Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have PD9, 10 & 11 on my Win7 64bit machine with no problems.
Well there you go, I have been using PD since PD6 and never knew holding down Control I can stretch a completed video, all be it slowing down the video.

Always learning.
Just one thought about shortening the beginning of a clip and no option to close the gap. I know this is not ideal, but you can click and hold the mouse down draw a bounding box around all the tracks and move the lot as one to close the gap.
Most people here do not use Trim, they use the split function on the time line and delete the unwanted sections.

When you delete a segment you get the option to close the gap or leave the gap open. Also you can just grab a clip and move it to the end of the previous clip and it will snap to it when you get close enough.
It is a known problem with Nvidia cards and has been fixed with a recent update. You will find the updates at the top of this page under downloads.
Never received the notification of an update since PD6. My computer is connected to the net, no blockage through firewall. I gave up worrying about it and just check here on the forum for eagle eyed people like Neil to tell us one is available.
One thing to try is there has just been released an update for PD11. Some one has mentioned this solved his sound problems.

A link to the updates can be found at the top of this page under Downloads.
Just a thought, if the final produced video is fine but the preview in PD is not, this would indicate that your computer is not powerful enough to produce a smooth real time preview.

I just noticed that when you select shadow files it is giving you problems. If you choose shadow files you have to wait for them to be produced. On a slow computer this can take a long time.

Trying to edit your video before the shadow files are produced will cause problems. I personally think PD should stop you editing until the shadow files are complete, it would sure save a lot of problems here with questions.

Having said that I stopped using an old video editor because it took so long to produce shadow files. I upgraded my computer instead.
Quote:

The last time I used afterburner it was only capable of reporting on 1 GPU same as EVGA Precision X that I use now, Furmark and Heaven will report on both GPU's but of course will not report PD11 as that is not their function.

I am using version 2.1.0 and it shows activity on both cards when using my computer. You know I really don't care about sli working or not as it doesn't effect me but I just did another test using afterburner and got some weird results....it is a computer, so I don't really expect these days a logical result.

1. No hardware acceleration 1st gpu shows 17-18% 2nd gpu shows 3-4%

2. Hardware acceleration on 1st gpu shows 4-5% 2nd gpu showing 4-5%

Go figure
Quote: Can't be bothered to read the whole thread, if the question is does PD11 use multiple GPU's like in 2 video cards (SLI) as in using nVidia GPU's the answer is a resounding yes.

I have run my 2 x GTX460 in SLI with PD11 and can monitor GPU activity for both cards using AIDA64 and there is activity on both cards doing editing, rendering etc. with PD11, can't speak to the other brand cards.

If that wasn't the questing then sorry can't help

I have the same SLI set up with 2 GTX460's and "Afterburner" only shows one card active when using PD.

I haven't chased it up any further after reports of hardware acceleration rendering being worse than CPU rendering. Plus I only do short videos max about 20 minutes most under 10 minutes so time is not a factor for me.
1st one, I can't help you with, it is just the way the program works.

2nd one, some members have had problems with certain mp3 audio files. A convert to .wav has solved the mp3 problems. Google will find any number of free audio converters.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Robert2 S
Yes i looked at the $150-$500 lapel mics but they were too expensive to test with. I am hoping the mic in my helmet surrounded with foam won't be too noisy. The Olympus Stereo mic I have at the moment going to my Olympus DS30 voice recorder in my harness gives me clear audio up to 50 mph in my glider.

Here is hoping the wireless mic will work well enough to save me the time syncing up when editing.
Just a hint, I would shrink the time line a bit and try visually lining up the audio with what is going on in the video. I know it depends on what is going on on the screen but sometime I find it easier to nudge the audio time line when it is not in frame level.

Lining up audio even though I have been doing it now for about 2 years is one of the reasons I am playing around with a wireless lapel mic. I found a cheap....and I mean ridiculously cheap one on ebay....$17.99 delivered to my house.

I have it now and yes it is cheap and only mono but it works, although haven't had a chance to try it out flying yet.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Wireless-Cordless-Clip-Lapel-Tie-Microphone-Mic-Set-BIN-/110709190186?pt=AU_Pro_Audio&hash=item19c6c82e2a
Welcome JR to the forum.

I use an external voice recorder for my hanggliding videos. Great news you use a clap to help align video to audio. I use the visor on my helmet going up and down to do the same thing. I then watch the video and move the audio track left or right till the sound lines up with the video. It helps if you mute the sound on the video track. (right click "mute track")

A couple of things that may help.

1. Good that you have increased the size of the wave form.

2. You can also stretch out the time line all the way down to frame level if you need. Although if you do go down to frame level the scrubber can move too fast to follow. You can do it two ways.

2a. One, just click and hold the mouse button down on the orange timing numbers on top of the time line and drag to the right or left till you get what you want.

2b. Bottom left corner there is a little slider with a + and - sign. Again just slide left or right till you get what you want.

If you video is long you may find some drift in the syncing towards the end of your video. This has to do with the minute differences in the recording speed between your camera and external audio recorder. I just split my video and audio time lines and re-align if it drifts out.

Cheers

Robert2 S
I found a place in Sydney that scanned each individual frame of my old Super 8 film, some silent some with sound. It was not all that expensive.

One thing, for some of my 40 year old film I waited too long and the quality was not the greatest. My advice would be not to wait too long before you get them digitized

http://www.dvdinfinity.com.au/
http://www.dvdinfinity.com.au/film_to_dvd.htm
HD is anything 1280 X 720 or higher a normal DVD cannot play this resolution, hence the need for AVCHD on a normal DVD.

EDIT===== Google "DVD resolution" and you will see the maximum resolutions you can burn to a normal DVD disk.
I do not burn DVD's or AVCHD disks, some people have reported problems burning disks inside PD and burn to a folder and burn a disk using a different program, it is up to you.
Hi Darrin383,

You have come across the problem you cannot burn high definition video to a normal DVD, it is a physical restriction of normal DVD's.

Having said that there is a trick, you can burn Blu-ray quality to a normal DVD by using AVCHD. There is the option on the create Disk portion in PowerDirector.......BUT the disk will only play on a computer and some blu-ray and DVD players, not all DVD players. Also you will only get about 20 minutes of high Definition AVCHD video on a normal DVD.
A cold boot is when the computer is turned off completely. "Start/Shutdown", which requires the physical on switch or button on the computer manually pushed to start the computer again.

A warm boot is when you use the restart function. "Start/restart". This turns the computer off but automatically starts it again without having to manually push the on button on the case.

A warm boot can leave information still viable in ram whereas a cold boot completely shuts down all electronics in the computer.
I had some problems straight after updating. A cold boot appears to have solved the problem, fingers crossed.
Go to: