Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Yes - I get the same results as Hatti.

When copying & pasting media content from one project to another, duration stays exactly the same.

Are you copying & pasting ALL the media in the timelines, or only a section?

Cheers - Tony

I'm copying and pasting all of it. Sometimes it pastes as 10 times as long (none of the voice over works) and sometimes it pastes and 10 times as short. I just unistalled and reinstalled PD 16. Same issue.

I have sent PD an inquiry to their tech support, but have heard nothing back.
Quote Yes - I get the same results as Hatti.

When copying & pasting media content from one project to another, duration stays exactly the same.

Are you copying & pasting ALL the media in the timelines, or only a section?

Cheers - Tony

I can also get it to work right. That's not my problem. The problem is for a couple of my projects, it is not working right. The clips, when copied from one project to another, are ten times longer, or ten times shorter. There must be some corrupt file or somethng, but I'm looking for ideas. I have film from go pros, cannon video cameras, and Google Earth movies - perhaps something from this - I don't know. But I really don't want to recreate the whole file in one project, when I should be able to just copy it. Driving me crazy.
Quote When I copy and paste from one PD16 project into another PD16 project, it doesn't work properly. Everything is copied; however, all the clips timeframes are incorrect. In other words, when I copy clips from one PD file into another file, the length of time of each clip is about 10 times what it should be; that is, a 10 second clip all of a sudden becomes 1.2 minutes long when copied. All clips do this - so a 10 minute file, when copied into another program become over an hour long. I have installed the latest update.

PD is unable to copy-paste from one program to another. Do you mean from one cuelist to another?

As I said in the post - from one PD 16 project to another PD 16 project (not one program to another). PowerDirector has always been able to do this, but for some reason that I can't figure out, when I copy and paste into another PD 16 project, all the clips are 10 times as long.
When I copy and paste from one PD16 project into another PD16 project, it doesn't work properly. Everything is copied; however, all the clips timeframes are incorrect. In other words, when I copy clips from one PD file into another file, the length of time of each clip is about 10 times what it should be; that is, a 10 second clip all of a sudden becomes 1.2 minutes long when copied. All clips do this - so a 10 minute file, when copied into another program become over an hour long. I have installed the latest update.

<br style="color: #333333; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;" />This never happened before in all the previous versions of PD that I've owned (and I've owned PD since version 9). This is very frustrating. What is going on?
Go to: