Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Ok, using your information and the stuff I found in my above post I got it to work. But I also have too much black.

Edited video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I30KdNQpdlQ

Original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDK0myqcUQg
Ok I followed the steps. And even though my edited video is now the same dimensions as raw 360 videos. YouTube still won't recognize it as a 360 video. What am I doing wrong/ forgetting?

EDIT: Ok I found this help page on YouTube https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6178631?hl=en

It says I need to "In order to upload a 360° video file, you'll need to modify the file with an app or script before uploading." . But my kodak software also doesn't recognize the file on the right as being 360. So how can I manually adust the "script"?

EDIT 2: Found the metadata app: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6316263?hl=en

Quote: And here is the path to my profile.ini so yours is most likely very similar.

C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\14.0\profile.ini

Thank you. I found the profile.ini file. Was looking in the installation folders....not user folders.

I use the Kodak SP360. I'll post my results.
Quote: I only included the raw video for curious individuals, I have no need to modify it in any way. It does play ok in Videolan (vlc).

I think I figured out how to do what I need to do. Here's a quick video I made to test it. https://youtu.be/k8VNsUwjq14

1. Create a new mp4 publish profile from 1920 x 1080. Then edit profile.ini to change it to 1920 x 960 and frame rate to 15

2. Restart powerdirector and add my video clips.

3. Add my video clips to the timeline, then change the attributes of each video clip to 16:9 aspect ratio

4. Add titles, transitions, etc.

5. Publish the video using my modified profile

6. Use the youtube metadata app to add metadata to the new video

7. Upload the video to youtube.

I might not have needed to put the video into 1920 x 960 format because youtube doesn't actually seem to require it. My big issue was black bars top and bottom. So setting the clip attributes to 16:9 is the real magic to uploading the videos to youtube without black dots (bars) top and bottom.

I'm trying to do this now. Using PD14. I just spent 20 min trying to find this profile.ini file you all speak of so casually. I've done searches and there are no .ini files anywhere in the Cyberlink folders.

Err....help?
Just now I produced a video ten times. Only one of the results had correct audio. But that one had blocky video. Even though it was Best Quality MP4. I've used Power Director for 6 years now......maybe it's time for something new.
Here's an idea......maybe....just maybe.....CYBERLINK SHOULD FIX THE PROBLEM! It wasn't a problem for me before, but now EVERY video I make has out of sync audio. And my computer is fairly top of the line. And I love how every time I open PD I have an ad telling me to buy the latest one....."spend more of your money on a program that doesn't work!" Yeah....great.
Well the file it made when it froze at 99% is functional. And I used that file to burn a DVD with no problems. So all in all you guys did help. Thank you for your time.
Quote: Produce your video first please.

You've mentioned to Jaime that you've mixed matched the video content in your project. When you Produce your project you are separating the write to disc and render the project processes.

1. Render the project - Produce it.
2. Bring the produced video back into PD and create your DVD.

What are you attempting to Produce to? Select mpeg2. Clear out your temp files, use CCleaner to clean your system and then attempt again.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

Well I made a MPEG2 file. Or am making....depending on how you look at it. It's been frozen at 99% for some time now and CPU is working at 35% with nothing else on or running. But the MPEG file is on my computer and is functional. So now what? Just close PD8 or wait another hour for it to finish the last 1%.

Took 40 minutes in total for a 4.4 gig 3 hour MPEG 2.
Quote: Using Nero, or similar, create a new DVD Video (maybe DVD movie) and place the contents of the video_ts folder into the same folder in Nero. Then burn. If it is too large, either use a double layer disc, or shrink. Then burn it the same way. What format are your files in? Are they possible copy protected or could there be a codec issue.

Tried making a folder. Progress bar does nothing for over a minute. Then jumps to 100 and says "Burn succesful". And it creates a 0kb Vob file.
Quote: Using Nero, or similar, create a new DVD Video (maybe DVD movie) and place the contents of the video_ts folder into the same folder in Nero. Then burn. If it is too large, either use a double layer disc, or shrink. Then burn it the same way. What format are your files in? Are they possible copy protected or could there be a codec issue.

Different vids are different formats. But it often works with multiple attempts. I'm just tired of wasting DVDs. So I don't think it's an incompatibility issue.....or it probably wouldn't work at all.
Quote: After editing the video, try clicking on the Produce tab and make an MPEG. Then create the DVD from that. You will probably have to add the chapters and and menus. Then, try burning to a folder first. If that works, you can use burning software to burn to a disc.

You may also be able to use third party software to 'Shrink' the DVD, but the legality has been challenged in court, so I can't tell you where to download them. They are free, if you can find them.

The DVD files are downloads to begin with (all purchased legally of course....cough) But I do need to add subtitles for my wife who doesn't speak English. But I'll try making the folder first.

But then what. Do I just place the folder contents onto a blank dvd and burn like that......using Nero or something?
Quote: Do you produce the movie before creating the DVD? Can you create a DVD folder without using Smart Fit?

By produce the movie.....do you mean make an MPG file....or create a folder? I haven't tried creating a folder...I've noticed the option though.
Title sums it up. I use the "smart fit" so I'm always trying to burn DVDs that are 2.4gig. And sometimes it works....and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I waste 4-5 DVDs before it works. That's money adds up.

I'm using the non-blue ray version of PD8. The downloaded version.
Quote: Hi,

I am glad it worked...no need to send me cash, your gratitude is payment enough.

FYI...what I meant about changing the extension from TXT to SRT is...once I had the file saved on my desktop, I clicked it and pressed F2 and just changed the extension that way. Same to the way you did it.

Glad to know your wife will be able to enjoy the movies more.

David

Hmmm, hit another snag.....haha.

Burning Unsuccessful
Not enough storage available to complete this operation.

not my day.....haha..... Where do I need to free up more room? On the drive that I have PD8 installed on. Or the drive where the movie is stored?

I'm sure this had already been covered....I'll search.

That is what I figured.

There are two things we can try. First...I tried an experiment and it worked.

1. When you copy all the text in your SRT file, do you get the time codes as well? Is it something like this:

00:00:02,2 --> 00:00:06,272
你們怎麼這麼說?

00:00:06,272 --> 00:00:11,945
這個是好玩啊!

00:00:11,945 --> 00:00:21,945
PDR8 好棒!

Even if there is no returns. If yes...try this. Copy all and paste into a new Notepad window. And then save it using the "Unicode" encoding format. Open it and check to see if the subtitles are still in Chinese. If not, we may need to look at installing or updating your languages in your OS.

So now you have the txt file with the SRT timecodes. Next, just change the extension of the file from "TXT" to "SRT" and then import. I tried this and it worked.

If this doesn't work, how about you send me the file and I will see what else I can do.

Regards,
David

WOOHOO! I love you man. If you have paypal and want some cash just let me know.

Few other things we should mention for others.

Copy and paste to notepad then when you save it will let you choose a font code thingy......choose UTF-8.

It's not as easy as adding .srt to the end of the file. You need to choose "Save as.." and then where it says ".txt" you choose "All Files" and then you take the .txt out of the file name and replace it with .srt

Then it changes into what looks like a word file.....but while still retaining the UTF-8 coding....since it now works with PD8.

Thanks again. I'm very happy.
Quote: Hi M13,

I believe the problem is actually from word, not from PowerDirector...if I am not mistaken. It could be that the SRT file is not in the Unicode format, which Chinese needs.

I just performed a test with your text (and some of my own) by inserting the text into notepad and saving as a TXT file, and it worked fine (see attached image) I am not sure how you are adding the subtitles, so not sure if you can/want to do it this way.

If you want, try copying and pasting your existing Chinese text into notepad, ensure that the Encoding drop down is set to Unicode when saving, and then manually add each marker for the subtitle in PDR.

I am not sure if your SRT way is easier, i.e. it can insert the timecodes or something to make it faster.

Hope this helped...let me know if you need more

Regards,
David

I think the problem is Word also. I tried putting it onto a notepad. The moving it over. Problem is it ignores the times and you need to first create blank subtitles for it to fill in. So lets say I own an English DVD and I download the Chinese SRT.....if I put it onto notepad I'd have to sit for hours trying to create blank subtitles that match up with the ones on the SRT. So notepad isn't really an option.

When I choose UTF-8 (unicode) encoding on the Word file. It snaps over to Windows Default which is gibberish. It's as if my computer lists UTF-8, but doesn't actually have it.

Have you tried switching from English to Chinese language display in PD8?

Have you considered using an Image editor to create an image file of the characters? If you don't want to switch to Chinese.

I can pass this onto CyberLink (Taiwan) if you provide me with your name and email address please.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

Yes, shortly after posting. I switched PD8's language to Traditional Chinese (which I can't read) I then re-imported the chinese SRT file. But it still appeared as gibberish.

My wife's computer uses a Chinese OS. So I'm guessing I need to use her computer to do this. But.....it would be nice to do this on mine.....as my computer is much more powerful.
My wife's English isn't great and I'd like to add Chinese subtitles to certain projects. I can write the chinese in Word and create SRT files....but when moved to PD8 this "你們怎麼這麼說?" Becomes this: "¦o­è¤~¦b³o §Ú¤£ª¾¹D¦o¥h­þ¤F"

Any ideas?
Quote:
Finally I have managed to purchase one by creating new member id using another email address but now my caredit card bank informed me that I have been charged twice. I am really frustrated that why on earth it is so difficult to do an online purchase of PD8 but no issues to me when I do purchase other company software... I hope CyberLink will look into provide an alternative source for online purchase in future.

[Still downloading the PD8....]

Regards,
Zakhir

I had problems as well. The download links wouldn't work. Then I had to contact support and they sent me an FTP link.
Another way......

Just take a jpeg of blackness. A picture taken in a dark room with no flash.

And put it in the video to cover parts.

In other words just put a picture of black into the video and stretch it to create a border on one or more of the sides.
Go to: