Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm not happy either.
Real strange !
I too have stayed, because of this bug wityh a 1 year old driver.
Unbelievable.
OTOH Cyberlink software is still my favourite, regardless.
I hope they fix this by version 14 !
Thx Higgy 1968.

That's unfortunate, but I guess you tried the PD12 update ?
Reading this I'm afraid I won't even try tio update my drivers again !!!
Very strange, why would Cyberlink then claim the issue to be fixed ! ?

FYI.

"Every time I click on the Particle Room, the program crashes, then message from Windows that the display driver stopped working.

Thanks to a member in the PD 12 section I have been able to rectify the nagging problem with PD 13:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/39967.page;jsessionid=A2A6E248D002B36A3D1899CB0A822A69

I installed nvidia driver nvidia 334.89 WHQL and no more crashes and PD works very smooth.

Thus, as with PD 12, in PD 13 there still seems to be the nvidia driver problem.
But unlike what is mentioned on the Cyberlink website using the driver that is recommended there does not
completely solve all issues with PD 13 and (nvidia CUDA - OPEN CL) hardware accellaration but the one mentioned
in the forum dedicated to PD 12 does (thanks) !
I've been testing driver version nvidia 334.89 WHQL from February 18, 2014 and it seems (until now) to indeed having solved
the problems I encountered, being 1. hardware acceleration and 2. crashes when I click on Particle Room.

I now use nvidia 334.89 WHQL drivers from February 18, 2014:

64 Bit version:
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/73218/en-us

32-bit version:
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/73213/en-us

Only use this FOR PD 13 and NVIDIA DRIVERS and of course YMMV ! :

But important ... we all know the latest games/programs may not be fully suppported with older driver versions
(no problem for me because PD being most important regarding CUDA anyway)

Version: 334.89 WHQL
Release Date: 2014.2.18
Operating System: Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 8.1 32-bit, Windows 8 32-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit
Language: English (US)
File Size: 175.00 MB
HI Richmond Dan,

Thanks.
That's good news.
BTW I ordered PD13 (Deluxe) from Hermann Street too, MUCH cheaper than ordering from most European dealers it seems ... 40% price reduction (some softwares).
Everything worked fine, but only when I returned to an old nvidia driver v 334.89 (info thanks to this forum) !
I may try this as soon as necessary but at least I know what I can do whenever needed.
My PC is really in need for replacement and any day I may upgrade.
I am delighted it works so great on older hardware !
PD is amazing in any way I like it ... speed, looks, functions yet quite easy to use AFAIK ... what more could we ask for ?
Love it so much already ... tried many freewares and video editor trials but this is in another league.
HI higgy1968,

You sure were of great help !
I too tried several Nvidia drivers to get rid of the abend in particle room but did not think one had to go back to 334.89.
This is DRIVER HELL allways over and over again in every new app regardless of state of the art soft and hardware.
This is Nvidia to blame.
Anyway thanks to you this problem is solved but of course new softwares require newer NV driver versions so
in the end we are all stuck unless Cyberlink can solve this problem as well as the hardware acceleration with the newer driver versions.
Strange but I have PD 13 Deluxe and not version 12 ! So the problem maintained across versions I guess.
Thank you Carl for the information !
However my Deluxe is for home/personal use only so volume licensing is quite expensive as an option.
Worse though ... my nvidia 9300SE graphics card may not work ... not my best day
I bought my copy of Power Director Ultimate on the Herman Street website.
I just found out by reading the general Power Director Forum that I am not allowed to use my one PD 13 license
on my desktop as well as my laptop PC.
That's fair and I understand (probably might not have used it a lot on my laptop anyway).
However, if later I buy a new PC later, can I somehow un-activate it on my old PC and re-activate my license on my new system ?
How can I 'un-activate' if ever necessary ?
Thanks to be willing to answer.
Go to: