Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Does the latest build address the divx issues?

Also, is it possible for me to get the latest build? I don't see it in the software updates downloads.

Thanks in advance.
/ nod

I'm more or less having much of the problems you described. I've experimented tons, and no matter what I change in the divx settings or the profile, I have the same file size issues. I actually went back to PD7, since things work fine with that. I'm hopeful a patch / update will be released to rectify this at some point.
Wasn't too sure if I should e-mail cyberlink or just post here, but here it goes. I updated from power director 7 ultra to 8 yesterday; really no issues, and I'm liking many of the new features.

Also, the speed at which it produces clips is great IMO.

However, I'm having issues producing a divx (6.8.5) avi. I produced a 1-minute video and it spat back a file over 1 GB (yes, GB) in size. I then did some experiments, and no matter what I changed in the codec settings or profile settings, files of the exact same size were being produced.

This was a non-issue in version 7, and I refuse to believe the divx codec is suddenly just not working. As the only change I made was in power director, it makes sense to me that the fault lies there somewhere.

I hope Cyberlink comes out with an update / patch, as like I mentioned before, I DO like the program as a whole despite this snafu.
Go to: