Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Still no fix for the "Green Line" problem
Sorry Dafydd I was unaware that Mods had greater Administrative functions/powers here
You will have to get an Admin to change your Username PM vanessa_admin to try and get it resolved
Thanks for a solution that works Dafydd, a user defined snap point would still be nice, it would take out some fiddle and the guess work.
In PD9 would like to see some rulers like you have in Photshop et cetera with guides that you can drag and lock, so you don't have to "guess" the positioning of placed elements. They would have been very handy in the video I just finished.
Good old google books

http://books.google.com/books?id=BtCOgrpzbz4C&lpg=PA26&ots=W7OWmMbOZz&dq=converting%20color%20spaces%20xvycc&pg=PA26#v=onepage&q=xvycc&f=false

If your camera supports it and you encode to AVCHD why not use it?
Like everything technology is changing, my Dell 2405 is wide gamut, and so is my old Loewe 72cm and when I eventually do upgrade to a large flat panel I will definately be investigating the colour space capabilities. I imagine that AVCHD on BD through HDMI v1.3 to a panel with a x.v.color logo on it should work..... any takers for a side by side comparison test?

edit Just found this good article from sony. Of course it says that if you have a sony HD camera with sony bravia you can make use of xvcolour space, but it doesn't mention that it is not available under the blu-ray profile and only under avchd on bluray.
http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/technology/technology/theme/xvycc_01.html
Hi Kevin, have you always had 2x 5770, or did you upgrade (add the second one at a later date)? I am just curious to know if the addition of the second card (almost) halved the production time or if there wasn't a substantial speed increase. I know this is fairly subjective.
Hi Kevin, thanks for the reply.

After having a play around it appears that the align tool works for anything other than a clip, don't know why it doesn't work for clips seeing that the PD5 and PD6 manual says it works with clips, when and why was it changed.

The tool appears to only align with breaks in the master track.

Anyway it doesn't solve the OPs question but it is useful for titles etc
Very strange problem, your PC still runs yet PD crashes on AC startup, are no other programs effected by the AC startup, do the pc fans slow, does your monitor dim, is your PC case open, Is your PC and AC on the same electrical circuit, do you run surge protector or UPS? Many questions, something is not quite right.

The question is, how is it that only PD8 crashes and nothing else, I have never experienced this in 20 years of PC ownership?

I have used PD through power sags (lights in room visibly dim) without issue as the PC power supply can hold up the 5/12v power rails.
You should be able to use the Align tool, but I just tried it, and for some reason it is greyed out in the PIP track context menu, Mmmmmm

I am sure it should work, am I missing something?
Number 4 should read

[4] Select "Event Viewer (Local)->Windows Logs->Application” in left side panel.

Sometimes it is hard when drilling down into the logs

Good luck catching it.
Luckily this doesn't effect us PAL users as ther are no nasty pulldowns for 25p/50i contianer
Thanks CHF

You can resize the preview window though (on the panel between the media library and preview window) by moving it to the left or right to 'see' more clips in the library.
I can already see 54 thumbnails, this is not the problem. My monitor is 24" so I have *enough* screen realestate.

Have you consider making 4 x smaller projects of say 50 clips each then 'sticking' these together for the final project?

Yes I did, but the shooting, over several days, is not in order of final production.

By the way it is tradition in Australia to shorten everything, so CubbyHouseFilms becomes CHF
Hi ntechnic, sorry to hear your troubles,

I also run media, PDS files and program files on different drives without issue.
Your hardware seems well suited to the task, however, this error IMHO is probably related to a driver as this has been my biggest issue in the past with hardware lockups without BSOD and no traces of it in the logs, which is most frustrating. Now I only ever update a driver if it fixes something which is broken or has been intentionally disabled in the past.

You seem pretty tech savvy, so you could try running sysinternals on top of PD8 to see if you could catch a sytem lockup, but will all things PC related, it might prove futile.

Good Luck
Hi, I have done a quick search here but cannot see any way of resizing the thumbnails in the Media Room, can it be done?

At the moment I have about 9 thumbnails across and 6 down without about 200 clips in the room and because they are so small it becomes very straining on the eyes.

Any thoughts?

Also it would be great if the clip you were editing in the timeline would also become highlited in the media room, as sometimes you might wish to quickly find an adjacent clip, which is very hard with hundreds of clips, something else for the wish list.

http://www.willudesign.com/CinematographTop.html

Kind of portable but very cool
and check out some of the videos, they fit right in here

Thanks, I have sused it out now, I was clicking on the wrong handle to position the frame, now how do you "bring to front" a PIP track.

In photoshop or illustrator you can send to back, send to front, or send one back or send one forward. How can this be done with multiple PIP tracks? It seems as though it is related to the the time order in which they are placed.

Ahhh, you guys don't need cooling you should be using your rigs to keep your houses warm....

Quote: Ha HA! ha ! .. so, it's an april fools joke?

No joke...
http://www.amd.com/us/products/server/processors/6000-series-platform/pages/6000-series-model-number-methodology.aspx

I will not comment on other NLE video editing packages, except to the extent that PD8 punches way above its weight in this $ segment of the market and does an excellent job in AVCHD rendering.

Dafydd, it would be nice to have access to a render farm, but us mere mortals have to make do with quad cores or lesser. It wasn't that long ago that none of this would have been possible on a desktop PC and the latest SGI machine would have struggled under the workload.

Just for fun
MB asus KGPE-D16 $450
PIKE 8-port SAS2 6G RAID card $80-$100
CPU opteron 6176 SE x 2 $3000
MEMORY DDR3 1333 UDIMM with ECC x2gb x8 $95ea $760
VIDEO ATI CrossFire V8800 a cheap $1500 (shoud by two lol)
CASE norco 24 bay 19" rack hotswap SAS2.0 $2500
HDD Seagate constellation 2TB SAS2.0 x8 $3600
SSD drive for OS $160
MONITROS Dell 3007WFP x2 ~$3000
POWER SUPPLY PCP&C 960W $250

+ the usual
BD Burner $350
MISC heatsinks, fans, K/B, Mouse, 3Dconnexion motion controller $1000
Software $$$$
COOL $16650, I will take 2 it will be fun.

Yes I meant 12 cores (24 cores all up) blow your pants away rendering on solidworks or other multi-threaded renderer. Checkout places like the 3Dprofessor, hardforum, guru3D and 2CPU.

USB3.0 will allow for fast (200MB/s+) external RAID solutions, much faster than the current firewire and esata which only runs at SATA1 speed. There is a new firewire in the pipeline, but I can only imagine that alot more stuff will be made to support USB3.0 as USB is everywhere.

I run a 4 disk nvraid mode 0 array (suicide mode) to get as much speed as possible for video editing and achieve around 150MB/s read write and have found it not fast enough for video editing especially with multiple PIP tracks, but it sure beats running from a single 7200RPM sata drive. My next step up will be to go to an external RAID5 or RAID6 solution, at least it will give me some data security compared with what I am running now and a dramatically faster editing feel.

I have always liked to build my own systems and have never much cared for off the shelf solutions, it is part of the fun for me.

Richard
Go to: