Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello. Start P2G, then click on the preferences icon (the icon just to the right of the Help question mark). From there click on the General tab, then uncheck "run desktop burning gadget at windows startup". The next time you boot up your computer, the gadget will be gone. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any provision for turning it on again manually, i.e. when you want to use it for a short while & turn it off again. Apparently it's either have it on all the time or not at all.
Hello. I am reading the various posts having to do with P2G9 Platinum, since I just the other day upgraded to it from whatever the bundled version was on my August '11 vintage HP p7-1070t. I'm posting here now because I had the same problem the first time I started the program immediately after installation: a message popped up informing me that Power2Go had simply stopped working and wasn't responding. I took the offered prompt to shut it down, and when I got the desktop back I re-booted. On a hunch, before trying to start P2G9 again, I went into Win Control Panel and found that the bundled version (6, I think it might have been) was still present on my system; apparently there's no provision for uninstalling it in the course of an upgrade. I did an uninstall, rebooted once more and then ran P2G9, which loaded and ran just fine. Of course, my first DVD produced using some very nice HD video shorts downloaded from Vimeo wasn't too good at all, but I have an equally strong hunch that it's not the software's fault but mine. I'm guessing that HD video, even in Mp4 format, might be too much for my strictly plain-vanilla, run-of-the-mill, no-name burner (factory-installed) and common DVD+R's (I have some DVD-R's but haven't used them yet). My DVD loaded into my Panasonic Model DVD-S68 Player with no problem, but while it played, at various times the video & audio would sort of break up, then smooth out, then break up again. Except for that, the picture & sound on the TV (Samsung PN43E450) was great. It wasn't the player; I took the DVD out, then re-loaded it and the break-ups occurred at precisely the same place in the videos, and in the exact same way. I should add that there was one video clip that didn't start out HD (all the rest were) and it played perfectly on the TV, no breaking up at all. That's why I think it's my not knowing enough, trying to make P2G9 and my equipment do stuff it's not capable of. Am I right in thinking this?
Hello. I may be going out on a limb here, since I sure don't qualify as an expert, but I am still pretty sure that any software around today that rips audio tracks from a CD can only rip complete tracks, not parts of them. On the other hand, there are a lot of good programs around, such as (completely cost-free!) Audacity, with which you can edit a ripped track down to the exact portion you want, and then export it as a new track in its own right for subsequent burning onto a CD.
Go to: