Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Guys,
I do have the PD7 window maximized. But both ways, maximized and not, it shows the same problem.
About moving the taskbar to one side - it then blocks the side of PD7. (the right slider gets blocked aswell as the preview screen).
About contacting support: I did and they have no real answer, and the last post asked me to send a screen copy of the error! I get no error... just inconvenience.
OK, thanks to all. never mind. I will use autohide, and remember to cancel autohide before my wife uses the computer (while I am at work).
Dafydd, as I mentioned in my first post, my monitor is 22' wide, the native resolution and the one I use is 1680*1050.
PD7 does automatically use fullscreen mode. This is on my home desktop computer.
And, I tried the program on my Lenovo T60 laptop with external 22 monitor, with exactly the same results. I actually tried it on 3 different monitors, the two wide monitors and also a 20 regular monitor. The shape and size of the monitors does not affect the results.
I think that this is a bug in PD7.
NcLean, moving the taskbar is similar to autohide. It does change the look of windows, as we know it, and therefore would confuse the other user of this computer, my wife.
I myself am a software developer, and would get along with the change, but my wife.....
Tony, Auto hide the taskbar does solve the problem, but as I mentioned I don't like it. The fit timeline icon does not do anything to the bottom scroll bar. It stays hidden behind Windows taskbar.
I am using some 30-40 video sequences and very soon you discover that you need the (hidden) slider.
I don't think that moving the taskbar will help. It will obscure some other parts of PD7.
Anyway, thanks to all for your help.
I have a dual core, Windows XP Home, 2 GB memory, 250GB disk, nVidia graphic card, a 22' wide LG monitor with 1680*1050 native resolution.
In the PD7 screen, we have the bottom part with the timeline tracks (video, sound, pip, music etc.). At the bottom of lower part is a horizontal slider to enable us to move to the first or last video clip. When you have many clips in your production, this slider is extremely convenient and important.
But, on my screen, and on other tested screens, the bottom slider is hidden behind the Windows Taskbar, and is visible only if you enable Auto Hide of the Taskbar. Auto hide the Taskbar is something I do not like at all.
It seems that PD7 works only in full screen mode with the mentioned drawback.

I posted a question to Technical support but received no solution. They suggeted lowering my screen resolution (which did not change anything), then suggested I add more PIP tracks (which did not solve the problem).

Did anybody else notice this problem? Is there an acceptable solution?
Go to: