Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
This is pretty much my experience.

PD 12 is certainly 'not fit for purpose'...
I am trying to use PowerDirector Ultimate v12.0.2726.0 with a collection of 2013 .jpg and 205 .mov files and the program either hangs with a 'Not responding' notification, or takes literally hours to load all of the files in. Even after loading them in, saving the project takes hours, and then reloading it takes a similar time again. The usual point where the issue occurs is at 'Project 80%' and 'Update Timeline Data'.

The images in question, PowerDirector's Import and Export folders are located on an SSD; the computer has 24GB of memory installed and the processor is an AMD FX-4350 quad.

I should add that Serif MoviePlus X6 loads and saves without any delay and is much, much more responsive.

Any thoughts on what the problem, and a solution(!), might be would be welcome.

The attached dxdiag.txt will, hopefully, be of some help.
Quote: Hi digital -

Just click on the link to Barry's site in his signature.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks! I tend not to read sigs.
Quote: I have many links to quality music, free, with CC copyrights.

Care to share some of these with someone who is just getting into PowerDirector and is looking for something different from the music which comes with the package?
The screen still fails to refresh correctly until I have waved the pointer all over the window.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote: As there is a menu option to add transitions to all videos I had hoped that there might have been a menu option that I hadn't found to remove all. Or at least click on the first, SHIFT-click on the last, and then delete.

No such luck!
If you SHIFT-click you select all the videos also, not just the transitions.

Ah yes. But if you <ctrl-click> on the transition, then REMOVE. Well, try it. ^_^

That doesn't seem to work.

If I CTRL-click a transition and then REMOVE, it removes that transition.

If I CTRL-click the first and last transition and then REMOVE, then just those two are removed.

If I SHIFT-click the first and last, then REMOVE, then all of the clips are removed.

The only way I can find to remove all transitions is to CTRL-click all of them and then REMOVE. Not good with a lot of transitions already in place...
Quote:
Quote: That's disappointing.

As there is a menu option to add transitions to all videos I had hoped that there might have been a menu option that I hadn't found to remove all. Or at least click on the first, SHIFT-click on the last, and then delete.

No such luck!

If you SHIFT-click you select all the videos also, not just the transitions.

As I discovered earlier and rapidly undid! It would seem to be a fairly basic omission.
That's disappointing.

As there is a menu option to add transitions to all videos I had hoped that there might have been a menu option that I hadn't found to remove all. Or at least click on the first, SHIFT-click on the last, and then delete.
I need to remove all of the transitions I have inserted in a project. Is there an easier way than clicking on each one in turn and deleting them one at a time?
Sorted: thank you!
Quote: To get around this, produce that separate project first and create a good quality video file. Then, import that produced file into the other project and place that video at the front of the timeline...so that it is just one long video. You can add a transition, or even a color board (black screen for example) between the still and the actual video.

Thanks.

Would the above leave me with an automatically opening and looping screen from which the viewer has to press play and then be taken straight to the main video?
I created the video from stills and video from my camera. I added chapters and an additional still (in the form of a project to act as the opening screen which would wait until play was pressed) as I thought they were 'required'.

Can I just delete the chapters and opening screen project to get the effect I am looking for? If I do, how will I be able to set a screen to wait for play to be pressed?

Many thanks for your help.
I'm creating my first video and have got as far as creating a menu before burning to DVD.

I would like the menu to be shown when the DVD is inserted into a player and for it to be displayed until 'Play' is pressed.

I have built a template using a background image and some text. It also has 'Play' and 'Scenes' displayed, seemingly by default.

The menu works well as it is: it starts when the DVD is inserted and plays when play is pressed. However, I don't want to offer the option of going to a particular scene. Is there a way to remove 'Scenes'?

TIA
I'm trying to add a title in which a word appears using the 'Glow' effect. I then want it to move up towards the top left corner of the frame and stop within the frame. I then want a second word to repeat this process and stop just below and to the right of the first. This would be repeated for a further two words.

Is this possible? I've been unable to achieve it to date!
Go to: