Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
***** PowerDirector13 patch (v2604) **** 2015-02-25
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
CyberLink release information: 2015-02-25.

Updates PowerDirector 13 to build 2604

Build Info:
Version: PowerDirector 13
Build number: 13.0.2604
SR number: VDE150123-01

Software Update Page:
ENU: http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html
CHT: http://tw.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_zh_TW.html
CHS: http://cn.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_zh_CN.html
JPN: http://jp.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_ja_JP.html
DEU: http://de.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_de_DE.html
ITA: http://it.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_it_IT.html
ESP: http://es.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_es_ES.html
FRA: http://fr.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_fr_FR.html
KOR: http://kr.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_ko_KR.html

Updates PowerDirector 13 to build 2604
Install this patch update enhances the program stability.
Note:This patch is not for PowerDirector Live subscribers.

Release note:

Fixes the issue that certain HDV camcorders cannot be detected in the Capture window.
Fixes the issue that sometimes there are random black frames in produced slideshows.
Fixes the issue that PowerDirector 13 takes a long time to complete image cropping when lots of images are added to the timeline.
Fixes the issue that 2K/4K video resolution is incorrect when produced with NVIDIA GPU hardware encoding enabled.
Fixes the issue that the disc menu options cannot be accessed using the up/down arrow keys in some customized disc menus.
Fixes the issue that NVIDIA hardware encoding is not utilized when burning discs with the H.264 interlaced profile.
Fixes crash issue encountered when performing Multi Trim function on 4K video clips in the 32bit version.
Fixes crash issue encountered when opening specific projects, modifying, and then re-saving them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 25. 2015 04:15

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, this issue "Fixes the issue that NVIDIA hardware encoding is not utilized when burning discs with the H.264 interlaced profile."
appears to be resolved in this official release just like it was in the v2514 beta release. However, the secondary part of NVIDIA hardware encoding during "Produce" is not corrected which was presented here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/42289.page and further verified in the attached pic.

Basically, the "Produce" module, with some common standard produce profiles, the HA encoding has become about 1.4x times slower since NVIDIA driver 344.75, however, this slowness with recent NVIDIA drivers does not affect the "Create Disc" module creating the same video format. Hence most likely a PD issue, not a NVIDIA issue. The "Produce" module encoding is also slow in relation to the same profile in "Create Disc" module which further points to a issue with PD and Produce.

Please pass along this thread so that maybe reliable HA encoding can be achieved in a future patch with current NVIDIA drivers.

Jeff
[Thumb - HA_Nvidia_PD13r2604.png]
 Filename
HA_Nvidia_PD13r2604.png
[Disk]
 Description
HA Produce Issues Nvidia
 Filesize
36 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
188 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Jeff,
I have passed on the information.
Dafydd
Zootles [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2015 13:43 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Any sign of a fix to the quite common Particle room crash using recent Nvidia drivers?

Such a shame that I and many other still have to use a 10 month old driver just to get this program to function fully.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Zootles, have you tried the newest nVidia release for older cards? It's V341.44 dated 2015-02-24.

Could you please post the results of your DxDiag tests? I have PD12 and 13 with nVidia cards and like many others, have not had any issues with particle room. Obviously this is a real problem for you and other people and it would help to know more about your system.

Also, does it matter if you have any clips in the timeline when the crash happens? Do you need to click, select or drag a particle effect to the timeline or does just clicking on the room cause the crash? Have you tried clicking on the particle room from somewhere besides the media room? Does hitting <F6> cause the same crash?

When you install the nVidia driver, what happens if you choose custom and ONLY install the graphics driver? Be sure you uncheck everything else (3D Vision, Miracast, PhysX, etc.) then perform a clean installation. Does that make a difference?

These might seem tedious, especially since you'll need to load newer video driver, but any info you case provide will help!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 27. 2015 15:56

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
HI Zootles,
Please post your question as a new topic.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/jforum.page?module=posts&action=insert&forum_id=146
Dafydd
rgc08 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 02, 2015 13:24 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi - I've recently updated to this new patch and I've noticed that the background animation opacity of the title "Social Media 1" has been reduced so far that it makes the text un-readable and background barely visible. I'm currently working on a project that is using this title animation and before the update the opacity level of the animation was well balanced. Is there anyway I can get the opacity back to how it was previously? I have tried going in to modify and selecting the animation but the option for transparency will not respond.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Yes, this issue "Fixes the issue that NVIDIA hardware encoding is not utilized when burning discs with the H.264 interlaced profile."

Jeff

Update:
Issue has been replicated by CL and they're dealing with the problem.
Dafydd
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Yes, this issue "Fixes the issue that NVIDIA hardware encoding is not utilized when burning discs with the H.264 interlaced profile."

Jeff

Update:
Issue has been replicated by CL and they're dealing with the problem.
Dafydd

I assume you quoted a incorrect line of mine? What you quote has already been corrected.

Is it proper to assume what was meant is that CL has duplicated the significant HA performance loss in "Produce" with NVIDIA drivers post 344.75 and that's being addressed?

Thanks
Jeff
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry Jeff,
I meant to quote just the beginning of the post I was referring to rather than everything, you are right it made the reference misleading, oops.

Your assumption is correct.
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04. 2015 03:22

CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All

Anybody else having trouble downloading this patch?

When I open the Downloader it just 'hangs' and does nothing and then the following error message.

Then I have to Ctl Alt Del as the Downloader is unresponsive.

I've re-downloaded it but the same thing happens

[Thumb - PD13 Downloader.png]
 Filename
PD13 Downloader.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
102 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1281 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 07. 2015 03:27

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

[Post New]
Nope, it worked fine for me. Installed correctly too (I always use 7zip to decompress the big .exe file).

Try deleting the old downloader file (the one you try to download now) from computer.
[Post New]
With nVidia GTX 960, latest drivers (347.52) the H264 Hardware Accelerated encoding is not active for 2K and 4K interlaced formats, but it is active for 1080 interlaced format.
HA is active for all the above formats in progressive format.

Is that normal or is a glitch?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 07. 2015 08:47

Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi All

Anybody else having trouble downloading this patch?

When I open the Downloader it just 'hangs' and does nothing and then the following error message.

Then I have to Ctl Alt Del as the Downloader is unresponsive.

I've re-downloaded it but the same thing happens

Hi CubbyHouseFilms

I've recently had lots of probs with my broadband provider BUT I've managed to download the latest PATCH update easy enough I have had problems with the patch updates in the past. The way I've got around this, is to delete any old downloader files as soon as the latest patch is installed.

cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Neil, PM me if you're still having difficulty downloading the latest version.

Dafydd, I've noticed two minor issues here, but they may have been present in previous versions of PD13. I don't remember ever seeing them in PD12 or earlier.

The first is that if I set the preview mode to Non Real-time, the sound is muted and the sound icon is crossed out as expected. However, If I close and restart PD and then preview a clip in the timeline, the sound plays even though the editor still has the sound icon crossed out and Non Real-time Preview is still checked. I have to select Real-time, then Non-Real-time to get everything back in sync.

The second issue is that PD doesn't always sign in to Director Zone. I have both the "Auto sign in" and "Allow PD to gather info" boxes checked, but sometimes I'll glance up and see the "sign in to DZ" message in light blue up at the top right. Normally the sign in automatically occurs on startup when the previous project is loading, but sometimes that fails and PD doesn't seem to try again during that session. Clicking on the sign in link brings up the Auto sign in box (with the check boxes preserved), and I can sign in from there by clicking OK.

On a scale of 1-10, these are a 3 and a 1, respectively, but I still wanted to pass them on.

Thanks!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks optodata
I've passed the observations on to CyberLink.
Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: With nVidia GTX 960, latest drivers (347.52) the H264 Hardware Accelerated encoding is not active for 2K and 4K interlaced formats, but it is active for 1080 interlaced format.
HA is active for all the above formats in progressive format.

Is that normal or is a glitch?

Hi SoNic67,
Thank you for the observation, I'll try and find out.
Dafydd
Charlie72703
Newbie Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas Joined: Jun 30, 2014 15:50 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Can someone direct me to where the former patch is located on my Windows 8.1 machine? I downloaded the new one but cannot find the old one to remove it as advised. Sorry for the dumb question but didn't find it in program files or program data.

Thanks in advance Charlie
optodata
[Post New]
You actually can't remove an old patch and there's usually no need to. You can only install a different version, and that will overwrite the existing patch.

There's a brand new beta patch available so try downloading and installing that. If you need to go back to a previous version for any reason, please download it from the main Cyberlink support page.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 31. 2015 18:47

YouTube/optodata

[Post New]
Just to make sure I am doing this correctly, installing the latest patch will update my newly installed 13.0.02104.0 version to the latest version, correct? Or do I need to install each release in order of build number? Luthien Tinuviel