Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: Guys,
Cyberlink is multi bilion dollar company and i would say the best Video editor software i can think off so far.
Only one major issue: Would you please replace current FX( flower picture) with some 3 second real world picture ! current flower pic does not give any effect overview has to drop it to timeline to check the effect.

Hi Vibs

Welcome to the foum!

Please post your suggestion on the Cyberlink Suggestion Page at the start of the of the Forum

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40351.page
Hi Neil

Welcome back!

PD8 was (is) a great version of PD. Happy that you're still using it cool
Quote: CyberLink release information: 2015-05-28.:

PowerDirector 13 GM6 v2907 has been withdrawn due to a critical issue being found in specific platforms.

Issue summary: After updating PowerDirector 13 to v2907 in specific platforms, PowerDirector 13 shows error message "Out of memory" and crashes after opening a project. Users who have encountered the issue should roll back to PowerDirector 13 v2604. CyberLink are working on the solution now and will provide a new patch ASAP.

Hi D

You couldn't make this up. Could you?

Why don't they test it first before releasing it!!
Hi D

This seems to be the norm with the CL Downloader.

Why don't they just post the Patch on this Forum? Their silly downloader nearly always fails.

Quote: Hey,
Thanks for the fast reply.
After looking into the problem further, I discovered that H.264 is basically the new MP4. So I'm assuming that Cyberlink released a software update for PD13, that removed MP4 and replaced it with the file format H.264.

The file format that you want to Produce to is not available in the trial version
Hi Soullithan

Welcome to the forum

There are quite a few limitations with the 'process' options. Check out the limited importing and producing options in the link below:

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/powerdirector-ultra/download_en_US.html?affid=2581_1123_290_12411_0_ENU_powerdirector-ultra

I believe your file type preference is one of them.

In the full versions MP4/MPEG4 is an option.
Hi Jeff

Interesting observation - thanks for sharing.

The next day I opened up my project and hit the produce key and everything worked fine, no error message, nothing cool

Odd, but hey that's PD!
Hi Guys and Girl

Have any of you experienced this error message before and what did you do to prevent it from occurring?

Note: I do have the latest QT and WMP etc etc

I'm producing to the same as the source files 1920x1080 50i 24mbps

Note: My workaround was to uncheck the Intel SVRT thingy
Quote: I quickly learned PD will lock up if you try to stretch a cross fade.
So I quit doing that and started saving frequently which is something I've learned to with my audio app (SONAR).
But then it locked up saving thumbnails or something.
Any tips on avoiding or workflow that is tried and true? PD13 fully patched, Win7, generic Gateway i3 machine, a cheapie from several years ago.
Dennis

Hi

Lock up or freezing usually occurs due to an unpowered computer. This is probably your case.

I see you've an i3 machine which would struggle. See my set up on my signature

Try these tips:

Get the latest update for your graphics card - go to manufacturers website.

Ensure all source files are on your C drive

Try to keep at least 100GB free space on your C drive

Go slowly

Save As using versions. eg Going to the beach V1, Going to the beach V2 etc etc. This way you will also have a version to go back to.

Avoid using transitions that make your computer crash
Quote: When I insert a crossfade between two music video clips taken from different cameras, I find that the second clip seems to freeze momentarily at the end of the fade, which can look at bit odd.

Hi Peter2014

Does it freeze when you're playing your project in the timeline or after you have Produced your movie?

If it is during playback in your timeline trying reducing the quality of the playback - rectangle in rectangle symbol beneath the preview window.

You can always highlight the area and use the Produce Range tab to see how it looks
Hi Fabbian

There are lots on YT.

Here's one:

Quote: I'm trying to create a title bar to go into the lower third of my videos. How can I create custom animation for custom title bars? I'm trying to make it look like similar to the breaking news template, but a little different. (colors, logo, etc.)

Hi

Welcome to the forum

Drop a transition at the start and the end of your lower third.

I use the Slide transition on mine
Hi All

Anybody else having trouble downloading this patch?

When I open the Downloader it just 'hangs' and does nothing and then the following error message.

Then I have to Ctl Alt Del as the Downloader is unresponsive.

I've re-downloaded it but the same thing happens

Glad you got it sorted - thanks for letting us know.

Could you please edit your original posted and use the word SOLVED in the subject line.

By doing this you are assisting others to find a solution to a similar problem.
Quote: AAAH. please help. I am taking snapshots from my video clips and naming them as prompted. when I view the snapshot I saved, it appears as an image of the first frame from the video in which the snapshot was taken, rather than the specific snapshot I selected. Can anyone please give me a simple solution? It has to be some glitch or settings issue. I have troubleshooted to the best of my ability otherwise.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi

Welcome to the forum

How odd

Are you sure you have moved the cursor to the position that you want and then press the camera icon under the preview window??

Quote: Just reporting what I found out today...
I go back and forth, from work office to home. I try to take my PD13 video projects with me. I am a consulting chemical engineer, and sometimes have opportunity to work on my PD13 projects at my refinery office.
I have a new Western Digital USB hard drive, and use it to take my PD projects back and forth. I found out today, that its performance is very poor, even though it's a USB 3.0 device.
I have a PDS project file that I created at work, and saved to my USB external drive. I brought the drive home, launched the PDS file from it. PowerDirector was very, very, very, slow. So, I saved the PDS file to my computer hard drive, launched it from there, and the performance gain was amazing.
Just curious if others had experienced the same.
Clark

Hi Clark

Your observations are spot on.

The PDS file on an external drive is really slow.

You can however as HDedit has suggested export and import files to and from external hard drives as you might not have enough storage on your internal hard drive.

I believe PD needs about 100 GB of free space on your internal hard drive to operate efficiency.
Hi Gents

Kyle - I think there's a glitch in PD13

Tony - I had the same result as you using only two clips. The problem only occurs when there is other clips, titles etc in the project
Hi All

Just wondering if someone who has a two camera project they're working on could test this please.

My project has 7 tracks of various file types - video, title etc etc.

On track 1 and 2, I have two video files that I want to Sync by Audio.

After using Sync by Audio PD moves these synced video files and dumps them on tracks 10 and 11

Can anyone else verify this please.

Quote: So that's the only way? I thought of that but doing it in two steps would take longer. Plus the double encoding might affect video quality.

Hi

As Nina has said Produce the project first as close to the original footage as possible (right click clip to view Properties).

Then import this Produced clip and Slow Down from there.

The quality loss is negligible.
Hi Janos

Great work
I'm the same as Carl - no problems here.

My only gripe is that MM can only be used on the Music Track
Go to: