Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Copy/Paste from 1 PD project to another not working right
Aaron400 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 31, 2014 17:01 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
When I copy and paste from one PD16 project into another PD16 project, it doesn't work properly. Everything is copied; however, all the clips timeframes are incorrect. In other words, when I copy clips from one PD file into another file, the length of time of each clip is about 10 times what it should be; that is, a 10 second clip all of a sudden becomes 1.2 minutes long when copied. All clips do this - so a 10 minute file, when copied into another program become over an hour long. I have installed the latest update.

<br style="color: #333333; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;" />This never happened before in all the previous versions of PD that I've owned (and I've owned PD since version 9). This is very frustrating. What is going on?
Myk
Senior Member Location: The Hartland of Michigan Joined: Feb 05, 2015 16:09 Messages: 205 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When I copy and paste from one PD16 project into another PD16 project, it doesn't work properly. Everything is copied; however, all the clips timeframes are incorrect. In other words, when I copy clips from one PD file into another file, the length of time of each clip is about 10 times what it should be; that is, a 10 second clip all of a sudden becomes 1.2 minutes long when copied. All clips do this - so a 10 minute file, when copied into another program become over an hour long. I have installed the latest update.

PD is unable to copy-paste from one program to another. Do you mean from one cuelist to another? .
Never, under any circumstances, combine a laxative and sleeping pill on the same night.

PowerSpec G310
ASRock Extreme 6 A85X
AMD A10 6800K Quad Core Processor 4.1GHz
16GB DDR3-1600 RAM
EVGA GTX960 Super OC GPU
Windows 7 Pro
Aaron400 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote When I copy and paste from one PD16 project into another PD16 project, it doesn't work properly. Everything is copied; however, all the clips timeframes are incorrect. In other words, when I copy clips from one PD file into another file, the length of time of each clip is about 10 times what it should be; that is, a 10 second clip all of a sudden becomes 1.2 minutes long when copied. All clips do this - so a 10 minute file, when copied into another program become over an hour long. I have installed the latest update.

PD is unable to copy-paste from one program to another. Do you mean from one cuelist to another?

As I said in the post - from one PD 16 project to another PD 16 project (not one program to another). PowerDirector has always been able to do this, but for some reason that I can't figure out, when I copy and paste into another PD 16 project, all the clips are 10 times as long.
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]

PD is unable to copy-paste from one program to another. Do you mean from one cuelist to another?

As I said in the post - from one PD 16 project to another PD 16 project (not one program to another). PowerDirector has always been able to do this, but for some reason that I can't figure out, when I copy and paste into another PD 16 project, all the clips are 10 times as long.

Hi Aaron

Welcome to the forum

Here's a tutorial from our friends at PDtoots. It's version 8 but I believe the principals are the same.

If this doesn't work lodge a support ticket Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]

<br style="color: #333333; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;" />This never happened before in all the previous versions of PD that I've owned (and I've owned PD since version 9). This is very frustrating. What is going on?

I just tried that and for me it does not happen. The clips have the same duration after copy. I used footage of the same kind in both projects and the timeline has the same format, especially fps.

But the copied footage do not appear in the target media library. However, the project can be saved and opened. It works as expected. Duration stays the same. So check the attributes of the footage and the attributes of the timelines.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Yes - I get the same results as Hatti.

When copying & pasting media content from one project to another, duration stays exactly the same.

Are you copying & pasting ALL the media in the timelines, or only a section?

Cheers - Tony
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Aaron400 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Yes - I get the same results as Hatti.

When copying & pasting media content from one project to another, duration stays exactly the same.

Cheers - Tony

I can also get it to work right. That's not my problem. The problem is for a couple of my projects, it is not working right. The clips, when copied from one project to another, are ten times longer, or ten times shorter. There must be some corrupt file or somethng, but I'm looking for ideas. I have film from go pros, cannon video cameras, and Google Earth movies - perhaps something from this - I don't know. But I really don't want to recreate the whole file in one project, when I should be able to just copy it. Driving me crazy.
Aaron400 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Yes - I get the same results as Hatti.

Cheers - Tony

I'm copying and pasting all of it. Sometimes it pastes as 10 times as long (none of the voice over works) and sometimes it pastes and 10 times as short. I just unistalled and reinstalled PD 16. Same issue.

I have sent PD an inquiry to their tech support, but have heard nothing back.
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

A workaround in the meantime is to Produce these projects separately and then create a new Project and import the two produced files. Then Produce again Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Aaron400 -

I have no idea what's causing your issue because I can't replicate it at all.

This screen capture is a dummy project that includes GoPro & Canon clips, along with screen recordings from Google Earth Pro... plus a few other odds & sods. What yoou see happening is what I consistently get, whether I'm copying & pasting the whole timeline contents or only part.

Cheers - Tony
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!