Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hi gerthe -

There are standard 16:9 WMV profiles available in PDR13, but there are some custom profiles posted here. In your case, the profiles need to be stored in C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector13\Language\Enu\Profiles

To make those custom profiles you need to use third party software, shown in this tutorial or this one.

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks a lot! I wil try these, there are some to me very useful ones. Still I will try to create som of my own - with the help you sent I miss something like the 720x576 2MB preinstalled, but as 16:9 , i.e. 1020x576

Cheers, Gert
Hi, I would want to use lower resolution WMV redering, but there is no 16:9 profile available. How can I create new ones?
Thanks for this. Looks easy.

I have noticed a warning message when I import clips that have different frame rates from that of the project settings. Just now, however, I cannot generate that message even if trying with project settings 25fps, and importing 50fps clip and vice versa.

So, all should be ok - just to make nice slo-mo movies then!

Gert
Hi, any recommendations how to best work on slow mo clips in a lower fps project? I mean, I shoot in 25fps, and my project settings are accordinly 25fps (Preferenses/General /Time Line Frame rate =25fps), but I want to incorporate some clips shot with 50fps. These clips I want then to to slow down, conform to 25fpsn the main project. So, how would an optimal work-flow look like? Do I need to first work on the 50fps clips separately, render them to 25p, and the import them as "new" media files into the main project, or can I just import them as 50fps and use the built in slow-mo features of PD12?

Thanks in advance,
Gert
just an up-date: trying to produce a 7,2 MB (384x288/25p. 300Kbps) wmv file would take some 24 minutes (according to"Time remaining" on the Produce-screen. ! after 4 minutes and 5% progress I canceled the process. Again: any ideas what this is about?
Hi,
for some unknown reason my PD12 rendering times has jumped from minutes to tens of minutes. I have done no whatsoever changes in the computer. My i7 and 32GB RAM used to be fast, but now producing a 3 minutes clip (1280x720 .mov) takes some 30 minutes. Also, the PD12 now refuses to produce any MPEG4s! Is this some kind of Windows 7 (64) auto update issue, or what? Also the PD12 (with Color Dir 2) crashes about every 2 hours. One or two months after insallation all was fine. Any suggestions what this is about.

Thanks, Gert
Hi skipper-george ,

how do I turn off (or on) the Intel quick sync video?

I have problems with PD 12, does not render movies, crashes constantly (when rendering). I would like to try turning off the Intel quick sync video.

I posted earlier (17.12 "production unsuccessful") a question about why the PD12 crashes when trying to produce a movie. Especcially MPEG-4 does not start at all, and other formats crash after som 50-70% of working. This problem just appeared two days ago - no real explication to that.

Thanks, Gert
Hi,
I have noticed that 3-4 minutes FullHD (different formats) renders in some 15-20 minutes (=> 10 minutes would take an hour). Seems to be in line with that message .

Currently using PD12, but 11 was about the same.

gert
Hi,
I just today got for first time a message "Production unsuccessful ...." (attached) when trying to produce a mpeg-4 /25p file. My project is 25p (PAL), and so are all the footage used. The message suggests to install new card driver, as well as new versions of Windows Media Player and QuickTime, too. I did that - but no effect. Actually the PD12 started, but crashed after some 70%. Then it does not even start - the message comes immediately when trying to start the producing.

Does anybody have experience in this? I guess that some automated Windows (v. 7, 64bit) updates - as I do not have any other changes in the computer.
Now I re-installed the PD12 - but that does not change anything.

This is annoying, as I especially was asked to produce a FullHD mpeg-4music video clip - and cannot now do it.

Thanks in advance,
Gert
Hi PIX,

I still try to do a version about this. Lets see...
I understand that this is a challenge. Mastering this would let us master l a lot more.

What comes to how our talent looks, we are of course exited! Lets let her to work in Waterloo!

Anything about this, pls contact us in by email!

gert

Hello PIX,
nice to hear your are evaluating this.

Unfortunately we shot on one day when our talent walks towards the cafe, and another day when she returns. (This all happens in a half a minute or so in the final story). Black belt during first shot, white on the next...
We might need to leave it so, but as I especially, by going into ColorDirector, wanted to be able enhance and fix this kind of errors and situations , I would not want to give up. Anyway, all these exercises will serve for future works! I do not play Angry Birds, so I can spend time on this - much more fun

I guess that if I would work a full day or so with manually masking very carefully all key frames (about 100), I would manage better the area itself. At first glance there seems to be contrast, but in fact it is not so. The dress has black spots and contour for the flowers etc.. so manual work seems to be the only option.

But then comes the question of really changing the color. I did not find a way for that, even if really working with all of the Regional Attachment Tools. The black simply seems to be so dominant...

I will try with a limited clip, and lets see. I'll keep you informed.

Gert
Another test with the ea50:

50p is showed correctly in MPC and in PD11,

but when changing to 25p, MPC shows, correctly Progressive, but PD11 again shows it as Interlaced.

So, I would say that the 25p seems to be the problem for PD. In all my tests, with different cameras, the Avchd 25p is showed as Interlaced in PD.
Some more tests with Sony Nex 5N:

When shooting Avchd 50p or MP4 (AVC, 30fps Progressive) both MPC and PD11 show scan type correctly (P)

but when shooting Avchd 25p fps, MPC shows Progressive but PD11 shows it as Interlaced
I noticed this with shots from two cameras: Sony Nex-ea50 and Sony HDR-CX760.

I will now check with some other Sony, too.

In both cases I copied the files to the D-drive, the main hard disk of the computer (I use for C a SSD, having the programs running fast from that)

These are direct from camera, no processing there between
Thanks, Gert
Hi there,

does anybody know what is happening when I shoot Progressive, but PD11 and also ColorDirector shows the frame type as Interlaced?

See attached jpg that shows that in Media Player Classic the scan type is Progressive (as it should be as I have that already in the camera), but PD shows frame type Interlaced???

thanks in advance,
Gert
Hi Rob,
Indeed a challenge!
I repeat how I see this:
1) Getting the mask so exact that it would not look as a car's license plate - rather to be as the original belt
2) Then manage to give values to the masked are so that the result would look as (as close as to) the original footage. But as to original is black....??

I'll upload the original clip and the file from ColorDirector.

If anything more, pls let me know.

Gert
Hello there,
I am a hobby-video maker, and just learning ColorDirector (PD11 Ultimate Suite).

We are shooting a music video, but only now when editing we realize that our talent used in some shoots, for her dress, a white belt, then in others, a black one (some 10-15 sec final cut in total) (see attached pic).
I was trying for many hours to turn that black to white-like, but with unusable results.
One problem is the motion tracking does not see the differences clearly as black goes to gray (or similar), and that even if I worked with each key frame separately, the result was not smooth (having in fact the masked belt in all frames different, not in line with the real movement).

Furthermore, it is also about the black (which in fact consist of many other close to black areas) itself. Practically impossible to replace that with any combination found Regional Adjustment Tools. I suppose that with lighter colors that would be easier. I have e.g. replaced successfully brownish water to bluish, keeping the glitter of sunshine there...

Does anybody know how to deal with this, or should we just accept this cardinal error ?

Best regards, Gert
Hi there!,
Does anybody have experience in XAVC-S editing with the PowerDirector 11?

I am interested in the new Sony FDR-AX1 camera that supports the XAVC-S 4K/HD, but would not want to work in parallel with Sony Vegas.

BR, Gert
Thanks to you, Bill!

I was sort of guessing this kind a solution. The problem is that one is getting frustrated when trying and trying something that, like now, is not supported by the system.
But, as you mention, there are workarounds -I will try them out and certainly I will get a good movie out of that

Thanks again,

Gert
Hi,
I suppose that you should Split the clip at desired place, then right click, and choose "Remove and Leave Gap". Make sure that you first select which clip to remove (the left or the right one). The one with blue color is the one you will remove.

was this what you were about...?
Go to: