Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: Dave -

I won't suggest you pay "top dollar" for PD8 (though I'd see it as quite a modest investment), but a couple of questions come to mind:

1. Why did you download the trial of PD7, rather than PD8?
2. Before installing the trial, did you completely uninstall any previous versions of PD? I mean following the instructions here... http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page - see Parts C & P

You should not need to convert files from your Flip UltraHD to use them in PD, though some have suggested it. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7410.page

Cheers - Tony

PD 4 does not accept imports of MP4 files. Buying PD7 was less costly than PD8, so I gave it a try. I did uninstall PD4 and PowerProducer as well and ran ccleaner to find (and it did) fragments left behind. I'll check out the enclosed link to see what others have managed, but I had found no way that MP4 files could be used, unless converted.

So, after many years I decide it's time to try a newer version, and, our new Flip UltraHD camera captures video in mp4 format, something my older version (PD4) can't import. Downloaded the trial of PD7 (first newer version that does utilize mp4) and nothing but problems. It freezes requiring computer reboot, gives errors when trying to burn to DVD, and sometimes decides to just not accept a video clip into the timeline (although it puts a checkmark on the thumbnail as if used). I've started the entire project over again. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and just plain give up on it. Reinstalling my old version and will make do (will have to use a third party software to convert mp4 to avi). Anyone know of a good product they'd recommend?
Don't recommend that I pay top dollar and try PD8. No more faith in Cyberlink.
I have experienced this out of sync myself and have found a couple of things that may/maynot help. First, I capture from my camera to computer with WinDV (freeware program). This fixed most of my problems since prior to this I captured with the PowerDirector. I recently fed an old VHS tape of a family reunion into my computer and found I had a slight out of sync and by using VirtualDub (http://www.virtualdub.org/) another freeware. I was able to offset the audio forward or back in any number of milliseconds.
I try to only do edits in avi format, not on compressed material such as mpeg.
Also found, in one instance, the sync problem was caused by me passing video from an older VCR. Swapped it out for a newer one and no audio issues.
Good luck.
I didn't catch that you were capturing HiDef. I don't have a HiDef camera, and the WinDV website doesn't address HDV, so might just try it if you have the desire. I just captured 91 minutes of an old video, from my VCR, and 0 dropped frames with WinDV.
I too have been fairly happy with the Power Director program. I also have the full version of Power Producer, allowing for more elaborate menus to be made than from the Lite version that comes with PD. I'm interested in the PD7 that maybe released this spring, as it also does the authoring, maybe making PP obsolete.
When I went online to research video editing and authoring software I found a comparison done with the Cybrelink products as #1 choice. I did the same search last month and still found this to be true.
Good luck.
I gave up on capturing into the cyberlink software and now only use a free program called WinDV. Seldom, if ever drops a single frame and allows the file to be captured entire or by scene. And it's free.....
Quote: Hi Mark W,

1. Place a still image in the Video Time-line
2. Place the old video into the PiP time-line

VCR video will not be hi res and blurred and pixelation will be obvious. I can understand why you're asking how.

Dafydd

I thought this would be just what I was wanting too, but you get no sound from a video file in the PiP timeline.
Go to: