Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I've had nothing but trouble with PD10, unlike the previous versions. I've tried everything I know (and advise from this forum and PD tech support) to correct my problems, but to no avail. I have a new computer as well. Wish I could answer this with a solution, but at least you know that you're not alone.
The clips in my video are suddenly overlapping each other for no reason. When this happens, they also leave a gap where the full video clip used to be. In all the years I've been using Power Director, this is a first. Is there a fix? How do I re-adjust the clips where they're supposed to be? Is there something I'm doing that's causing this?
Thanks, Nancy
The clips on my video are suddenly overlapping, leaving gaps as they do. This is bizarre, and in all the years I've used Power Director, this is a first. The clips will lay over one another slightly, making the sound to do the same. Is there a fix? Is there something I'm doing that causes this? Thanks- Nancy
Quote: Hi Nancy,
Please make sure you have applied the latest PD10 update.
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_GB.html

I think I've experienced something similar. My guess is your computer is struggling to apply the changes you're making. What you're viewing is a "ghost" of what was there and yet remains for some time until you change to a different file. It's as though the file/clip edit instructions haven't been carried out. Does that sum up what you're seeing?

My suggestion is to update PD, apply the latest graphic card drivers and re-test. The issue should go away. If it doesn't please come back.

Dafydd

"Dr. Dafydd" is in! You correctly diagnosed what I'm experiencing. "Viewing a ghost" is exactly what's going on. Sometimes a clip will reproduce itself as well; sometimes the audio will shift from its video although I never disconnected them. I've paid attention to what I've been doing when all these things happen and there doesn't seem to be a pattern, except one thing, the program doesn't like me making changes around anywhere there's a gap.
I've completed all of your suggestions and I can see a difference. The situations aren't as bad, but the problems still there.
One of the cameras was a HD, so I'm working with two different standards. Do you think my computer is trying to play catch-up from the HD clips? My computer has a lot of memory but maybe I need to install an SS to help with speed?
I love your name! We had friends from England visit, and the young man's name was Dafydd. They said it's Welsh for "David". It took me a few days to pronounce it properly- much to their amusement!
Thanks a million for your help and responses - I really appreciate it.- Nancy
Quote: - Please indicate what type of video file you are editing. How long is it and what size in mbytes ?

- If you produce the full video to a FILE and view it with a video player such as that of PD or Windows Media Player or similar do you still have sync problems ?

- Is the sync issue only on the time line ?

If so, then : depending on the type of file (AVCHD / h264 is the toughest) PD needs several seconds to "scan" the full clip so that it can work with it. It would be nice if PD would simply display the classic "hour glass" when it was doing this because what you describe is exactly what happens BUT only in the beginning. Once the scanning is complete and you begin the edit process you should find the video and audio more or less in sync, but never exactly in sync. This is especially noticeable on large video files that are heavily compressed such as AVCHD. The final production is where everything should fit. The timeline and preview is not a true representation of what the final output will result in.

Thanks for the suggestions and comment. Actually I am using a combination of STD AVI files and AVCHD. Several people contributed their video cameras and there were two different formats. I was hoping that by having a beefy PC that this lag time would not happen, but I guess it's still happening.

I've noticed that on the timeline that the audio gets shifted to the right from the video even though they are linked. Any ideas on what's making it do that? Also I have been looking at getting an SSD to see if that doesn't help. Will this help? I'm willing to spend a few more dollars to make this a better experience, just need to know before I do if this will really help.

My husband has also been looking at Applied Magics Screenplay as a possiblity. Anyone ever have experience with this?

Thanks.
Nancy

Quote: Hi Nancy,
Please make sure you have applied the latest PD10 update.
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_GB.html

I think I've experienced something similar. My guess is your computer is struggling to apply the changes you're making. What you're viewing is a "ghost" of what was there and yet remains for some time until you change to a different file. It's as though the file/clip edit instructions haven't been carried out. Does that sum up what you're seeing?

My suggestion is to update PD, apply the latest graphic card drivers and re-test. The issue should go away. If it doesn't please come back.

Dafydd

Hi Dafydd,
I'm Nancy's husband. I appreciate the suggestions. Nancy is running on a brand new Dell XPS 8300 3.4ghz 64bit dual quad core processor system with 12gb RAM and Windows 7 Ultimate set for best performance. I have checked the video and directx divers and they are all up to the latest versions, as well as PD. Monitor is set to 1024*768 16bit color and 60hz (upon recommendation of CyberLink support). Tons of virtual memory. Emptied out all the temp folders, recycle bin and defrag. So we are at a loss as to what is causing our issues. Thanks for the suggestions. If you can think of anything else we can try.
Dave
Quote: I have a similar problem. When I play any clip from the media library the sound always works perfectly. But when I play from the timeline sometimes the sound completely cuts out at the beginning of a new clip. It dosen't matter if there are effects or transitions. To get the sound to play I have to click on the clip on the timeline then everything is ok.
I created a ticket for this problem and Cyberlink tech support told me to update my drivers which I did. That didn't help and my problem has remained unsolved.

TigerLink,

Does it Produce OK or does it cut out as well when the video is produced? Thanks, it's nice to know that I'm not crazy!

Nancy
Quote: When does it "pop" in and out? At transitions? When titles come in? Any particular place or time? Is the audio in the video clip or is a separate audio clip? Inquiring minds need to know.....

It's random. The entire sounds goes out, then I have to renew watching the video on the frame I'm continuing at. I didn't have this problem until I started to put all the "bells and whistles" in like transitions, titles and special effects. Thanks for your response and help!
Hi,
I have a PowerDirector 10. When I playback my video (editing stage), the audio pops in and out. Is there a fix so I can get continuous sound? Thanks, Nancy
Go to: