Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
That did it! Thanks so much! I actually bumped up one of the 640x320 to 1.7Mbps which pretty much gets me where I wanted to be. The samples were very helpful.
Tony - thank you thank you thank you. I will try them as soon as I get home. Thats very nice of you.

1 additional question: How do you open those prx files? Supposedly WMP can open them but I couldn't figure out how. I see they're really just XML files and I tried manually editing the XML but that seemed to have no effect within PD8. I'm assuming some of the hex codes must be updated in addition to the "640x480" strings etc.

Again, thanks for all your help.

Jeff
I'm actually trying to output for less than DVD quality since I'm posting to the web. WIth PD7 I used to use Zune High Quality which gave me what I was looking for at 16:9. Problem here is any format I choose other than DVD quality forces my output into 4:3 format even though the source is 16:9 and my settings are at 16:9. Currently to get around this I'm running the output video through Expression Encoder to switch to 16:9. But there's (seemingly) gotta be a way to do this directly from within PD8. Thats the issue I'm having.
OK, like I said I"m most likely doing something wrong here, just don't know what it is. I downloaded MS Expression Encoder, and when I import the wmv files that are playing as 4:3 in media player, they say 16:9 in Expression Encoder. Obviously I'm missing something. Not really sure what yet/.
I CANNOT BELIEVE I HAVE TO JUMP THROUGH THESE KIND OF HOOPS JUST TO OUTPUT IN 16:9 FORMAT!!!

I've looked at the videos on how to create my own prx templates, but I can't figure out how to get media player to open prx files. This is insanity. PD7 could output in 16x9 format OOTB. PD8 Cannot except for HD quality. Am I missing something here??????? It gotta be something I'm doing wrong.
Thanks Carl, yes I do. Which is why its even more puzzling why I'm being forced into 4:3 output on almost all production choices for wmv. It just doesn't make sense and makes be think I'm doing something basically wrong.
Thanks for the info, but the question begs, why was I able to do this with no customization on 7? Isn't 16:9 pretty much the preferred format these days? Why does V8 require mods just to do this?

Or am I using the wrong format? Is using wmv a mistake?

Just looking for the easiest way to get around this. Thanks
With PD7 I was able to get really nice results for posting to web sites using Zune High Quality. Now with PD8 I can't seem to get anything to output in 16:9 except HD Standard quality which is too big. Everything ends up 4:3. I've tried numerous settings, not sure what I'm doing wrong. My source video is shot in 16:9 hi def with a JVC cam.

as an example, this is a comparison of Zune High Quality wmv files produced with PD7 and PD8: (properties of file from Windows Media Player)

PD7:
Video size: 640x368
Aspect Ratio: 1:1 actual, 1.78:1 displayed
Codec: Windows Media Video 9

PD8:
Video size: 640x480
Aspect Ratio: 4:3 actual, 1.78:1 displayed
Codec: Windows Media Video 9 Professional

How can I produce moderate size wmv output and preserve my 16:9 aspect ratio?
I have mostly 16x9 video but I want to insert a 4x3 clip. Is there a way to resize/stretch the 4x3 so it looks seamless when I create the movie?

Thanks, Jeff
quick question: Are JVC TOD files AVCHD?
Thanks for the info. Question: Are shadow files necessary? I see they're kept in a sub directory of my documents, and I end up deleting them all from time to time. Is that OK?

Also, how do I know when the initial shadow file creation is complete?

Also, does PDR constantly update the shadow files each time I make an edit?
This process is running eating up 50% of the CPU and I'm doing absolutely nothing. What exactly is it doing? PDR.EXE is sitting idle.

I'm trying to edit, but due to this process its very choppy when I play my clips. Can I kill it?

PD 7, just installed the latest patch yesterday
Win XP SP3
Dell Inspiron 9300 2GB RAM

follow up question:

How do I modify the default duration of each of these custom titles I've created? Its a PIA to have to modify the duration from 10 seconds to 5 seconds each time I use one of them...

As usual, thanks in advance.
Quote:
Quote: You can save your modified title as a new title which will then become a favourite.

pjc - thanks for the help. Question: How exactly do I save my modified title as a new title?

Thanks in advance, Jeff

never mind - I figured it out. Right click, then "modify template"
Quote: You can save your modified title as a new title which will then become a favourite.

pjc - thanks for the help. Question: How exactly do I save my modified title as a new title?

Thanks in advance, Jeff
thats sort of what I ws thinking if doing also, but the only problem I could see was using those saved projects as true titles (where they overlay the video) instead of the default video (where they would precede each clip) - see what I mean? Or maybe I just don't know how to use video as titles?
I need to create about 30 or so projects which consist of kids skiing mogul competitions, one for each kid. There are a total of about 10 competitions, each of which I would like to create a title for (i.e. 10 titles for each project)

Needless to say, these exact same 10 titles will need to be re-used for each project. Is there a way to save all 10 of them somehow, and just pull them into each project so I don't have to recreate the exact same titles for each project?

Thanks
Quote: You'll have a tough time changing the aspect ratio if you've already done your editing.

However, there's a quick trick. Just edit the .PDS file for your project with a text editor. Find the section that says 'Aspectratio=False' and change it to True. Then resave the PDS project file. When you open your project next time the aspect ratio is now changed.

You may have to re-stretch some photos, but sometimes it beats starting over because the aspect ratio was set wrong.

excellent advice. Thanks.
Quote: Hi Jeff,

Check your project aspect ratio. 4:3 will give a wmv profile of 1280x960, 16:9 gives 1280x720.

Cheers
Adrian

oh, OK. Thats gotta be it. Thanks so much. I knew it was something easy. I'm sorta slow that way. lol.
Thanks for responding. The latest patch I installed was:

CyberLink.2227c_Patch_VDE080909-01.exe

Go to: