Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thank you JL JL and Optodata!

Before taking the computer back to the store, I decided to ask a guy from work who helped me via Teams - he's 43% human and the rest is A.I.
So he figured it out and that is what he did (in his own words):

"To fix the problem I needed to open the .pds files using notepad, in notepad I did a Search/Replace of C: ( old primary drive) with F: (my dive in my new computer), then Search/Replace D: (old backup/media drive) with G: (the location of the same drive in the "new" computer)"

So I am guessing it was just a matter of directing the computer where to get the files.
He re-installed PD365 as well.
We also had to download VLC because even when the computer found my PDS projects, it would not play videos. It was missing the Codecs or something.
As I said, I am useless with computers. It all works now and I really appreciate your help
cheers
thanks so much, I will try and let you know.

M.
[thank you sir!
I will take it back there and see what they say.
But meanwhile, I'd like to try to unistall it, just in case. how do I do that please?

By the way, the PD works fine, I just started a short 1 minute project and it works just fine, I can upload my pictures from the harddrive no problem.
The problem is uploading a project that I had done before buying the computer.
I'm sure this is simple but I am useless with computers. Here we go:

I had PD365 in my computer (Windows 10) and worked gread. Decided to buy a new computer, which came with a SSD with Windows 11.
I asked the store where I bought it to also install my hard drives from the old computer, with all their files and programs (PD365 is one of them).
So I wound up with a computer with a new SSD (windows 11) plus my old SSD, plus 2 x 10TB hard drives.

When I open PD and try to load my project that I have been working on for almost 2 years, the project loads up but the files (pictures and videos) are just a shell, no actually picture. Also all music is missing.

I tried to go to settings and change the "import" under "file" but nothing worked.
I took the computer back to the store, the guy said that for any program to work I must unistall and install again.

So my question is....is that true? Shall I unistall PD365 (which is in one of the 10TB old hard drives) and install again in the new SSD? In that case, how the heck do I do that because I looked all over and have no idea how to unistall it.

If unistalling it is not the answer, what am I doing wrong ?
PLease help!

M.
Thank you for your help, and thank you Tomasc and JL_JL,

I read your link that you were exchanging with Big Wullie back in 2016, and that is pretty much what happened to me.
Now, I read your note to him telling him to go to the Recentfiles.ini (notepad) and I found a record of my project there (PD 20).

What does that mean? It's just a list with many projects, the one I am looking for is there, but it does not look like I can open it?

It shows a path to my saving folder, but when I go to my saving folder, it is not there. The path is right, but nothing is in there.

I think it is what JL_JL also wrote to someone else, these projects went to an autosave place that is volotile and PD just simply deleted it. I think it is crazy a program would do such thing.

As for my computer, I have no issues at all, no other programme deletes any files. Everything runs smoothly.

M.
Thanks Tomasc,

I checked the cache files. I have PD 21,20,19,18 and 14.

There were no cache files for 21, 20 and 18. Empty. There were many in 19, but none of the project I was looking for.

All files are .pds

I also checked the normal folder, everything is .pds

All gone, about 100-200 hours of work which I don't think I can re-create the way it was done in the first time.

The other issue about my .pds files that I paste into my normal project-saving-folder and then they disappear as soon as I close PD still continues. I wrote to CL a few days ago but havent heard back.

The .pds files that I save when they are on the PD, that's no problem - I can save them and they stay there. But the ones I import from another hard drive, they disappear faster than my income on canadian taxes.

Thanks for the help Tomasc, much appreciated! I guess I am back to the story board and starting from scratch...
Hi Tomasc,

I did the search and they are nowhere to be found. I searched for any .pds file in all 3 drives, nothing. Just vanished.

Then I opened PD and threw some pictures in there, saved the project, it went to the same folder as before and it still shows in there.

How can 20 odd projects just disappear?!

And still, whatever .pds file I copy and past into that folder from an external hard drive, as soon as I close all programs and files, when I reopen, it disappears again, can not be found in a search in entire computer....

M.
Thanks for the help Tomasc.

Here is what Export to shows:

D:\Users/Mauro/Documents\Cyberlink\Powerdirector\

. . . which was not what I had put down as the folder to export to, but anyways, I went in that folder and I can't find any .pds file. - no projects there whatsoever.

There are subfolders of the previous versions of PD I had (14) and the others that got automatically updated and dumped by subscribing to PD365 (18,19 and 20). But every sub-folder I open, nothing to be found. For example there are "my gradients", my particles, my PinPs, my strokes, etc...

As for the USB ports in my computer, nothing plugged in, other than a wireless mouse/keyboard.
The hard driveds I plug in, they all show as a F:

Thanks!
Early in 2022 I had worked on a project for weeks - had about 25 minutes of a 2 hour movie already in.
I got busy with work and never worked on the project again.
Today I opened PD365 and tried to open that project again so I could continue working on it, but the saved project is gone.

In fact, in my destination folder I had about 30 saved projects and most of them disappeared, specially all the projects done since before this PD365 update. (I'd say PD 18,19, 20?). I never ever deleted those files. They just disappeared.

Then, get this: I plugged in an extrenal hard drive where I had copied some of those projects. I copied and pasted back into my PC's PD destination folders for projects.

It lasted 10 minutes. After I opened PD365, all those files were gone again, as if they were never pasted on 10 minutes before...

Any ideas please ?! ( I have a PC with the Windows 10 Home)

Thank you
Thank you Tomasc & Optodata!
Hello Everyone,

PD 365, Effects, "Analog Film 02"

I can select any effect into a frame and immediately I get a "Effect" buttom to access and change the many parameters of that effect.
But not when I select any of the analog films effects.
I would like to reduce the amount of effect (old movie) - just like I did with PD 18 - but I don't get that option anymore.

Is this my computer acting up, am I doing anything wrong, what am I missing here? Does that happen to you too?

Thanks for the help,

M.
Quote The best thing you can do is to produce the same sample to each of those profiles then listen to each one and see if you have a preference. There's no universal right or wrong or "best."

Note that there are problems with producing MKV videos with DTS at the moment, so until an update is released you'll probably have to work with AAC and TrueTheater.

Thank you
I tried to research it but I can't figure out the differences:

AAC 5.1 vs DTS 5.1 vs TrueThreater Surround.

I mostly play back my movies on a Tv with a Bose sound bar, but maybe in the far away future I might have a proper 5 speaker surround system. Does it make a difference if I pick any of those options?
What if I watch the very same movie on a Tv with no sound equipment attached to it? Does it matter?

These are H264 NTSC 30p/24p movies that I am producing, filmed on dslr, 4k and 1080 .

Thank you for your help!
Ha Ha ! Maybe I should! you all have been very helpful.

I can ask a couple of people I know but I am not too confident they are all that smart about computers - they're engineers after all, big egos...lol

So if I do decide to go the off-the-shelf option, in the below USD 1500 range, what would you suggest? If you are not happy posting anything on the forum, please send me a private message.

I was looking on the internet, ran into 2 models at BestBuy:

HP Gamind PC - Intel i7 - 670- 2TB 16B RAM Nvidia Gforce TX 960

or

Dell Inspiron Gaming PC - i7 - 6700 2TB 16GB RAM

If you look deeper into their specification is all greek to me, it all means nothing to me as I dont know what all those codes mean.

Maybe you fellas can help me out.

Which one (or neither one?) would you go for? Any other model you think it is better?

BTW, I guess Movie editing and Flight Simulators (Xplane) are my only taxing software I use. I don't do any gaming (too old for that) but never say never. I might do it one day. My last gaming was back in the Atari days.....

My movie softwares will always be upgraded, so I do expect bigger demands in the near future. My movie projects are 2 to 3.5 hours long, which takes me sometimes over a year to do, specially if the computer keeps crashing. If I had a fast machine, this could be cut down substantially.

Any thoughts?

Again, if you prefer, you can send private msg.

cheers and once again THANK YOU
Stevek, legendofzub and tomasc

thanks very much for your input, greatly appreciated.

it seems that the easiest way out of this deal is a new computer, would you agree? or should I take it to a computer store and ask them to upgrade it? in that case, what specifications would you recommend or which new computer? As you are already aware, I know squat about computers......ha ha.

Stevek thanks for the time you took to help me out
Hey guys, I did try a few times to send you the dump file, the dxdiag and a screenshot yesterday but it didn't work. Still having problems getting to send the dump file. Here's the DXdiag and screenshot.
GS Kid, thanks for your post. Me too, waiting for days for customer service to get back to me. You're right, seems like any help will come from fellow members of this forum instead. Still, pretty poor "service" if you ask me...

Customer service agents - whenever I managed to undestand what they were saying - were pretty much just reading instructions from their screen. It did not seem to me that anything off the script could be any use. As I said before, I am not good with computers.

Anyways, Dafydd B and Stevek, thanks again for your effort to help me - much appreciated.

Here is what I got:

1- My tkt ID is CS001616506 and 255.

2- I have a screen shot of when the programme freezes but I do not know how to attach it here.

3-I finally figured out (with Dafydd help) how to get the DUMP file, which I now have, but haven't been able to send it over to them.

I phoned customer service and asked them to tell me how to send the dump file over but the 2 agents did not know how to. They said they would contact somebody else and phone back but so far nothing.

My product is PD14 on Windows10.

Any ideas, guys? Once again, I do appreciate your help!

the dumb guy
Dear Dafydd B and Stevek,

I truly thank you for your help.
No, this is all accurate. Sorry it took me long to write back, I have been trying to get customer support for the last 6 days and it is going nowhere. Yes, they did try to help but no, they do not actually --read-- what I am saying.
I keep telling them that 2 of the steps they want me to do is simply not working, and instead of having a real answer back, they keep copying and pasting the same answer.

For example - I am told to open this link " ftp://cyberlinkcs:86M1IMJR@ftp.gocyberlink.com/vcneelam/" does not work. Nothing opens with that.

Then they tell me to search for the DUMP file. I go to start, task manager, but there simply isn't any PDR file.

Everything else they asked me I gave them. and all I get are the same copied and pasted same answers asking for the same thing again and again. nobody is actually reading when I say "that does not open!" "that does not work!"

I know I am no Eistein when it comes to computers, I admit that, but that is what customer service has to cope with. Not everybody is computer savvy.
I am going in circles, going nowhere.

What is my issue? My issue is that the programme (PD14) freezes when I try to save it. It will show saving up to 100% and then it freezes. When it gets to 100 it freezes forever. That;s the problem right now. Before it would crash all the time. After an update download that problem seems to be fixed, but now the problem is --saving-- the project.

Thanks for your help!
Thanks for all the replies, guys. I guess I will use the forum more often to fix this problem.

For now, does anyone know the phone number to call from North America for the --paid-- customer support please?

Thanks!
My Power Director does not work, it freezes all the time, it freezes and crashes when I try to save my 2.5 hour project.

I called this company many times and nobody answers the phone, all you can do is leave a message but nobody calls back.

After months dealing with the stupidity I finally paid the USD 30 for a paid customer support for 2 months. That was 2 weeks ago. I lost the phone number where to call and nowhere in the website it shows what number that is. - except for the number where nobody answers the phone and you must have a TS number, which I either dont have it or I dont know what it is. I have a VS number.

So now I paid 30 dollars for support that I can't even have. After I finish this project which has been taking over 1.5 year to finish because the program always freezes, I will never use this stupid company again.

Your software is good but your disregard to your customers is pathetic.

CYBERLINK SUCKS
Go to: