Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the reply.
Trouble is im trying to build a monster video file (around 12Gbs)
.mp4 simply cannot handle that and even at maxed quality settings compresses the video so much to about 80Mbs...

Why are your .mov templates fixed?
My input file is .mov, 25fps so i know quicktime supports this...im just trying to add titles to the video, then beef up the size during export, but the 29.97 forced fps is absolutely killing the video :/
I basically need this video as uncompressed as possible, 25fps, HIGH quality and ready for me to turn it into a flv...
any suggestions on other encoding types?

Ta

This problem is driving me horse-conkers.
My preference settings are for PAL (25fps), my input video is PAL (25fps) but when i produce another .mov with the following settings i get output video NTSC (29.97fps)!

Custom settings:
Lossless quality
Video size - 1920x1080
Video codec type
Compressor any codec
Keyframes 1

This is driving me nuts as there is no option to change fps in the .mov settings!
It seems to make no difference wether you are using a custom profile or the default ones...
please tell me i'm being stupid and there is a quick fix for this.
My company is relying on me!

Thanks!
AHA!
I have found the cause!!
I believe this could be very important in the future, as more filmmakers may use capture devices.
The problem seems to occur due to a heavy incompatibility between "BLACKMAGIC Design" drivers which somehow change windows files inc. Kernelbase.dll
In this case it was the brand new BLACKMAGIC INTENSITY SHUTTLE product & drivers which have caused a critical conflict with both Power Director and MSN messenger...
Perhaps Cyberlink could contact Blackmagic in order to make their products more compatible?
I have a feeling this issue will resurface at some point, as i am probably one of a very small number to currently own the new Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle.

Anyway just an update, thanks for the assist guys!

Now i just need to figure out how to get both PD9 & Blackmagic onto the same system as i need both!!
HDedit;
Yes i've googled kernelbase.dll like a maniac and not come back with anything particularly helpful/relevant.

Twincitybulldog;
Yeh this is what im now preparing to do but its such a pain....backing up almost 3Tbs of data takes a little while....

Will let you know if this extremely long winded 'fix' resolves it.

Personally i would quite like to meet the engineer that made the update that broke kernelbase.dll and
But it is a 'windows error' that only occurs when i try to run PD. All other installed programs work absolutely fine...
I just dont want to have to re-install windows in the hope that it might fix it...
Has anyone got any other suggestions?
I just tried with the link from that site but im not sure how to exactly as the kernalbase.dll is always is use so i cant replace it. Tried in safemode too.
What utilities would you recommend?

I had hoped someone could give me a magical answer simply by looking at the error codes in the screenshots or something :s
Hi, firstly im new here

Secondly im sure this is the wrong place to post a 'desperate tech support plea' but i found myself getting exceedingly fustrated with cyberlink's tech support who seem to have three sentences programmed into them and very little technical knowledge (or grasp of English grammar) and i was hoping to find the real tech wizards lurking here, in the forums.

The computer specs:

Windows 7 64-bit
AMD Phenom II x6 1090T Processor 3.20Ghz
8Gbs RAM
1Gb ATI Radeon HD 5800 series
4.03Tb Hard disk space
USB 3.0
(Yes my drivers are up to date!)

The problem:

After installing PD8 it worked fine for a while, seemingly untill i installed "Microsoft Fix it 50470" to fix a CRITICAL rebooting problem, it was around this time that PD8 stopped working (and MSN) both programs refused to start citing a common.dll error or such, so after much unistalling/reinstalling/cursing/reuninstalling/cursing/installing etc i gave up on PD8 and hoped that PD9 would fix the issue.

It doesnt.

Now the crash at startup seems to be due to "kernalbase.dll"
I have tried as an admin but no luck and tried PD8 in various compatibility modes but made no difference.
Will upload crash logs.

Pleaaaaase help me this is driving me spare!!
Thanks in advance!!

(Thought i should also add Cyberlink WaveEditor ((from PD9 download)) opens absolutely fine)
Cheers Cranston,
But i already have the DivX codec, i just wanted to know if PD7 would actually accept a DivX format video as an input for editing, or simpley vomit it out and reject it.
But thanks for everyone's help, i'm probably going to buy it in a little while.
Okay thanks everyone,
If it can handle AVI and all i have to do to get DIVX is install a seperate file/patch (presumably free) then thats no hassle at all and i'll get it.
Btw i'm not upgrading from PD6, I'm upgrading from PD3
:p
Basically i've very keen to get PowDirector 7, may buy it today depending on answers to this question.
In the 'version comparison' on the cyberlink sites neither Powerdirector 7 Deluxe or Ultra are listed as having Divx or AVI as a usable video import format
Does 7 deluxe support Divx and AVI formats?

Thanks
Go to: