Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

I've noticed (SD) that if you start a partical effect in the middle of a transition (so it doesn't look like a clip starts and then the effect is thrown on it),something about the effect and transition don't play well togather and there can offen be this weird interlaced looking rapid flashing for a second.

Makes me wonder why something so obvious would be overlooked. Maybe Cyberlink had to ask permission to use YouTubes logo in the interface and in exchange they were asked to keep the bit rate really low. Youtube was very slow to adopt HD and the service has really gone down hill. Their really should be more than one Youtube profile option for youtube or you should be able to change the settings. It's like a feature that sounds good on paper but it's just so gimped.
Aside from my DVD burning problem, I've got a bigger one. I'm making a Christmas DVD that contains pieces of maybe 50 different video files. This covers a lot of years. The files are 720x480 MOV files.

Around the 10 minute mark, audio sync is lost. It's actually pretty bad. Another problem is I have some PiP objects at about the 15 minute mark. I can't make a DVD but if I try producing a file a couple of odd things happen. Randomly the audio sync will be lost at different places. Mostly this starts happening about 10 minutes in. Also, I've used some video files as PIP objects and anywhere past the 10 minute mark those can flicker off and on. Sometimes they play fine, sometimes they flicker heavily.

My last problem is that while working PowerDirector 8 it just crashes a lot for no reason. Randomly while doing different things I'll get a "PowerDirector 8 has stopped working" message.

I guess I'm about to give up really. This software doesn't seem to be very stable. I don't have any issues with any other software I use. I put in a support ticket but the response was a boiler plate answer that was really bad.

I've got a similar problem except PowerDirector 8 crashes at random places during the process. There's not really much in the way of answers here.

I have noticed the general advice to remove all transitions and extras from your timeline. I guess you would want to try that on a copy of the original project. If it's doing this always at the same spot it's running into something it doesn't like. I wish my problem was that simple. It seems like great software but it also seems to be very unstable.
Go to: