Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I got an email since this 2 message thread it still alive, i guess.
For what it's worth, I have switched 90% of all my video watching away from PDVD12ultra to a freeware combo of MadVr renderer and the MPC-BE svn versions. While I still find my pdvd12 to be a good alternative and uses far less system resources, I like the free stuff almost all the time and switched all the associations to mpc
I was real disappointed with the customer service and some changes away from desktop to devices that fit into pockets
I had been a loyal user from pdvd6 and paid myself since 8.stopped at 12 and was sorry that my pdvd10 mk2 ultra was stopped in its audio development to make people move to the hugely overloaded pdvd12. overloaded with stuff for which i had no need or interest . It was a very good , the best ever, player up till then.
but i am thankful that my less than thrilling experiences with pdvd12/cust serv pushed me right into the freeware search. I can adjust just about anything i want and play marginal old movies upscaled and rendered according to the power i have in my cpu/gpu resources.
for that i am grateful.
john
I have PDVD12 ultra, I encountered similar issues with playback, etc and then followed the forum's suggestions for patches, which did not work. so, i got a message with the error code access storage etc which i had never gotten before i took the suggestions on the patch. I got another error message about corrupt installation and followed the instructions ,again, this time to remove the app. I put in my code and it worked, but the problem came up with another error code about the installation being bad or whatever it said.
Now , it will not accept my code to activate... i paid plenty for the program, i like it, have purchased it since v6, dont remember if i first paid for v6 or7, but , i get it every year or 2.
no more, this stinks. i buy something and they restrict me? it is enough to make a crook out of an honest person.
i only use it myself, never ever give it to a family member. mostly because they dont want in anymore, but , still, i am the only user of the code.
at least, microsoft will provide instant support for multiple legit re submissions of the code after upgrades or seerious crashes.
I have waited days for cyberlink.. hope this time will be different. i submitted a ticket earlier today 10/22/13.
It wasnt my fault it broke. one day it was just fine , the next , it wasnt. msoft maybe , dont know. but it should be the vendor interested in the product who would keep track of issues which may impact the functionality of a commercial program. buy a cyberlink product and one needs to take a course in how to keep it running for more than a few months, windows updates notwithstanding.
John
i do not have that feature as an option in the 'player' advanced tab. i have only volume and shuttle/fast forward . i picked the volume control and it will not do anything other than move the volume up and down when i use the pdvd decoder. when i pick the put undecoded dts to the avr, i get nothing happening with the scroll wheel.
i have the Logitech setpoint 6.x software in the 3 way scroll wheel...the one i can move left and right...
I , too, like cyberlink and try to support rather than bash but problems are problems and shouldnt be watered down to sound nice if it also dilutes the meaning of the problem.
i have used one or many for a lot of years.. still have pdvd 8 though 12 on my different computers. most are full retail purchases the v8 is via blu ray players and burners. came with the purchase.
I have a fairly powerful computer 8gigs ram ddr3 1600, a phenomII x6 1090T, a 890FX board and 4 1 T harddrives and my boot drive is a crucial m4 128gig ssd. and an Asus eah 5870 gpu..
I still get menu hangs when trying to alter a setting or open the config in top bar or right click menu.
never ever had that in any previous players, and this is with a normal dvd or dvd file/iso. or ts..playing. bd , with aero off, still has even longer hangs, had had to stop with the not responding a few times with bd. i have no idea why the program should be stressing so much, the gpu is only using 15% or less and the 6 cores are not nearly full out only a few of them are getting to the 50% level (oc'd to 3.8/4.0g with boost) wish it would be fixed
I can resize my window, however, it gets fouled up with the 'fullscreen/restore' in the bottom right corner and the minimize maximize in the top right. i have to manually resize the window and it will stay for a while after the first return to full screen or maximize. it will stay in the small box or rectangle for as long as i want. the controls do stay attached. ..;.and, it is tough to tell the full screen from the maximize so i can do the resize back down to a smaller view.
JOhn
Just to jump in ....
I have a problem with scroll wheel and volume control...it only works at a 10% jump or decrease..i have the full purchased v12 ultra, from pdvd10. it works at a 2% jump on pdvd10. Ten percent is tough to control.... dont know if it is an issue with early release. since i got it shortly after it came out.. most of the pdvd12ultra is fine
as far a today, amd is still working on fusion and taking submissions for developing fusion tech.
i dont know what you mean that amd discontinued stream tech. maybe open cl but not APP. it is still in all the new bulldozer as well as 5, 6 & 7 series gpus.
this is an odd reply... i do have the hardware acceleration on pdvd12 , just not the option to use it, though it was advertized as being incorporated in pdvd12..
I have no problem with this version, only that it seems missing parts.
the volume control option for scroll is only at 10% intervals , pdvd is 2%. at 10 it goes from low to too loud in some cases and no other player has anything near that large a chunk for volume jumps
osd can no longer be adjusted. only get the upper right corner in micro print, so when watching on a tv which may be 6' to 15' away, cant be seen well. PDVD10 could change position, font ,size and color as well as background.
odd thing to chop off from the Advanced tab selection. it used to be first , on the left. next to keyboard/mouse and file associations,
other minor issues, as these are, but still. i have used PDVD for a pretty long time, version 5 or 6 and skipped only 11.
there is huge additions to this version as far as remote and big improvements for playing remote and all kinds of files/folders. would like to see some honing or cleaning up and pulling this product together.
as it is now, i have begun to go back to pdvd10 ultra II for many movies. i stopped updating that, actually rolled it back to build 24whatever, and can play blu ray iso even when it says it isnt supported. still have to use virtual drive by elby clone drive to mount and pdvd does the rest quite well. better than some plain in the drawer dvds.
thanks for your reply
John
I noticed that moving from pdvd 10 ultra to buying the new 12ultra that i have only the hardware acceleration or software with or without true theater. gone is the APP option. when i play software and true theater, i get no gpu activity and plenty on my 1090T BE 6core processor. it handles it just fine, but i can not get the parallel processing even though the 1090T is supported for that feature.
I had it and it worked just fine in 10 ultra.
Is this loss another cyberlink upgrade deduction? it is going to be re added?
If anyone knows. I have a fairly good 5870 gpu and in windows7 ultimate x64.
so far, alll that i paid for in getting version 12ultra was more bloat and a little less hardware support. it does play iso blu rays though with only the addition of the virtual drive/mounter software.
i like that. too much extra went to remote and moovielive,neither of which are important to me at all. the folder id and huge list on the right panel are all in generic form and make me drill down, still.
enough, my issue is only the loss of APP option and if it is hidden,missing or what
John
first of all: if you think correcting someone's spelling is so important then check your bottom line "an short..." is either a typo or poor grammar.
now to my rant of your inability to answer my question here or the last 2 times as this problem has continued and progressed to the point it is now:

you must be off your rocker! i provided all kinds of information in this forum post. i spelt the or transposed a couple of letters but spelling is USA correct for 99%
If you do not have an answer, and you have not in the past, just leave it alone. allow someone else to possibly share and experience. there was a time, not long ago, when a paragraph was not 'structured' to make piece look good but it contained a thought and lead to the next via transitions of grammar; not just 2 or 3 lines mistakenly called sentences.
i do not discount the likelihood that my configuration may be at fault or corruptions in my system are at issue.
I just do not know where to find some things. I am an old guy who has no isssue admitting that I am not a proficient typist, i am well over 60 and learned to write with a pen and paper so i make typos and i think it is real poor form to criticize spelling when i have presented another attempt to decipher moovielive bugs.
i have all kinds of crazy things going on with it. i have 3 drives that i use with pdvd 10 and the same title shows up no matter which dvd i put in, i get approved uploads and then it is not there, yet another title is in the place of the disc.
i take all kinds of time to try to build the database of moovie live. i have no need to do this, i thought a little give and take would be in order rather than criticize structure or transposed letters.
i thought i was trying to help the development of a program which is not well used by the pdvd consumers.
i would think you could stumble through a few misspellings or disjointed structure to get to the point of my post.
it is this kind of reply that turns me off from trying to participate in this at all.
according to the graphics you attach to the posts, you represent cyberlink and, at least, the support team wherever they are housed make attempts, futile or repetitive, but no one has stooped to criticizing spelling or structure when they had no answer.
you seem as aloof and didactic as a 2nd grade teacher who taught with a ruler across the knuckles rather than skill
i didnt think the application of some spell checker would have bearing on the content. it is all there and i thought i would add it to help and not confuse.
bottom line: for some reason moovielive gets wonky on me. i use it a great deal, check my stats , and after a certain, changing , number of uses it starts to do odd things. i have participated in moovielive for a bit longer now and i notice different odd behavior. i do not know why nor how , if at all, to make it work properly. if there are temp folders or some such things to clear out somehow on a periodic basis.
And,if you do not know the answer, do not be afraid to say so, it does not diminish you but it can build character.
I have an amd phenomII x6 1090BE at 3.82ghz and an asus 5870 1gig ddr5 at 850/1200 but when i play a blu ray bd movie in my lg 208 bd rom , the video is dim and the dim screen had a check in the gpu acceleration box though i normally do not i opt to use the cyberlink software for motion control,but the gpu is dead for the whole disc. i have the latest drivers in the ccc 10.13 in the new release or 10.12 in standard with let the application choose checked off to let the app control the ccc but i get no gpu use for some reason. when i play a standard dvd the control of the gpu actually goes down when i check off to use the hardware acceleration to 400/900 from 600 that spikes to 850/1200 when i do not check of the hardware gpu box on top. it seems backwards adn i do not know or understand why. i got nowhere from tech support. i sent in belarc and dxdiag and still get no answer. i got instructed to do many things , which i had done, but no reason. it just drops dead in the water. each time i get told to reinstall and get clean copies which are really no different from the one i bought and have on cd but after 5 or 6 complete uninstal/reinstallations it is still the same. i dont even know if it is the same for everyone or is my experience an anomaly? it seems to play ok but i have a very powerful processor and it is using it as the total hardware and the gpu stays quieter during playback of a blu ray and runs cooler during a blu ray playback that when the system is idle. no joke. it does not make sense and seems wrong.
any help? any ideas?
i also have 8gig ddr3 1600 cl7 12,800 a psu at 800w and using win7 prof x64. as i said the display drivers are the newest there were as of today. i play on my lg 42ld550 or samsung monitor through an onkyo tx sr608. i do not have speed fan or outside controls for the gpu have asus gamer but use afterburner 2.0 for fan control and do not clock the gpu for the little bit of boost there is in it, i dont need it. and for blu ray and cyberlink pdvd 10 i dont seem to need a gpu at all. it is dead zeros flat lines in the afterburner graph while the cores on the processor are smoking and hte temp goes up on it some, not much but hotter than most anything else other than stress tests.
Ihad to use DriverCleaner because i had messed up a driver/ccc update so badly a year or so ago. I was never doing a good install and i had to go down to absolutely nothing for sure and build the ccc back without the residuals everywhere i couldnt see them. Now i know about revo install which can track down everything and it is free. I also had to remove the powerdvd 10 a few times in a row last month after i had been following tech support instructions but the instructions did not come across clearly or i misunderstood and had remnants lying around or something that caused the reinsalls to go poorly. I got it all back together but not before i had been ready to chuck the whole thing and i looked up getting nVidia cards or never using pdvd again. it got better after i went back and found what i did wrong and it is watchable again without crash/freeze and missing color. i am not sure what i had missed or if i had taken too much out or what but I eliminated the large problem i caused trying to fix the small one.
I sent the above off in the middle -while checking the update levels of my PDVD10 and realtek drivers...I have an LG BD rom hs20 and LiteOn BD rom 208 too, both pass the cyberlink advisors for bd/3d . i am pretty sure both have a similar number system which is 3d able. As much as i like the powerdvd and my capacity to play blu ray on the computer is actually better than the Onkyo/LG BD570 combo because the expensive BD player had no builtin storage and has no support for more than 2 channels no analogue on the thing for 7.1 either so forget about surround sound from it. I can do much better with the pc if i can only get the PDVD10 working and stable. I am able to use it and for a week the picture/video has been ok in true theater and hardware acceleration though i still only get the 2 options in audio and not ever in any bd or dvd , nothing can i get better audio performance. I have the onkyo sr608 and 8 Polk speakers, Monitor II series 70s and cs10 center and rm8 surrounds w/10"sub. I am ready for all the surround sound but can never get the DTS master or True HD you mentioned and have no idea why. There are only so many hours in a day and then how many i can continue to devote to troubleshooting :1, the video and 2, all the audio options. I had to address the vid. as priority since i got unwatchable issues. At least, i got audio that is fairly good though not what it should, or could be. I am no wiz with the zillion of surround/hd audio options available. between cyberlinks and onkyo's variety i am usually overwhelmed. Hopefully , i can track down the options available and try to make them work.
I appreciate all the support i have gotten and hope to get until i get it right. I am on the onkyo forum as well but i havent gotten any luck with the threads i am on and no response to my post, as yet.
I have been contacting cyberlink for issues w/my Onkyo 608/ ati 5870 HDMI to my LG 42". I am always current to the latest ccc drivers within a week at the most. I am glad I finally found others who have similar set ups with onkyo as i get nowhere with them. I had given up with some features. i have a long contact with cyberlink tech on the issues with power 10ultra II...a couple of dozen and i was not able to put my finger on the issues. ihave sent dxdiag, belarc screen shots to a few dedicated tech people,
I have not heard from them in a week or so now and i stumbled onto this from among 200 or more pages of forum checks.
I have PhenomII 1090T BE clocked to 3.8Gz, Gigabyte GA890FXA UD5, 8Gig GSkill ddr3 1600 CL7, Asus EAH5870 v2 1G ddr5 stock speed, Win7 x64 Prof. Power10 mkII latest patch 2325.51 and the RealTek driver2.54 but rolled back to 2.52 because my board supports it and not .55yet and the newest one was no help. i also downloaded/installed the latest codec from the win7 pack as well as Klite from cnet.
I get that on some and some i do not. Does it happen on every ripped dvd to disk? I get other odd behavior when i play dvd files i rip to disk using anydvd hd, which i use almost exclusively simply because it is such a great program. i , unfortunatley, can not play iso files with power dvd and have to use a good but cruder app.
the only codec pack i installed, and i dont remember why i did nor do i use it is the XvID Mpeg 4 v1.22 codec pack.it is in there but i cant remember why i got it. all the others would have been the ones that came with the players, real, wmp, pinnacle studio 10 or tvpc, and all the CCC amd . i do not use the built in overdrive or that stuff. only have the asus gamer installed but never use it and have the splendid disabled. i use the rivatuner based afterburner only for the gpu fan control, i do not mess with the voltage or to overclock the gpu, it is ok as it is for my needs. i cant figure out how to keep it from cycling down so low in a single monitor environment and tried everything even changing the xml from forum ideas. it still goes down so low, i get stalling when i use the movie applications. it does keep the fan speed low the asus fans are the only sounds i can hear from my computers. i have at least 8 fans in them and can only hear the gpu over 30% it is nearly 2,000rpm and it is annoying sometimes. but that is the only reason i got interested in afterburner. i had speed fan and riva tuner but they are too complex for me to work with. the graph idea in afterburner is fine for me. none of the 2D/3D profile settings ever took . it just goes super low clock speeds in single monitor. i ihave 2 monitors here so it is reasonable higher and i get no screen shake. the only thing i notice is that my 42"LG tv is listed as the onkyo tx sr608 and as a 7"screen. the generic pnp drivers are picked up too. same with my 2430 samsung monitor. i have the drivers for that but it is still seen as a generic regardless of which samsung color magic drivers i put in. they are there.
i dont know if the onkyo in the middle of everything alters pdvd need to use dxva or the gpu but i dont know why only for bd. i always thought that was odd and no one on any of the forums i posed the issue/question to had any responses at all.
no crossfire. only one gpu.
i get the gpu fired up in the normal movie viewing. it is as i would expect it. only when i put in the blu ray or hybrid bd do i see the anomaly: no action on the gpu at all and the options dimmed in the cyberlink settings areas. i could never figure it out. it happened in my other computer as well. it had the same asus eah 5870 the first version reference version, and it had the phenom II 965BE that i had oc'd to 3.8ghz. it also had zero gpu when i played blu ray. but the processor was powerful and multi core so i could still get the movie perfectly and was able to use any other programs, internet with 2 browsers going and other things.
I do not watch many blu ray movies so i guess i had just left the issue alone; i noticed it but since the playback was visually ok, other than having the browser themes get sent back to basic and aero was turned off for the duration of the bd movie playback. that is normal as i understand it.
i am looking for the dxdiag i just ran to attach maybe i can get it to upload..
maybe i can take care of my last problems getting on here...
yes, i have anydvd and had the bd options checked for proper playing of cyberlink and bd. i have ued anydvd for many years and tried to keep up with the cyberlink specific issues, i cant attach an attachment here for some reason i get sent to get a new registration. the dxgiag indicates that in the gpu ati radeon driver 8.782 the dxva-hd is not supported. I do put everything from the computer through hdmi 1.4 to the Onkyo Tx SR608. as far as the codecs in this computer go, i have no idea where to locate all them. i have the latest ones for the realtec ,divx plus, wmp, real audio,and pctv latest v5,drivers and the latest quick time/iTunes update i just got as well as whatever cyberlink and microsoft have as the most current..that i know of being just installed. i try to keep what i use up to date but not sure what is in here or where to look. i have autoruns and i can go to the listed codecs and there is a huge list in the tab for 'codec' but i dont know one thing from another in there, dll. dvr, program files ,registry entry headings,it is all greek to me.
i have a belarc and a current dxdiag but cant attach it here for some reason. i have a log on name but it keeps sending me for a new one and then i cant use it. i have been a vip and/or member for some time and should have access but i dont.
yet, i was just looking at afterburner 2.0 on one monitor as i played back a blu ray on the other montor and the LG or LiteOn bd rom super multidrive and using pdvd 10ultra, and the gpu showed 0%,i had to check the task mgr process and graphs to make sure. and in pdvd the area on top part of the 'video' to enable hardware was dim as was the whole true theater part dim. so was the icon next to the audio bar and 3D icon that little interface had the video side dim the audio side was lit but i have hdmi and non decode dts for the receiver so nothing for audio to do.
i show the ati going down for a blu ray and it is actually doing more work watching an old black and white dvd movie that playing a blu ray. dont know why pdvd does this. i have the settings set up properly and nothing in anydvd that would stop it either.
i have asked about this issue for as long as i had blu ray and noticed it. could never figure out why such a powerful gpu would be defeated when playing them. i have always had a strong processor ,either a phenom II 965 or this 1090T but dont get it.
Go to: