Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
'Not responding' issues
digital [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 25, 2012 15:28 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to use PowerDirector Ultimate v12.0.2726.0 with a collection of 2013 .jpg and 205 .mov files and the program either hangs with a 'Not responding' notification, or takes literally hours to load all of the files in. Even after loading them in, saving the project takes hours, and then reloading it takes a similar time again. The usual point where the issue occurs is at 'Project 80%' and 'Update Timeline Data'.

The images in question, PowerDirector's Import and Export folders are located on an SSD; the computer has 24GB of memory installed and the processor is an AMD FX-4350 quad.

I should add that Serif MoviePlus X6 loads and saves without any delay and is much, much more responsive.

Any thoughts on what the problem, and a solution(!), might be would be welcome.

The attached dxdiag.txt will, hopefully, be of some help.
 Filename
digital_DxDiag.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
13 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
200 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Have you tried re-installing PowerDirector.

I have seen at least one forum member that a reinstall of Powerdirector solved the slow loading of assets.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

grandnational [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 31, 2014 00:18 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I too am experiencing this.
Ver 11 was fine. Loved the product. .....and 10 before that as well.

But Version 12, even with the latest update, goes 'not responding'.
I'm on the latest patched version of Win7. I have plenty of disk space on C: (Gigs). It's an SSD. I have a i7-3820 with 16GB and 2 nVidia GeForce GTX550 Ti cards. This is the same machine I used with the previous versions.

It hangs so frequently, I have backups set for every 2 minutes.
Most times it is relates to importing media, but more recently, is working with the video clips themselves that were imported.
I usually takes Windows Explorer with it, meaning I can't do anything separately with Windows Explorer when it hangs until I 'kill' PD12.

I'm on a deadline for one 1 week from now on a major project.
I don't expect a patch or anything that soon, but I really can't continue to work this way.

Any ideas? Workarounds? Temp fixes?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 31. 2014 01:18

digital [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 25, 2012 15:28 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
This is pretty much my experience.

PD 12 is certainly 'not fit for purpose'...