Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Try using Avidemux to remux mxf to mp4.No transcode.Set video and audio to copy.

Repack from one container format to another is fast because of no transcode.

Sould be plenty of others you could try to remux your files ffmpeg etc
Are you inputing straight from the camera H264 MPEG4 or have you installed GoPro Studio and converted to Cineform?
Gopro recommends conversion to its editing format(cineform) to minimise quality loss and make editing easier.
H264 is highly compressed and needs decent computer power to attempt to edit it directly.What are your basic computer specs?

You should have got Gopro studio with your camera,so if you did install it do you get the same problem if you edit and render out using that.I cant see anything wrong with your settings.

Might also try posting on the gopro forum,many of them use other editors rather than studio.

Win 10 limits HEVC(H265) /MP4 playback in WMP to devices that have H265 hardware decode support.

AVC(H264) /MP4 is supported for both hardware and software decode.

They have said they will look again at this in future updates to win 10.But as far i know this is still the situation.

You could just use VLC media player or MPC HC which less bloated,to play them.
It worked.

Thanks for the solution and the pic.
PD13 ultimate 3130 64bit

Win 8.1 64bit

Ctrl +G or via menu,nothing happens.Cant get it to work in PD14 trial either.

Am i missing something obvious?
No ones offended and theres no need to apologise, its just that some people dont see the problem with opencandy.

Trial version of PD downloaded from CL website will give option to install google chrome and a browser plugin.I declined but if i wasnt paying attention it would have, because the boxes are ticked by default.To me those are both potentially unwanted programs because i didnt want them.Open candy also gives you a choice.It only runs during install and it doesnt infect your pc.If you call it malware then you have to classify PD trial as malware too.

If people are worried about it .Run your browser in a sandbox,download /install and run in a sandbox.When your satisfied nothing bad is being installed delete it and install as normal.Sandboxie is the best known but there are others as well.
Are you certain that the output from gopro studio is h264 and not cineform codec.Archive/edit output will put cineform into MP4 or MOV container formats.Did you use custom and select h264 instead.Cineform not supported and would explain message.

The reason for the performance in studio is that it uses a proper intermediate editing format(cineform) which is a lot less compressed and studio is highly optimised for it.So edit/playback in it is a lot easier on your pc.When you output to h264 your changing from that to a highly compressed distribution and playback format.You need a lot more power to try and use brute force to edit it.

Ive got an i7 4 core/8 threads /16GB ram and i would change to using a shadow file for 2.7k Especially when you start adding filters and effects which put even more pressure on your pc.Theres nothing wrong with your pc but at that very high resolution a shadow file woud be better to edit a playback format.
Hint: take a look at the readme at the top of page 1. You need to post more details about the problem.The type of media on the timeline
what you rendering to and your computer specs etc.Theres not enough info for anyone to work out precisely whats going on.Which is probably why your not getting many replies.

I have to go to work, but if you post more info you shoud get more replies.
Just keep in mind when handrake or any other program converts variable to constant:
To keep the audio in sync it will have to add(duplicate) and/or remove(drop frames) if too much of this has to be done it can affect the smoothness of the video.It will appear jerky.

Since the range of frame rate difference between 30 and 29.7 is very small you dont need to worry about it.
The best solution to this is for power director to support the framerates ,like many of its competitors.
optodata Actually,its you thats being innacurate as you so kindly put it.

All editors have to interface with the os,they interact but are separate. Everyone knows that different editors use different code and codecs but if theres a breakage on the windows side relating to h264 then theres a high probability it will also affect other software as well.The bug is in windows which has nothing to do with the software thats using it.Thats why i suggested trying the h264 video in another editor.

My experience with BSOD is the exact opposite to yours.The majority are caused by buggy software/drivers/ hardware incompatibiliy with software your trying to run and conflicts caused by one program having an adverse effect on another.Reinstalling windows wont fix them.Its all the previous that need to be fixed. You certainly cant guarantee anyone that an OS reinstall will fix their problem Even microsoft couldnt make that guarantee.

Every program on your computer requires it to be in essentially perfect health, not just PD . Thats pretty obvious. A Drive image copies the bugs as well.System restore points record changes made to your OS and programs installed/uninstalled since your last one.That might work if windows update or a software install which is the cause ,is no loger installed.New user account will have zero effect.A computer doesnt have to "relearn" that its using a SSD ,you put them in,there supported by windows ,they work.

The fact that the OP has carried out a repair of his windows install and PD still crashed. is evidence that his problem has nothing to do with the OS.Since PowerDirector is not the cause either.It must be something related to his own particular hardware/ software configuration.

Does your video crash when dragged to the timeline in another editor like vegas?If it doesnt, its unlikely to be your operating system.The platinum version trial is only about 300MB download, so you could check that pretty quickly.

Run a registry cleaner , re- boot and see if that helps.

Have you tried rolling back to older driver versions for your particular graphics card.You can get them from the nvidia website.

Maybe just me, but i think its a bit drastic to wipe your whole OS just because a single program isnt working for h264 video.Especially if everything else is working ok.I would try cyberlink first and even microsoft support as well.

Something else to consider:

Are you installing from a retail disk or a download from the internet? both could be corrupted and that doesnt mean it wouldnt install or run or give any error messages.I had problems with crashing in another video editor 2 years ago and all updates didnt fix it.Turned out it was a bad disk so every time i reinsatalled i was just reinstalling the same problems.Found that out when i downloaded from the internet instead and used my activation code on that.

So in both cases its worth trying a download of the editor from the website to rule out corruption in your current install medium.

Your video doesnt crash my version of PD13 when moved to the timeline either.Ultimate 2604 on Win 8.1/64bit.Im also using the same graphics driver as you.
You could also try going back to a system restore point if you have it turned on.Windows often creates them when you install or uninstall .If you can remember when you did it ,you could look to see if theres a point after you installed PD but before removing newblue.
Shadowman

Its not just my opinion Its pretty basic and common knowledge in the video industry that you cant take the millions of pixels created in a 4K clip and cram them into a much smaller container.The downscaler tries to make intelligent decisions about which pixels to keep and which pixels to remove.DVD NTSC only has 720x480 pixels for example, you cant cram all those extra 4K pixels into it.So huge nubers of pixels have to be dropped and at the end of it your left with DVD quality.If you could cram them all in everyone would be able to make Blu ray quality video at dvd resolution and file size.Youl get the same answer on any other audio/video forum,but i doubt youl be willing to listen.

Where in my post do i say your talking rubbish.I was simply stating for the benefit of others reading the thread that what you said was actually untrue.What do you expect me do: ignore it,blindly agree?.How else am i supposed to word it?

Who said anything about falling out over it.If you think what i said is untrue,then debate it.Explain to me how the above is wrong rather than just posting : "your opinion!"
Quote:
Your opinion!
lol and every post you make is just your opinion! thats what open debate is all about.

no need to be like that when someone disagrees with you.

I get best quality by filming in 1080, rendering to 1080 and playing back in a tv which has a native resolution of 1080 so that the play back device and tv dont have to upscale or downscale.Both of which degrade quality.

I also get better dvd quality by filming at that resolution , rather than downscaling 1080.

Thats just my experience, take it or leave it.No need for the sarcasm.
Quote:
Take the millions of pixels created in a 4K clip and cram them into a much smaller container

If only that were true id be a happy man.

When you convert from 4K to 1920x1080 all those extra pixels and all that extra detail is chucked into the dustbin.Its gone, you cant magically cram it into the smaller resolution.Its a waste of time downgrading 4k, youl get better results shooting at 1080 if thats
what you want.
oORBIT2002 Youve misunderstood again. I didnt mean re-encode before placing on timeline

After ive edited and added any special effects,i have to render.At that point i choose a SVRT compliant profile so later on if idecide to make quick edits its a lot faster.

I and others were just trying to help you out and suggest a workaround to the problem that would enable you to smart render and still produce an output that looks great.I wish i hadnt bothered.

Take your sarcasm to apple on the iphone forum,if they have one and ask why their expensive telephone is incapable of recording video at a constant frame rate. Its not a powerdirector problem its an iphone one.
No it isnt.Your misunderstanding the use of SVRT.You render once and then any later changes are smart rendered which is much faster and preserves quality since it only encodes at the joins .The bulk of the video is just a direct stream copy.

I often re-encode files to be SVRT compliant and cant tell the difference between the input and output in terms of quality.I use it a lot and heres an example of why:Say ive got 10 music videos and ive made them all SVRT compliant,initially i havnt gained anything but later i decide to-

make edits to videos 3, 6 and 8
combine scenes from videoes 1,5, 6 and 10 to make a new video
merge the complete videos 4 and 7 into one longer one.
etc, etc

That has just saved me 5 whole video re-encodes.

SVRT is just an optional tool to save time in certain editing situations.It has saved me hours of time.
I dont see anything stupid about it.If I saw any quality loss i wouldnt be using it.

You dont say what output format your trying to render to.This is from cyberlink:

Intelligent SVRT can be applied to video clips in the MPEG-1, MPEG-2, H.264 and DV-AVI (Type I) formats
and only works if:
The frame rate, frame size, and file format are the same as those of the destination production profile.
The bitrate is similar to that of the destination production profile
The TV format is the same as that of the destination production profile.

variable frame rate will cause problems.If it was me i would render your file to one of the h264/avc profiles
and edit/smart render with that.

Are you using Non Real time preview? it mutes the audio during preview and editing, but doesnt affect your render.

If you are, right click on the preview window and select Preview mode- Real time preview to hear audio during editing.
Go to: