Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Please clarify for me YouCam 9, YouCam 10, and YouCam 365
RaySilva [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 05, 2020 16:50 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I thought I had what I wanted in YouCam 9, but then got hooked into (upgrading?) to YouCam 365 10? I just got an email telling me that my YouCam 365 will be automatically renewed next month and my credit card on file will be charged $53.49. Do I have to renew YouCam (whatever version I have) every year? Can't I keep using YouCam9 after one purchase? I don't need or want all the features. All I want is a basic camera program and I had read YouCam was the best. If I cancel my YouCam 365 will I still be able to use my YouCam 9?

When I bought, downloaded, and installed YouCam 365, I think it updated my YouCam from 9 to 10, but both are installed, and I'd rather just use 9. Version 10 has so many features that I will never use and I'm not even remotely interested in having.

Now, under My Account in the Member Zone I hav that questionable YouCam "Annual" Subscription plan that I am being told will automatically renew. But, I also have 5 registered Lifetime Licenses. They are: PowerDirector Expess 5, which I don't think I need. I'm pretty sure I have never used it nor will I ever use it; MediaShow 3 LE (never used nor ever will use) - it offers me to update it, which I never have; Power2Go 5.5 DVD (again, never used, nor ever will), also with the never used offer to update; and PowerProducer 4 DVD (same, never used, never will, and also offer to update never done). The only item under Lifetime Licenses that I'd regularly use is the YouCam Deluxe 9 item. It has an update button as well, and I may have clicke on that. It took me to a page that offers a patch for YouCam 9, but I think it was a hook to download YouCam 10 (which I have great doubt that I ever needed). The lilnk says YouCam 10 Free Download, but as we all know, a free download does not mean the product you are downloading is free.

That is how I got hooked into installing YouCam 365 with version 10. As I mentioned above, both versions are installed in my computer. I elect to run YouCam 9 instead of 10 because of how bloated vertion 10 is with features I don't want and will never use.

I've always had great difficulty getting any clarity from Support. Can anyone answer my questions. I don't want to renew something I won't use, but I want to make sure that I will continue to be able to use YouCam 9, which I thought I had purchased without an annual renewal requirement.
Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

YouCam 365 is the subscription version of YouCam, which the current version is 10.x. The difference from YouCam 10.0, is that all new feature updates added while your 365 subscription is active, are free/provided.

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=27142

YouCam 9 was released before 365 was available, and is perpetual version like version 10.0.

You can contact CyberLink support and ask them for a download link to your YouCam 9 if it is not longer installed. You can have both 9 and 10 installed, so you can use 10 features until your subscription expires.

Cheers
YouCam Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 18. 2023 20:34

Please direct any sales or technical issues to CyberLink's customer support team:

Sales or installation related issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Software technical issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/sup