Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi
I opened PD17 which I purchased in November 18 (not the subscription option) this morning and got a message that an update was available.

So I downloaded and on opening got this screen message

I don't understand why as I've paid for the software. Is there something wrong or have I missed something?

Thanks
Quote There's actually a very straightforward way to accomplish this. Although I was describing the process for a different subject, the key is to use Copy Keyframe Attributes, as described in detail in the middle 2 paragraphs in this post.

Note that if you've done any resizing, rotational, etc. changes to the first clip, those settings will also be applied to the clip you're copying the keyframes to. That's normally what you'd want, but you can always reset or change the settings after you've gotten the main attributes copied.

Thank you!! Yes got it! Wouldn't have thought about doing it that way
phil
HI
Cant seem to find the answer to this one. I want to move a still image or video across the screen and I want to put a decorative frame around the still/video which moves in sync so it seems like one object.

I know how to create a frame with a transparency to put the video behind but can't see the two object can be controlled together /grouped to move in sync?

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Quote This Dallas intro was discussed 5 years ago. I am sure that the OP will find a different way to do it. See this post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30174.page for ideas.

Thank you Tomasc will take a look.
Hi
Trying to get my head around whether it's possible to create a Dallas styile intro (as below link) in PD17? Any guidance/advice greatly appreciated!

Dallas

I think I can work out the first part although if someone can clarify. It's the second part where the screen is divided into 3 segments particularly if there is video (rather than stills) in any of the segments Effectively this is a collage but I'm not sure how one would create a collage frame that's not within those templates already provided by PD.

Thanks
philwizzer
Hi if I'm upgrading from PD16, are the various premium packs new or the same as previous. Do they need to be downloaded and installed or can I use previous?

Thanks
philwizzer
Well Tony! I have finally got it to work!!

I'm still not quite sure how but all of a sudden it does. I downloaded the latest patch and also turned off shadow files and manually deleted all those in the folder just to make sure. This didn't seem to make any difference initially and my attempts to lay the transparency over the video file still created a totally black background.

I went back to your Youtube video. I still couldn't see anything that was obviously different between what you had done and what I was copying. The only thing I noticed was that you renamed the composition when you opened the settings to make sure there was a black background. I think I left the composition as it was (i.e. Comp 1) and only changed the .mov file name as I tried each time.

I'm not sure I understand why this would make the difference but I've replicated this in a second transparency attempt which also worked!

So thanks for all your help!! I'm going to produce a few more just to make sure this wasn't a fluke!

Cheers
Phil
Thanks for producing this! I have followed it completely (and I've tried a few variations thereon) but whichever way I just can't get a transparent background like you have. This is really mystifying as I've tried your way and with various changes to the format/settings etc so I thought I might have stumbled upon the error one way or other!

Really bugging me as clearly you have done it! I'll have to leave until tomorrow and keep trying!

Thanks for your time and effort.
Phil
Hi Tony
I'm obviously still doing something wrong! I have used your 'black' file to render a new .mov file and also your render but whichever,
they still do not appear with transparent backgrounds in PDR16. Yes the background is now black but it still remains!

Not sure where I'm going wrong!
Phil
Thanks Tony
Back to work today so I'll take a look this evening. Thanks for your help on this - happy new year!
Phil
Here it is. I have only been using AE for a week or so am only just getting into the application. Quite a simple animation using one of their standard effects.

Thanks for your help
Phil
Thanks Tony
Well I have at least now been able to open the animations in both PD16 & SVP10 (plus QT). I have tried your settings exactly but not getting a transparent background in any of thes apps. I've also viewed in the GraphStudioNext which came with the K-Lite codec pack but again background showing.
In particular I have used the animation codec in format options which allows RGB plus alpha (but doesn't give transparency) and also when I've used MPEG4 video as per your text file the RGB and alpha are greyed out.
The other difference I noticed was that you 'log' was set to 'plus settings' (which I used) whereas the default seems to be 'errors only'.

Regards
Phil
Thanks Tony
Still struggling. Downloaded Quick Time - couldn't get QT Lite to work. I have associated .mov files with QT. I have viewed my animation in QT but without a transparent background and still get the error messages in PD16 and SV.

Am trawling through the adobe forums!
PHil
Quote Hi Phil -

Are you able to export from AE in MOV format? With the right options selected, that would allow PDR to "read" the alpha channel properly.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks - when I try and open the .mov render in either PD or Sony Vegas 10 Pro I get the following error messages
Phil
Hi Everyone
I have created a 3 second animation in AE with a transparent background in an avi format. It seems to have worked because when I import the avi file into a new composition the background is indeed transparent.

However, when I import to PD16 the blue background of the animation re-appears and blocks out other video tracks. Is there anything wrong in PD?

Thanks
Phil
Quote Hi georgiejr,
The best way to find out what is suited to your needs is to have a play with Express projects. Just drop an image or a video into the placeholders and see what looks good.
Dafydd

Hi can placeholders be created from scratch?

Thanks

Yes it can be created. You can download free templates I created at Free Powerdirector Templates

Thank you - yes I can see that I can download templates made by others but I'm still wondering how I can do this for myself - are there any tutorials?

Also the place holders - where presumably you create a template and can the drag photos or videos into them? Can that be done without using the projects created by powerdirector?

Phil
Quote Hi georgiejr,
The best way to find out what is suited to your needs is to have a play with Express projects. Just drop an image or a video into the placeholders and see what looks good.
Dafydd

Hi can placeholders be created from scratch?

Thanks
Quote We did see your first YT video of the Jungle popup book before you changed it. My daughter loved it. This one template would be good as is for gamers, old users, the younger crowd, and college students alike.

It is easy to add characters to the project by placing them as pip objects or gif files on track 4 in the template I tried.

Looking forward to the release of this one!!! sealedlaughingsmile

Hi Tomasc

Glad you like it. Just been released. Here is the link for your daughter.

[url=http://oneclickmobi.com/powerdirector-templates/powerdirector-3d-popup-jungle-book-v1/
]http://oneclickmobi.com/powerdirector-templates/powerdirector-3d-popup-jungle-book-v1/
[/url]

Hi When I download your zip file it only seems to include a small text file and nothing else?

Thanks

Phil
Hi

Sorry if this seems a weird question but placeholders used in express projects. Is it possible to create these? Presumably this can be done by copying an existing placeholder and changing the attributes.

But is there a way to create one from scratch?

Thanks

philwizzer
Hi Pix

Like this

Thanks
Go to: