Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I got fed up with waiting for a response to my ticket. So I installed the newest version of MPC, that along with my copy of anydvd and I can play just about any bluray disc out there. On the plus side every time I fire up MPC it doesn't ask if it's OK to connect to the internet and I don't have to manually set my audio output setting.

I'll never pay for bluray software again, not when there is better freeware out there, minus the expense of anydvd, but I bought that 4 years ago.
I'm glad I downloaded the hotfix when I did. It seems to work fine. Thank you for posting the link. Why cyberlink deemed not to give me that info is beyond me.

I don't believe it was a windows update. When I was testing various workarounds it didn't seem to matter whether the win7 platform update was installed or not. Seems likely that it has something to do with cyberlink's first patch for numero 12 which was on the 21st of February, exactly when all of this began. Possibly an update to their DRM which failed miserably????
So... after sending them the screen shots of the error message and the dxdiag info they tell me they are going to escalate my problem and let me know when a fix for the issue has been found.

Oh, wonderful. In the meantime....

I think it's odd that there was no mention of the "hotfix."
Yeah, got the same thing. They asked me to run diagnostics and then send a screen shot of it, obviously they have no clue what the issue is.

I've got an idea cyberlink..... try playing a bluray disc on a fully updated win7 x64 system at your office and see what the problem is for yourself. Then send us a patch for powerdvd11 that works.
It's the region code change counter in powerdvd11 and 12. Reverting to the previous update fixes it. But they need to come up with a permanent solution. It wasn't the windows platform update, I rolled back to two weeks prior and the problem persisted.

I think it has something to do with their powerdvd12 update, why that would affect 11 is a little concerning.
Go to: