Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I thought I had what I wanted in YouCam 9, but then got hooked into (upgrading?) to YouCam 365 10? I just got an email telling me that my YouCam 365 will be automatically renewed next month and my credit card on file will be charged $53.49. Do I have to renew YouCam (whatever version I have) every year? Can't I keep using YouCam9 after one purchase? I don't need or want all the features. All I want is a basic camera program and I had read YouCam was the best. If I cancel my YouCam 365 will I still be able to use my YouCam 9?

When I bought, downloaded, and installed YouCam 365, I think it updated my YouCam from 9 to 10, but both are installed, and I'd rather just use 9. Version 10 has so many features that I will never use and I'm not even remotely interested in having.

Now, under My Account in the Member Zone I hav that questionable YouCam "Annual" Subscription plan that I am being told will automatically renew. But, I also have 5 registered Lifetime Licenses. They are: PowerDirector Expess 5, which I don't think I need. I'm pretty sure I have never used it nor will I ever use it; MediaShow 3 LE (never used nor ever will use) - it offers me to update it, which I never have; Power2Go 5.5 DVD (again, never used, nor ever will), also with the never used offer to update; and PowerProducer 4 DVD (same, never used, never will, and also offer to update never done). The only item under Lifetime Licenses that I'd regularly use is the YouCam Deluxe 9 item. It has an update button as well, and I may have clicke on that. It took me to a page that offers a patch for YouCam 9, but I think it was a hook to download YouCam 10 (which I have great doubt that I ever needed). The lilnk says YouCam 10 Free Download, but as we all know, a free download does not mean the product you are downloading is free.

That is how I got hooked into installing YouCam 365 with version 10. As I mentioned above, both versions are installed in my computer. I elect to run YouCam 9 instead of 10 because of how bloated vertion 10 is with features I don't want and will never use.

I've always had great difficulty getting any clarity from Support. Can anyone answer my questions. I don't want to renew something I won't use, but I want to make sure that I will continue to be able to use YouCam 9, which I thought I had purchased without an annual renewal requirement.
Go to: