Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Actually I found out how to do it !!

Do the voice over and it's displayed on a separate track, grab it and place on top the original track and you get the option to "overwrite " Perfect,,
Quote: Hi,
If you take the tick out of the audio track that is just below you video shots that should do it. Or you can take the sound track out of your video moving the slider right down on the Audio Mixing Room Track. Hope that helps if I understand your problem correctly.

I realized that when I read your answer I posted the question incorrectly ! I only want to hear the voice over and then I want to hear the remainder of the audio on the original track. So doing what you suggest, eliminates the original, correct ?
I recently wanted to use the voice over feature and it works quite nicely, however what I would like to do is eliminate the sound on the video track, and only hear the voiced over track. I cannot do that simply, is there a simple way ?
Thx
For your information, I just did a quick test, and added brightness adjustment, only. And the rendering time took 3X as long and the GPU Load dropped by 50%.

I would guess the more operations you add will definitely increase rendering time.
Multi-GPGPU & Hardware Acceleration
Optimized for latest hardware
PowerDirector 12 is optimized for the latest generation hardware from Intel® Core Technology, AMD ® APU and nVidia ® GPU technology. Multi-GPGPU support allows you to maximize performance from both onboard GPU and external graphics card.

I just copied the above from Cyberlink and when I read that now, I can't say that I can see where they are suggesting 2 GPU's ! and there is no test setup info. I'd be interested in others comments.
Quote: I use an AMD CPU, so there is no Quicksync to use.

Let's not get off-track here. Quicksync is CPU acceleration, not GPU acceleration. This thread is about using multiple GPUs to speed up encodes.

So far, there is no evidence that having multiple GPUs vs using a single GPU makes a difference in performance for PowerDirector hardware encode.

You are correct,,I brought up this subject about 2 years ago, when i first got my dual 480's and the answer then was exactly the same as it is now. Nvidia have not upgraded the ability to use more than one GPU.
if you happen to have a system that can use Intel Quick Sync you would find quite a difference in rendering speeds !

For example I just did a short test with a 2min 21 sec clip at 1920 X 1080 at 16mps and it took 26 secs.

I did the same thing without hardware rendering and it took 1 min 4 secs.

However as we all know,,it isn't that simple. There could be quality issues and this has yet to be tested .
Quote: There's still this mystery of why MP3/WAV work perfectly for me if I start them in SPDIF mode and then switch to HDMI...

Yes I agree, this is indeed a real puzzle, but we shall try and find an answer.
Quote: Well after trying several options I decided to restore an image of the operating system from some months ago.

That worked ! I can now play MP3 files in PowerDVD 12. I suspect that some part of the operating system had become corrupt and the only way of fixing that was either re-install a new operating system and all the applications or try a backup image which I had, thankfully.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

Thinking about this problem a bit more I just wonder if CyberLink-Michael didn't have the clue. Sometime ago I used a tool to clean up empty folders and general rubbish that collects. I did notice that another program I used infrequently had also stopped working, but didn't pay much attention as it was low priority. It has left me wondering if that program was, perhaps, too aggressive in cleaning things up. Unlike Ccleaner which I have used, without any problems, for over 10 years. That is not to say that it could have been the culprit. I have a feeling it was the other one. I shall not use it again. It also made me wonder about some of these other folk who are having issues with PD. Could it be that they use some sort of tidying up program and this is the cause ???
Well after trying several options I decided to restore an image of the operating system from some months ago.

That worked ! I can now play MP3 files in PowerDVD 12. I suspect that some part of the operating system had become corrupt and the only way of fixing that was either re-install a new operating system and all the applications or try a backup image which I had, thankfully.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.
Well I have re-installed PowerDVD 12 and it still will not play MP3 files. I tried many different MP3 formats, but just comes back with " This format is not recognized by power dvd "

...and yet PD11 and PD 12 on the same installation will play MP3 files.

I'm thinking hard as what to try next

Well here is what I tried. I downloaded PowerDVD 13 and it wouldn't play MP3 files either ! In fact I have discovered that they will only play AC3 files !! Now that has to be a clue. I tried wav, wmv, etc and none would play.
Quote: CCleaner does have a registry cleaner built in. Do you use that part of the application?

yes I do...Perhaps I need to uninstall and re-install ??
Quote: Hi kingsmeadow,
do you use any "system improvement Software"
some products may cause trouble in the registry settings and decoders in PowerDVD.

br
Michael

Only software I can think of that might be in that category is Ccleaner, which I use for tidying up, but to my knowledge I have no other background software running.
Quote: We would also if you find a difference. Do you have the latest version of Quicktime on both? Are you testing both with the same file?

Thanks for ideas, but no luck I tried updating Quicktime, but it said it has latest etc..and yes I play the same mp3. A real puzzle, but I shall continue to try and find an answer.
Quote: I'm experiencing a problem I've never had with previous versions of PDVD..I cannot play back audio files, whether mp3, Flac or even WAV.
PowerDVD 11 still plays all of them OK as I didn't uninstall it.
The problem started when I imported my files into the library. PDVD12 crashed partly through the music import and from that point on wouldn't play audio-only files. (Strangely, HD audio is fine on Blu-Ray discs)
I uninstalled the program, clearing my settings and reinstalled and playback was OK..until I imported my music files again when I had the same problem.
I'm mystified because Winamp, TMT5 and WMP all play the same files without problems..and so does PDVD12.
Any ideas?

I am having a similar problem,,I cannot play mp3 files. I have tried to convert them to different sample rates but it doen't want to work. Can anyone tell me what the mp3 sample rate is for DVD12 ?

I can add to this. On one of my computers I have 2 Win 7 operating systems. One I keep just for testing and the other development. I have PowerDVD 12 on both, one plays MP3's and the other doesn't ! I sure would like to know why .

Quote: Hi everybody and thanks in advance for any help.

Can not get PD 12 or PD 11 to use Intel Quick Sync.
No rendering speed increase weather its enabled or disabled.

Power Director 12 Ultra 12.0.2109.0
SR VDE130822-02

I have PD12 and I can confirm that Quick Sync does indeed work and very well too. In order to get it working on my system I have to have Lucidlogix Virtu MVP installed and active.
With the release of PD11 they also posted some release data, and as it turned out, my system was almost identical to their setup. I did various tests, mainly considering speed and I could beat their figures by a mile !

The tests I have done thus far with PD12, indicate that it is faster than PD11, but not by a mile, by a few percentage points, none the less it is faster, which is what I want.
Thanks everyone for all the info..I do find it interesting that a video containing an ac3 will be accepted but a stand alone will not. I would like to think that Cyberlink will put that on the things to do list for the next release or even an update

I have the tools to create ac3 format so I can try various ideas but haven't found any tricks thus far.
Quote: Well myself I don't use hardware in the produce. I let the cpu do all the work. It's nice to have it in review when editing.

I had an ongoing discussion with another member sometime ago about whether to render with hardware, and I don't believe we ever came to any conclusions. The theory was that hardware rendering could reduce the quality of the video. I have done a few tests but only for speed and then viewed the results and they looked ok. But it wasn't done scientifically. I wonder if anyone has. First thing would be an ideal test clip. It was suggested that it should have lots of patterns in it.

I would be prepared to do some if anyone could suggest a clip to use.
I can't seem to find anywhere whether ac3 files can be imported to PD12, anyone know how or if ?
Quote: sounds good so far...now I wonder about SLI mode...

Well I can now tell you that SLI makes no difference, as it was in 11.
Go to: