Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can you mount the ISO in a virtual drive (like the free Virtual Clonedrive or Daemon Tools Lite) and open it to see what the file/folder structure is of the ISO that PD saves?

In any case, even if the ISO PD saves is not in a VIDEO_TS folder format filled with .VOB (video object), .IFO (info) and .BUP (backup) files that a DVD player needs you can always just use the copy of the disc you created using CREATE DISC that does play for you to make more copies from it in the manner I detailed above.

You can also just insert the disc that plays for you into your drive and open ImgBurn and select 'Create Image File from Disc' option to create an ISO from it that will be in a proper format to burn and play in a DVD or Blu-ray player. If it's a dual layer DVD then ImgBurn will prompt you through selecting the proper layer break needed for it and it will save as an ISO and MDS file and to burn to new DVD just right click the MDS and select 'Burn using ImgBurn'.
If you have already produced a DVD that plays ("using CREATE DISC") you can load it into your drive and go to Start > Computer > right click on the drive and select 'Open' > And there you will see a VIDEO_TS folder and possibly an AUDIO_TS folder along with it that's usually empty.

You can drag and drop the folder(s) from the disc to any location on your computer and then burn them back to a new DVD using ImgBurn's "Write Files and Folders to Disc" option (just click the option and you can just drag and drop the folder(s) into the open area of the ImgBurn window) and it will see what you are trying to burn and burn it in the correct ISO9660+UDF format recognized by DVD & Blu-ray players. After adding the folders to ImgBurn you should check the 'Device' tab and set the write speed to one of the supported write speeds listed there for your drive and that type media.

Also, by default the 'verify' option will be checked. It's a good idea to leave that checked as once burning is complete it will check the files on the burned disc back against the source files to make sure that there were no write errors, which are unfortunately common especially with some DVD media and will result in disc playback issues or even not being recognized by the player. The 'verify' option will take longer but it's worth it. If you do get any errors you have a failed burn and should toss that disc, & you might try using a slower supported write speed for burning on the next one. I generally find the most reliable results burning at the the slowest supported speed. It helps to use good media also. Some brands of discs are much worse than others and can result in a very high percentage of failed burn rates.

Another, albeit less likely, issue that you may be running into is your player might not be recognizing the type of DVD disc you are burning to. DVDs come in a (+R) and a (-R) option. Most players these days will play discs burned to either one, but some maye not play the newer (+R) type. A workaround for that is to set the booktype of the DVD+R disc to make the player think it is a DVD-ROM disc. You can also do that with ImgBurn. Just google "setting booktype' and you will find more info about the issue and how to use ImgBurn to fix it.
Oh man do I ever owe you a huge apology.

I'm so very sorry. I was the one guilty of not reading your reply all the way through or rather taking time to actually understand what you wrote. I just tried exactly what you said - even though I was very apprehensive worried that I might lose all my networked file/folder associations - and it worked!

After turing it off, and a required restart and then turning the feature back on I was able to install PowerDirector 13 and thankfully it seems all my previous Media Player and Media Center settings are intact. I'm getting ready to instal an update for the program now.

Thank you! Thank You. Thank you!
I see you didn't read my OP or look at the screenshot. Thanks for the help though.
FWIW, attempting to install on another system also running Win7 Ultimate results in the same exact error.

I've been waiting days now for Cyberlink support to respond to a support inquiry and nothing from them yet so I figured I'd try here.

I'm stumped.
When attempting to install I get an popup saying "PowerDirector requires a component of Microsoft Windows Media Player to function properly. Please install ... version 9.0 or above first". Clicking 'OK' to that popup aborts installation. There is no other option.

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and Windows Media Player 12 is installed and is a Windows Feature that is 'turned on' in the Control Panel.

Please see the attached screenshot of the error w/ my Windows OS and Media Player details and the DxDiag.txt system info files.

What must I do to be able to install this program?

Go to: