Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Ok, so uninstalled the webcam and software and was able to render a 10 min version and the full version of the video. Reinstalled the webcam and software and once again the program crashed. Decided to try to simply disable the webcam in the device manager, and lo an behold, the video rendered with no crashes. WOOHOO!!! Finally think I found the problem.

I guess my only question would be why is the program trying to use the webcam when I am simply editing or producing video?

Anyways, thanks for all of the suggestions and help people, now I am off to finally create more vids.
Ran two malware scans just to be sure both came back clean. Have to go to work, but may try uninstalling my webcam when I get home and see if that does anything.
I do have a webcam installed, but I don't think it is being loaded in the selective startup is it? Did a malware scan a couple of weeks ago as part of my regular maintenance, but I suppose another one wouldn't hurt.
Well that didn't work, apparently it's not RichVideo that is the problem.

Finally got around to doing a selective start up and took kind of a binary approach. Enabled all of the Microsoft services and attempted a production. Crashed. Great that means it is one of those. Disabled all and decided to go through one by one. Checked the Group Policy Client which enabled the RPC endpoint Mapper as well. So with only these processes running I attempted a render and it crashed.

Used another program "Starter" to see if there was anything else running at the time that Windows didn't list. I have attached an html file with that report. It seems all of these processes are essential to Windows. So what now? The crash reports either give me "unknown" as the offending module or "vphc700.dll" as the offending module.

I really don't want to be able to only use PD10 in safe mode as that is just not practical.
Ok have an update here. Was messing around with some stuff tonight and have come across an interesting development. I had downloaded the K-lite codec pack because it said it could fix issues with existing codecs. Installed just fine and I decided to test it out. Went into PD10 and started editing a new video. Was going great for quite a while (remember I was getting a ton of crashes editing my last video) before the program stopped responding. I looked at the event log and apparently the RichVideo.exe keeps shutting down unexpectedly which causes PD to hang. Tried disabling the service, but PD won't run without it. I have a feeling this is causing some of my problem with rendering as well since I am getting the same offset code as what is in the crashrpt file that has been getting sent to Cyberlink. So any ideas on how to solve this? I can't seem to find anything on the web about updating or fixing the Rich Video component.
So reproduced the crash, but the problem seems to be that it never makes it to the event viewer. All of the crashes have just given me the PD10 error reporting screen where I can send the minidump file to Cyberlink. In addition, the line in the file that details the offending module says "unknown".

So seems like that won't be much help unless I can actually get it to stop responding through windows explorer.

Looks like I am going to be spending my day tomorrow cycling through selective startup to try to figure this out.

EDIT: Decided to roll back my Video card driver just to see if that my be the problem, still got the crash.
Thanks for the suggestions. Tried producing the entire video (15min) in safe mode (no networking) and everything rendered just fine no crashes. So, now the question is how do I go about determining what program/driver is the issue?

As far as I know, I have not installed any codec packs. Is there an easy way to figure this out?

I also did upgrade my video card driver to the most recent one but I assume that loads up in safe mode correct? If so, then that may not be the problem.

Thanks again everybody for your help.
No I was looking for a video editing program. Yes blender is mainly for 3D stuff, but you can edit videos as well. However I really just want something that is more intuitive and video dedicated. PD10 is exactly what I was looking for, but it's just not working. I really want to figure this out since I spent $60 on it and can't afford to waste money right now.
Thank you for your responses, I realize that there could be many problems and I was just getting frustrated yesterday.

As for your suggestion, I already uninstalled and re-installed. I also removed all the other video editing software I had installed (Nero, Creative, etc) and ran CCleaner before re-installing PD10, just to eliminate any possible software conflicts and registry issues.

Also ran a memory test using memtest and a stress test using BurnIn and didn't have any problems with either. I was thinking I may have had some bad RAM because of the exception code contained in the minidump file indicates such, but like I said, the tests I did came back clean.

While I would like to believe that the problem is somewhere with my computer, the fact that I was able to use another (free) program to essentially do the same thing I was attempting with PD10, leads me to believe that it is a software issue.

I would really like to find a solution to this problem since I actually paid money for this and am looking for something that has a simpler interface with a smaller learning curve than Blender seems to have. Thanks for your help, and if you have any other suggestions, I am all ears.
Yes shadow files is turned off. Just downloaded a free program called blender. After some tweaking, got the full video to render as an mp4 with no problems. How is a free program able to do something that this one can't seem to on my computer?
UPDATE:

Tried splitting original video into smaller parts to produce as MPEG2 HD 720. Got it into four parts: 3 ~3min and 1 ~5.5min. All rendered fine but was getting random crashes during editing and after production. Attempted to combine the first two 3 min clips in the same format, crashed after about 20%.
Ok, tried doing the nature x10 at multiple resolutions. Here are the results:

1. MPEG2 - HD 720: finished fine, no crash.
2. MPEG2 - BD 1440x1080: finished production, crashed a few seconds later.
3. MPEG2 - BD 1920x1080: first try, crashed at 10%, second try finished fine. Crashed when I was resetting for first MP4 test.

4. Standard Quality mp4: finished fine.
5. High Quality mp4: first try crashed at 30%. second try, got 93% before crash.
6. Best Quality mp4: first try 40% before crash. second try same 40%.

The only other programs running were iTunes in the background playing music and my browser open to this page.
Applied the patch. Attempted to render the first three minutes of the edited video, crashed at 51% again. What else ya got?
Ok, tried the suggestions twice. The first time, the program crashed before I even started producing, the second got about 5% before crashing. Any other ideas?
Okay, got everything reinstalled, tried just doing the first three minutes, then the second three minutes, then the last three minutes. Each got about 50% before crashing. Was able to export the first three minutes to avi, but as expected the quality was unbearably bad. A few seconds later, the program crashed again.

I was able to render a short intro (~20 sec) for the video earlier today, but that was just using a couple of jpegs and a short audio track with some titles.

Really reaching the end of my rope and hope I didn't waste $60 on this program.

Edit: Added new dxdiag files.
Dxdiag files are in the zip attached to my first post.
Haven't tried that. Once I get it reinstalled I will let you know.
Thanks for the reply. No transitions in the video, just a lot of cut edits. Also tried just doing the first five minutes, crapped out at around 15%. Am in the process of reinstalling PD10 after removing a whole bunch of other video editing software. We shall see if that helps.
Have seen a few topics about this but didn't really see a solution. So, I just bought PD10 yesterday and have been having a problem with it crashing both while editing video and producing. Here are my basic specs, have attached a diagnostics file as well:

Windows 7 64-bit
PD Build 10.0.0.1012
SR# VDE110927-04

Source File: 17min MPEG2 file, 1920x1080, audio, lots of edits

I finally got all of the editing I want done (after putting up with quite a few crashes) now it gets about 10% through the production and crashes. Tried producing to MPEG2 instead of MPEG4 and it got about 45% done before crashing. No other programs running, switched my windows theme to basic. Hopefully somebody can help with this problem as I haven't found another program that will give me the video quality that I want.

File attachment contains diagnostic files, screencaps of the edit and produce screens for my project, and a screencap of the dump file upon crash in a zip file.
Go to: