Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Does anybody know if plotaverse images are compatible with PowerDirector?

Your signature's system specs are nice, but it would help much more to have you run the DxDiag test as described in the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread. It's possible that there's a driver or configuration issue with your system.

It would also help to know the details of your source clips. MediaInfo is a free and valuable tool, or you could upload a short sample clip to OneDrive, Google Drive, etc. and paste the link to it here so other members can examine it and see if it might play a role.

The DxDiag shows no problems. All the media is from my Canon, except for a few JPEGs from the Internet and transitions/PiPs from DZ. It would take forever to go through each on MediaInfo.
I am constantly getting temporary freezes with the message that the program is not responding. A simple scroll in one of the folders can cause it, or just a click in the work area. This happened on my previous computer, and I just upgraded my entire system, but still have the same problem. Believe me when I say I have plenty of RAM and a very good graphics card.
Is it possible to change a transition from horizontal to vertical? Flipping and inverting don't work. The attachments show what I mean.
It took me awhile, but I finally found it. Thanks.
How can I change the highlight around the scenes in the menu? After I burn the disc and play it back, I can barely make out which scene is active as I navigate through the menu. Sometimes it is just hit and miss. There must be some way to make it clearer which scene is active as I try to jump around the menu.
When I try to go to create disc in a large production of mine, PD crashes. Poof & it's gone. I suspect there's a corrupt file or maybe one that causes a conflict of some kind. I've tried burning to a folder, but it crashes just like trying to burn to a dvd. Is there some way to identify what's causing the problem. Process of elimination is out of the question, because there are hundreds of pics, videos, transitions, PiPs, music, effects, etc.
I've been able to get to create disc occasionally without PD crashing, and tried to burn to a folder instead of a dvd. Alas, it immediately crashed as well. I suspect a corrupt file in this rather large production, but how can I identify it?
No crashes while producing/rendering. And by crash I mean the entire program disappears. Poof. Left in its place is that error message I attached, which is basically a request from Cyperlink, letting them know what happened.

I get the button thing, but based on my experiences & what I've seen in other posts, there are some serious problems in the menuing side of PD. Not only is it poorly designed, but there seems to be some inherent programming issues. If I were part of Cyberlink's product development team, I would focus on a more user friendly & problem free menuing system for their next edition of PD. How about some patches for PD11?

BTW, after reinstalling PD11 & persistently trying to access create disc, it miraculously worked. But only once. The next time I tried it, again it crashed. This is maddening.

How can I "Burn to folder," if I can't get to the create disc page? And how does that help me zero in on the problem?
170GB. Clearly not the issue.
I spent a week creating a project. When I tried to burn it, I got the error message that there were too many buttons on my chapter pages in the menu. I changed that, so there are now only 3 per page. When I tried to burn again the system crashed. Now every time I click on create disc, the program crashes. In addition, I had 4 other projects that I was able to burn in the past, but now when I go to them & click on create disc, the system crashes as well. There is, however, another factor regarding those previous projects. I had to replace my solid state drive, & when the techie did that he changed the designation for my hard drive from "F" to "E." So when I tried to open those past projects, I was asked to browse for the files it couldn't access. I laboriously did that and was able to open all those past projects. But once again, whenever I click on create disc the program shuts down.
I couldn't open your attachment, but I found what I was looking for in the effect room. Thanks
I'd like to zoom a particular/specific frame in my project. In other words, the pic flows out at you or withdraws from you. So far, I've been unable to find out how to do that. Is that possible? (I'm not talking about applying motion to the frame, none of which give me the simple zoom option.)
Thanks. I'll try your suggestions.
I just got this error message when loading a project with hundreds of photos & dozens of videos:

"A media file in your project may not fully comply with the file format standard, or your system may lack the required decoding components for this file. Please try again using another media file format."

My questions is "How do I identify exactly which file is causing this problem?" And then what do I do?

Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel(R) Core™ i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50 GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX570
Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller
ASUSTeK P8Z77-V Deluxe
Crucial V4 Solid State Drive 128GB
Never mind. The 3D default title seems to work as a kind of generic subtitle. Thanks again.
Thanks Carl312, at first try it seemed that Titles are separate frames that don't overlay the photo or video. That doesn't really suit my purpose. I finally figured out they have to go on another row in the timeline. As you can see, I'm definitely a newbie on PD. The problem I still have is all the titles I searched through had effects & motion. I just want a simple, editable text caption. How can I create one of those to put in the title library?

BTW, why didn't customer service just tell me to try titles instead of subtitles? I get one month free calls for buying the software, but usually they actually charge quite a bit. For that money I'd want precise, expert service! The guy actually had the audacity to tell me to read the user upload, implying I shouldn't bother him with this stuff.
That was a big, big help. It could be a bit more intuitive, but it does the trick. Thanks so much.
I've used Adobe Premier & Roxio Creator for years and they have something that PowerDirector is sorely lacking: The ability to better organize the hundreds of files that can be in a project. It is such a simple thing to make it possible for all of us to create new folders for each chapter in the media content area. They would then be so much more manageable & easier to sort through. How can the developers overlook something as obvious as that? Haven't they ever built sizeable projects themselves or explored what the competition has to offer?
I'm in disbelief that a program as complex as this one has such poor subtitling capability. One should be able to simply click on them & drag them to wherever he/she wants on the frame. Their default position is bottom-center, but sometimes the image will obscure the subtitle in that position. When I called support I was dumbfounded by his response: He said that I had to go to the subtitle room, highlight the particular subtitle, then play around with hitting "enter" until I got it to the right height. Then to better position the subtitle right or left I had to put in spaces before or after the subtitle (just guessing how many spaces might be needed). This is ridiculous! Not only that, but sometimes when I would do those steps the formatting would change, or if I changed the text formatting the position of the subtitle would change causing me to go through all those steps again. If you're listening CyberLink, for all of our sakes, please fix this extremely tedious and unnecessary process.
Go to: