Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is this fix still needed for PowerDirector 16?
THANKS!! Babdi

I did just that before I saw your reply.....spot on though.

I submitted a ticket for an updated version of PD8 with latest patch built-in.

Shock horror when I got the update within the hour; NOW that was impressive lol OOhh lucky me!

I uninstalled PD8 and used Ccleaner to tidy up the registery as matter of course, worked just fine after that.

Ref: Dafydd Bevan - SoftDeko

I have resolved this issue; as I have PM'ed you your aware of other issues that I will post in due course.
I have also updated my system info with new monitors on hardware page.

Info Noted, I wasn't dishing Adrian I don't know the guy even though he lives close by lol

I know what you mean about old issues; but it helps in my opinion if you link to related issues. I think its best to provide a link so you can follow on. I make this good practice when posting in other forums, but everyone is different. ON a plus point, links are basic SEO and will improve this site listings.

No offence intented to Adrian; I have since read his write up. It followed what I already understood about PD8

The whole thing has been frustrating for me; brought on by CL customer support.... At least be honest even though it might not be the answer I wanted. lol

This latest updated in March; may very well do the trick for me. The problem info is direcltly related to the problems I am facing. Which are the faults I reported to CL in January of this year.... and amongst all there fobbing off I was given. The issues must have being expericanced with other users. I do understand that some problems take a while to resolve. I know, I work in IT and tell me about it. But really their customer support I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

AWAY from that, A patch I now have.....Lets hope it kills 80% of my issues then I really would be happy. An alas the unusable software will become useable.

The issue of programme hanging at 92% on a 3min 31 sec video is still there been produced on .m2ts files is still there.
Before I had to convert to standard MPeg then convert that to .m2ts to get the file I wanted. OH GOD bless work arounds

ON the plus side it hasn't crashed yet;

All the best

TY; thats why I used google.

Some search is better than non lol,

Cheers and goodday to you Sir!

Cap'n Kevin

I was a delighted user of PD7 and it worked just fine for me; and I do like the PD usability which is why I upgraded to PD8

As I built a dedicated machine for Video Editing, and to be fair I out grew PD7, I needed a more complex non consumer based software package. But some features a useful to dip back into. I found your comments very measured and factual. This is a good site for Info I am not knocking the site, but I am dismayed at how CL handles customers. I paid good money in OCT 09 for the software and it's as good as useless to me. I logged and submitted tickets, very slow and uncaring. Sometimes its not the users fault, but yeah 9 times out of ten it is. But when you use new software with cutting edge hardware you can expect some issues.

I researched a lot before I built my machine; took advice from CL website....

Hardware is a complex issue and granted CL cannot cater for every peice. But a list of known good hardware tested on CL software is not really out of the question. But in saying that it does take it out of the remit of consumer; because you have to think about what hardware your buying. Consumers don't tend to think that way, but this forum is more hepful the the CL customer support team. And I know the need to be measured too, but I do think they need to handle there customer support a lot better. They need a total rethink of how they operate the support structure.

Its been 7/8 months since my purchase and I have not been able to use it as it been designed to be used...

Its a shame there are some neat features; whiched hooked me.......

Its just lack of support; saying that though I submitted a ticked for an update of PD8. I got a reply in under an hour. WOW......lets see how well they do with the ticket I just submitted this one is not quite so easy
Quote: I'm glad you are now happy.

I'll move on to trying to help other folk.

Cheers
Adrian

Yes but that doesn't help other folk who read the thread; the idea of forums is to help many people from one generic problem. A link would be useful to help other people on the incorrect functioning of the shadow edit file system.
I would post one to benefit others; as you know more about the issue, your better placed to offer this help.
As I say I cannot find any referance to the latter issue on google.
Error 1402; when installing PowerDirector 8 to PowerDirector 8 build 2704.

Any of the cuff reasons this is happening... The error basically says that I don't have permission to access a key.

I am using win7 and I have run update in administrator mode......This is PD8 update file to bring it up to 2704 Patch from 2220c last patch applied
OK will do - OK DONE

ADDED LATER:
PC Spec: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45/8445.page#42846
Camera: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/preList/8727/42848.page#42848
I agree with all the above; great post from 'Cap'n Kevin' So true

I had the same problem, I first used PD7 to produce a 1hr 14mins video

in one go; I noticed after 17 mins PD7 became slow; you have to remember when you are video editing, you are knocking hell out of your computer, its doing so much.

I resolved this by implementing the strategy that Cap'n Kevin used and MikeSierra - Their advise is golden, so listen to what they have suggested. as it WORKS

I have now since PD7 upgraded to PD8 and now have a spanking new PC for Video (sept09) editing and graphics. It is too a

Intel i7 920, G-force 260 and 6 gig of ram. Windows 7 (impresive the way forward) I have overclocked the i7 and is stable.

I have newly added a solid state drive with read 220 and write 110 MB/sec
To speed up the system; and system caching, I do like the results

I also edit in small chunks and stitch together; works just fine!!! for me

Just need to get past some of PD8 bugs and things will be dandy..

Dafydd Bevan; yeah I agree this memory flushing is a bit of an issue; and does cause problems at times. I think a third party util might solve this!!

Have I just given myself a bit of homework?

If you've applied 2508 build and you have any bugs, please post, so that we can see them in the open, and if they are a general bug or a configuration issue. Also others and myself can see if the same applies on our machines and configuration.

It helps to see if its a configuration issue or a Bug in PD8

Thankyou
Build 2508 applied

1) Applying Lighting Adjustment; in preview the screen goes garbled to a green colour.

2) When PD8 first boots; I am able to use dual monitor preview, the newly added feature. When I apply a lighting adjustment,

colour adjustment. PD8 hangs where I need to end process.

3) unable to produce movie in AVC - m2ts exention.

This is still the case with me; before it got to 3% before it did nothing. Now it gets to 93% before it does the same, hangs then you need to end process.
I have just updated to 2508; as I have been filing bug reports with CL.
I have noticed slight improvement, for the bugs I was testing for.

Now I have a distorted image green in color when you re-size an Item, in the preview window. Does anyone else get this? New post maybe needed.

the bug I was testing for appears to be resolved, Yay!!

Better out come though I can live with the green image, and its resolvable by moving the slider.

Go to: