Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Thanks for sharing the new clip. I tried opening it in PhD 6, 7 and 365, and in each version the import preview works normally and the photo loads in low resolution but then stalls with an animated Loading... message

This is the PhD 6 screenshot:

I suggest you contact CL tech support and include a link to this forum discussion so they can download and test the same clip

Yes, that's the same as what I get in PD13. I contacted customer support again and included the link to this thread. They actually responded to my first inquiry saying they forwarded it to their development team. I'll post again if they come up with a solution. Thanks!
The problem seems to be my copy of pd13. I downloaded NXstudio from nikon and it loads everything properly. Thanks for your help in getting this sorted.
Quote Please understand, I do not own a Nikon Z8. I downloaded sample files from the websites linked above.

I can definitely confirm that the .NEF & .JPG files I tested were taken on a Nikon Z8.

1. Both websites stated that.
  2. Metadata in PhD states that.
  3. Window properties states the same.
  4. EXIF tool says the camera model is Nikon Z8 too.

Just to clear this up, could you please attach one of your Z8 .NEF files for us to check, just as optodata suggested. We may be at crossed purposes.

Cheers - Tony
Quote G'day Rus54 -

The short answer is yes.

I grabbed some raw samples (.NEF) from Photography Life & they imported & displayed correctly in PhD14.

Oh - and those same files imported & displayed properly in PhD12. No problem... even PhD7! surprised

Cheers - Tony

What camera were your photos taken with? I have photos taken with older nikon cameras that load correctly also. It's just the Z8 that has the issue. Photoshop had the same issue when the camera came out in may but apparently they've resolved it. Just wondering if PD had resolved it yet.
Does anyone know if the latest version of photodirector will load nikon z8 raw files? I'm on version 12 and it does not. Just wondering if it's worth updating or wait. I emailed customer service but they never responded.
Go to: