Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What even made you think of removing Hyper-V?!?!

You're right, it did make a difference. I am now seeing video. How very strange.

I would still like to use HyperV though and watch movies.

Okay, so the next step is for CyberLink to report this to Microsoft. I'll try doing something in their forums today, but Cyberlink should be able to open a support ticket directly with them and get this figured out for all of us.

Way to go LarryB4!!!!!!
I'm also dealing with the same problem. Note, I have a HD 6700 card though. I have been bouncing support ticket messages back and forth with CL. So far no luck. I have also spoken with DELL and they want me to reinstall Windows 8. I don't think I'll be doing that. Additionally I put a support ticket into AMD to see what they might do a couple of days ago. I've heard nothing back.

At this point, I'm getting very frustrated. I've tried trial versions of other applications and none of them seem to work except in one case. This is making me think it is video driver issue with AMD that is being seen through Windows 8. To AMD, I'm probably only one user having problems. It is helpful to see others having this issue and I hope CL will recognize this problem and communicate with AMD to fix this issue for CL's customers.

My state after upgrading to Win 8 was that I was hearing audio from the Blu-Ray menu of PowerDVD 9, but there was never any video showing. Thinking there was a compatibility error, I paid for the upgrade to PowerDVD 12. No change.
So I started my troubleshooting. I was using the original video driver from AMD (8.810). I upgraded to a later version (8.892) and then I started getting errors from CL. I used their BD Advisor and it said that my card was not recognized and my system no longer supported HDCP. So I downgraded back to my previous version and ran the Advisor. It did recognize the system card and HDCP. Very strange. So after contacting CL they asked me to install the latest drivers again. At first, I was like, "No way, I just did that." However, on Monday, they provided version 9.2.0.0. So I installed and ran BD Advisor. Still the same problem. CL asked that I make sure I get the latest patch this week. I did that and guess what? Yep, same problem.

So, what are we to do? Well I'm not sure. I paid the upgrade price to get PowerDVD 12, thinking it would solve the problem and I have spent hours and hours trying to make this work. I'm very disappointed with CL's inability to do phone support without me paying for it. It sure would make this quicker rather than corresponding through their support ticket approach. I'm just afraid that I'll spend nearly another $25 on top of the upgrade and still get no resolution.

I mentioned earlier that I found one specific way. Well it's not pretty. I returned my video driver to the original version (8.810) and downloaded a competing product. It worked 85% of the time. But when I upgraded again, the video driver, even that software quit working.

Pardon the rant. I'm tired, frustrated and I'm about to demand my money back. Here is wishing you all well. I hope they get it working for you.
So who else has a valid copy of Windows 8 RTW/RTM from TechNet or MSDN? How is PowerDVD working for you? I've tried and I hear audio but there is no video. Since it is not the Metro/Windows 8 Experience, then it is trying to run as a desktop style app. I've even tried to get it to run under Windows 7 compatibility and I have the same issue.

I've contacted support and they said to wait for their Metro offer since Windows 8 is still not finished. I responded back and ensured them that Windows 8 is finished as of August 15.
Go to: