Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Dafydd,

Actually, I like those warning messages. They keep me from doing something stupid.

It concerned me that PD 11 couldn't properly read a HD file produced by PD 10.

But the error message went away once I closed down PD and reopened it...

I'm going to edit the old file and produce a new file today.... sooo.... hopefully it'll work ok.

Well, this is frustrating. Now I don't get the error message when I import the file into PD 11.

Unfortunately, I didn't go any further when I got the error message.

Hopefully, the problem resolved itself, but I'll let you know if it pops up again and I'll experiment further if it happens again.

Thanks for your input.
Just upgraded to Power Director 11 Ultra from Power Director 10 Ultra.

Problem: When I try to import a video file produced in PD 10, the following message pops up. " The frame rate of the file you imported (23.976 FPS) does not match with current project frame rate setting (29.97 FPS), so the quality may be downgraded. It is highly recommended that you use only video clips with the same frame rate in a project."

The file was produced in Power Director 10 and the properties show that the file is actually 29 FPS. I don't have any other clips in the in the library or on the timeline. It's a brand new production. No hardware changes.

Anyone know if this is a known issue and if the program will actually read the file correctly or will it degrade the quality?

I've got a support ticket in, but I need to know before my 30 day return runs out. I really like the new version, but I might have to rollback until they get the bugs fixed. I've got a lot of video to edit and not a lot of time to put up with bugs.

Any advice, please? Thanks in advance.
Go to: