and repeat the step 1 above. Attach the two screenshots on your next reply.

Until recently I've never had this issue.
When I load a video into the Library window I can scroll through it in the Preview widow without any problems but when I drag it onto the timeline line I cannnot scroll smoothly through it in the Preview window.
The scroll slider will move but the video will only 'catch up' when I pause scrolling.
I have never needed to enable shadow files before, although I have tried this option with no success.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
I have also optimised my GPU's hardware acceleration.
Thank you.
Occasionally Cyberlink Support gets a bad rap when users are seeking help but I'm pleased to say they were very prompt in replying to my questions and supplied the remedy I needed.

Thanks Cyberlink Support.
Are any members having difficulties activating PowerDirector 16? I have entered my Product Key but when I attempt to activate, the message “Cyberlink PowerDirector was not activated because a connection to the activation server could not be established. Check your internet connection and then try again.You have 30 days left to use PowerDirector without online activation.”

I have uninstalled then re-installed but the problem remains. I’m having no internet connection issues, also registration seems to go through OK.I’d be grateful for any suggestions to resolve this issue.

Terry
Quote Terry -

I should have added earlier that the graphics used in Route Generator (planes, cars etc) are very low resolution. There are some alternatives posted here.

Cheers - Tony

Again, thanks Tony. I will look over those suggestions.

Terry
Quote Hi Terry -

It was possibly Route Generator. It's been referred to many times here.

Cheers - Tony

Thank you Tony, that is the program I now remember.
Some years ago I saw a series of posts that mentioned a free program capable of plotting a route on a map to indicate a specific journey.

Am I correct here and if so could any member direct me to this program?

Many thanks in advance.

Terry
Many thanks for all these suggestions, I've adopted a hybrid method from all these.

Shadowman: I created a new colour board as the ones supplied were not quite the colour I needed and adopted you opacity suggestion.

Carl: Your suggestion to use the manual settings on my camera is a great idea but my camera does not allow for this function. Like you my film processing equipment is now redundant since I've gone digital. Eventually they may be museum pieces.

Tony: Thanks for the effort you've gone to in producing the video, very helpful. I've also used the glow effect and added a darker mask around the perimeter.

Neil: A new joke book is on its way!

Problem solved and again many thanks.

Terry
For a short section of an instructional video detailing the setting up of a darkroom I need an effect that will give the impression of the room being videod in the red light necessary. The video needed to be shot in full light due to the camera continually trying to focus in the operating darkroom red light.

I hope there is an easy solution to the effect needed to be added and any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Terry
How good was this! Made me want to return to Mexico. Well done, and interesting throughout.
Many thanks Tony, I occassionally use the WMV format myself. These will save much time spent in re-creating them again.

Terry
I always produce in NTSC although I'm in a PAL location. Some videos go to Canada (NTSC) and others to family in Australia (PAL). There have never been any problems with viewing in either location as newer DVD/Blu-Ray players accommodate both formats.
A search on YouTube for 'windcutter' will show you how to make an effective device from a sponge and placing it over the microphone with self-adhesive Velcro tape. I've used it and found it to be very effective.
I hope I'm not hijacking this topic BUT -
Are there keystrokes available to adjust the volume when adjusting using the horizontal lines? I would like to be more precise but my shaking hands on the mouse make it difficult.
Thanks.
Thank you Michael -- your suggestion worked perfectly. I put up with error (maybe not an error) for quite a while, altering the duration by seconds. Now, your solution is SO simple. Life is now much better.
Terry
Stevek,
Rule of thumb, for best resolution, put only about one hour on a single layer DVD; a little less on a double layer DVD.

Just a question for clarification. Why do you advise adding less than one hour if using a double layer DVD? What is it about the double layered DVD that it is preferable to have less than one hour?
Thanks for your anticipated response.
Terry
Thanks Jaime-esque. I'm searching online for memory at the moment.

Terry
Thanks for taking the time, Tony and Dafydd. I'll check out the links you gave me, Tony. Perhaps it's time to upgrade seeing as video editing is my priority now I've reached retirement.

Terry
First and foremost, I love using PowerDirector, having used V8, 9 and now 10. I'm now getting into HD editing and BR producing so would appreciate any member/s with technical expertise to have a look at the 2 diagnostic files attached to see if my computer is up to the task and advise me if I need to bulk up components or should I be looking at a newer computer.
I realise my 4G of RAM needs to be increased but am clueless as to what else may be required for smooth operations.
This system works well, even when working with HD files, IF I work in small 'chunks', then combine together for the final stages.
Can anyone offer any suggestions to make the whole process more streamlined from the diagnostic files supplied.
Many thanks for any advice given.
Terry

Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
PowerDirector 10 Ultra 64-bit
Build: 10.0.0.1129b
SR: VDE111213-07
Also thanks HDedit. It appears I should have no concerns either way.
Go to: