Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I think you should have started your own thread...

Nevermind the above, here's what you can do.

You have to connect via HDMI, i wonder if you have spdif configured. You also need to check if your Intel software is up to date. You have to select Intel Display Audio as default device in order to out audio through to your receiver. I had a trouble configuring my clevo to do the same, but now my Pioneer SC-25 detects just fine on my laptop with i7 mobility quad, amd graphic card, which outs audio through hdmi.

Again, it is most likely the Intel software at play. Look online for other possible solutions.

Hope this works for you. Do let me know even if it doesn't.

Cheers!
Support said that i need to buy the software from them, or authorized resellers. The fact that i bought the software proper, doesn't register, unless i buy from those channels.

I'm going to try and install it on another system. I haven't tried restore, as i forgot to set it up and it (default restore) got overwritten. Installing it on another system should work, since i've uninstalled it anyways from my system. Let us see... i do not get my new system for a couple of days at the least.

thanks for checking mate!
Sri V Mohan
After using the software for almost 2 and a half months, PowerDVD suddenly wants to be activated again.

SR Number: DVD120806-01
TR Number: TR130321-040

Win 7 x64, admin access

I was playing with the older version of the software, as not all BD menu work properly in PDVD 13 (Brave is buggy for instance). Then suddenly there was this popup, asking for activation.

When i tried uninstalling and installing it again, just to make sure there were no issues which could be sorted this way, the problem still persists. Then i get an error message when i click on activate, it says, "
Cyberlink PowerDVD was not activated because a connection to the activation server could not be established. Check your internet connection and then try again." Man that sucks

Could someone please advise what needs to be done.

edit: right now it has gone into 30 days trial mode... i could cry
edit 2: i click on online media (youtube), it is playing youtube videos but not connecting to activation server.

thanks!'
Sri
I think the difference between am2 and am3 cpu's is the ability to work with ddr3. now if you have a board compatible, try and find a cpu with low tdp, which may fit your mobo. and yes, i was watching 1080p hd stuff on c2d, which is slower than phenom II so you can stay relazed while you make this purchase.

though i will recommend waiting and getting a new graphic card which will have some new features like hdmi 2.0 and h265 hardware decoding, as that will take away the load from your cpu to gpu.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1455231/hdmi-2-0

amd delayed its graphics card.. so i think you can expect one or both of the above coming in their new gpu line to be launched later this year.

cheers!
i tried a mkv with colby tru hd, worked fine!
I can confirm that it is not working on many discs that i have.

perhaps it is an issue which will get resolved in an update (patch)
hardware acceleration? it works.

haven't tried 3dd yet.
7970M... mobile version.

WinDVD is coded to not work with multiple graphics scenario

Arcsoft both 5.2 and 6 aren't working with menu graphic overlays and crashes.
i bought the software for reasons:
- found it cheap
- worked with hd7970m
- nothing else worked with 7970m (arcsoft 5.2 and 6 and windvd)

I do have to say for what it is worth, it works well for my usage. even i wouldn't like to support a company which would be ridiculous about usage (uninstall/ reinstall), but i was also out of choice and didn't have a say in it.
I see. Unfortunately i don't have any mkv with hd audio to hand. I could try making one and see if it works, but that is what i could do.

Interesting question. If yes, i'd like to know about it as well.

Do you know of any software which works like that though? Asking as i don't know.
I believe you have to enable resume in the settings. It was that way in 12.

I don't know why you may have this issue with restarting. This is something new altogether.
Hi,

I just tried the same after reading your post. In my case .mkv opened and played along fine. Try some other .mkv and share results.

cheers!
Sri
I'm not tech support, but another user here. I do get the same messages (incidentally on the same OS) at time, but a few seconds' wait resolves it. If you have issues, it is more perhaps at Windows end. In such a scenario, i'd perhaps uninstall and reinstall the software in question. Please inquire if it is ok to do so and would not violate license terms before you proceed with the advise.

hope it helps.

Sri
i tried version 12. i tried version 13. both worked flawlessly on i7 3610, hd7970m sager/ clevo equipped laptop. Unfortunately i can't say the same about any of the competitor.

no big problems that i faced as i tried software. merely some weird blu ray disc resume errors, which i think is may be more down to the disc itself.

passthrough hd audio works flawlessly. which didn't on arsoft tmt 5. tmt5 and 6 both have fatal issues with playback of certain discs. windvd can't fathom 7970 at all.

i haven't gotten around to using all features just yet, but from what i've seen great work cyberlink team.

here's a ringing endorsement from a happy/ proud owner.

thanks!
Go to: