Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I would not write off the money, but get a refund! If Cyberlink gets to keep your money, they will never learn...

Regards!
Bitstreaming is not possible with ATI cards. They will only output 7.1 LPCM, which is pretty good for me. To get bitstreaming, you'd need a special soundcard like the ASUS HDAV Xonar (you'll find much info on this on the AVSForum). But I don't know if the gain in audio quality would be worth $200,-? Furthermore, there are several other problems with that solution, like Reclock not working anymore (and therefore possible lipsync issues again), need to manually change between LPCM and bitstreaming for different sound tracks, 24p issues with older cards that are still being sold, etc.

For me, the downconverted LPCM will have to do until Slysoft releases their player sometime this year. It's supposed to output unmolested LPCM, which should sound as good as bitstreaming without the need of special expensive hardware.

Regards!
Try "VirtualCloneDrive" from www.slysoft.com. It works fine with PDVD.

Regards!
Hi Laurence!

I think I found the solution!!! I set the ATI card to 50 Hz (yes, really!) and I installed Reclock. This way, I get perfect judder free and smooth video (from BRs and PAL DVDs) and perfect lipsync! I've checked with many BRs already and all played back perfectly - no more lipsync issues! This works with TMT 3 only, because PDVD 9 is not supported by Reclock.

Finally, I will be able to enjoy my BRs!

Regards!

EDIT: it seems to be necessary to set the media speed to "25 Hz" and "Locked". Otherwise, with the "Auto" setting, some movies seem to stutter. With "25 Hz" it looks fine - let's hope it stays that way
Ad 1) Removing features that were present in an older version just to charge extra for them is an impudence! PDVD is already ridiculously expensive (especially considering the fact that it is not even beta quality!) and charging even more for basic features is pure greed! I really hope Cyberlink will choke on PDVD9 and get what it deserves for releasing such bad quality software, which is full of bugs and which everybody is complaining about!

Regards!
Hi Laurence!

Actually, I haven't found any solution to the lip sync problems yet! I was experimenting with TMT 3 and Reclock, HA on and off, but I always get severe lip sync problems. Maybe not using 24Hz but 50 or 60 (together with Reclock) would be the solution - I will try this the next few days. Arcsofts support told me they are working on a fix for the lip sync issues, but looking back at their patches for v2, I doubt that they will really be able to fix it for good.

So currently, there seems to be no way to play BR perfectly with PDVD, TMT or whatever (@24p, ATI card, LPCM over HDMI). It's a pity, really! Maybe the upcoming Slyplayer (see the forum on slysoft.com) will solve the issues, but it's still months away. Till then, I'll continue testing different scenarios and I'll report back here if I succeed. Please also notify me if you happen to find a solution!

Regards!
No the patch doesn't fix anything. HDMI audio is still messed up and the looping video still occurs.

We probably fell for an Aprils joke - the patch was released on April 1st! However, I don't find this funny at all...

Regards!
No the patch doesn't fix anything. HDMI audio is still messed up and the looping video still occurs.

We probably fell for an Aprils joke - the patch was released on April 1st! However, I don't find this funny at all...

Regards!
I think if you choose "HDMI" and "LPCM output", you'll get LPCM output with PDVD - at least it should, but I'm not sure if the channel mapping bug has been fixed yet (probably not).

TMT 3 works, but has its own problems (like severe lip sync issues with HDMI audio).

In the meantime, I uninstalled PDVD 9 completely, reinstalled it and then applied the patch - this time it worked. Why can't Cyberlink create a proper upgrade installer???

Anyway, the problem with the looping video still persists in v1530, so they didn't fix anything! I really don't understand why such a company still can be in business - probably because of the OEM sales, they must offer their cr*ppy product for a very attractive price to OEMs...

Regards!
Ahh great! Just downloaded the patch and it says that it cannot be installed (not the right version or no PDVD installed - both is incorrect, of course!) I'm using WIn7 7057 x64 btw.

Another perfect example of Cyberlinks great quality!

Regards!
Ahh great! Just downloaded the patch and it says that it cannot be installed (not the right version or no PDVD installed - both is incorrect, of course!) I'm using WIn7 7057 x64 btw.

Regards!

Regards!

Regards!
Where's the changelog? "Improved compatibility to BD titles" must be an Aprils joke...

Regards!
Well said John! This forum should be for helping each other and not for defending Cyberlink with lame excuses.

I'm glad you could solve your problem and thanks for sharing the solution here - I'm sure others will be thankful as well.

Regards!
Quote:
Quote: Any resolution here?

Yea right....

Solution is simple: After buying PDVD 7-8-9, I moved to Arcsoft + Asus Xonar 1.3 -> got bitstream and forgot about crappy PDVD and Cyberlink who don't respect their clients.

Does your combination work fine at 24p without audio/video sync problems? Is lip sync always perfect? Which graphics card do you use?

Thanks!
You can give ArcSoft TMT 3 a try. It's not perfect either, but it seems to work on some systems.

Regards!
Quote: It wasn't AVG. I like your idea Martin but don't I only get a limited number of uses for my CD-key?

I don't think so! But to make sure, you can disable your internet connection when reinstalling PDVD, so it can not phone home...

Regards!
I tried PDVD 9 at 24p and it definitely seems to have less lip sync problems. However, PDVD 9 has its own problems to an extent where it is unusable! E.g. completely messed up channel mapping for LPCM over HDMI, hanging (looping) video with ATI 4xxx cards, "Movie Live" stuff that's extremely annoying and can't be disabled, etc.

Regards!
It's probably AVG. Try uninstalling it, then reinstalling PDVD and see if it works. If not, remove the rest of your programs one by one to see what causes the problem. Since PDVD did work on a clean system and the problem started when you added other software, it should be easy to find out what causes it by adding one program at the time.

Regards!
Go to: