CyberLink Community Forum
Windows 8 - how to remove/prevent the Power2Go desktop gadget/icon?  XML
Forum Index » Power2Go
tspnyc

When I search the forum I only find posts from 6 years ago about this.

I am now using Windows 8, so do not want to mess with registry stuff that is based on old versions of Windows.

My desktop has the icon or gadget where I may drag files to burn CDs. It is three times the size of other desktop icons, I never use it, it is always showing up where I don't want it.

How can I get rid of it.

Right clicking does not contain any options to exit or close it. Non of the buttons on it are related to this.

I want to make it go away and not come back, unless I go open the program manually.

Thanks.
Steve

Hello. Start P2G, then click on the preferences icon (the icon just to the right of the Help question mark). From there click on the General tab, then uncheck "run desktop burning gadget at windows startup". The next time you boot up your computer, the gadget will be gone. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any provision for turning it on again manually, i.e. when you want to use it for a short while & turn it off again. Apparently it's either have it on all the time or not at all.
fantamace

[Avatar]

tspnyc wrote:When I search the forum I only find posts from 6 years ago about this.

I am now using Windows 8, so do not want to mess with registry stuff that is based on old versions of Windows.

My desktop has the icon or gadget where I may drag files to burn CDs. It is three times the size of other desktop icons, I never use it, it is always showing up where I don't want it.

How can I get rid of it.

Right clicking does not contain any options to exit or close it. Non of the buttons on it are related to this.

I want to make it go away and not come back, unless I go open the program manually.

Thanks.

Hi buddy, I have tried unchecking "run desktop burning gadget at windows startup" and it worked out fine for me.

Forum Index » Power2Go
Go to: