Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: Just wanted to let everyone know who is waiting for a ticket response from Cyberlink on this one. The testing build is pointless, it doesn't play new BluRays.

I repeat, I just was given the testing build and it doesn't play new BluRays. Not only that, it still reminds you to patch the program to a broken version like before.

You are all better off downpatching to 2608 before they actually decide to treat this issue seriously.

Care to tell us which disks you're having trouble with? I have the hotfix and I've played Prometheus, Hunger Games, and Skyfall with no issues.

Also, I understand the issues some of you have with patching the hotfix. I always immediately disable the update notification in Options, and this stops all unwanted pop ups. I also disable all of the MoovieLive settings, etc... I just keep an eye out for update patches through the website.
Just got my official response from Cyberlink:

Thank you for writing back.

To resolve your issue, for PowerDVD 11 Ultra can not access the storage device error code, I would request you to please remove PowerDVD from control panel and re-install it from the link given below:

PowerDVD 11 Ultra v3901 full build (103MB)

http://isales.gocyberlink.com/download/CS_Dept/PowerDVD/11/PowerDVD11_Ultra_v3901_hotfix_DVD130301-02.exe

NOTE: Copy the complete link (starts from “http” and ends at “exe”) -> Open new Internet Explorer -> Delete “address bar” content (if there) -> Paste the above mentioned link in the “Address Bar” -> Press ‘Enter’ or Click on ‘Go’.

User Name: PowerDVD
Password: XXXXXXXX

If you face any issue while using above username/password then use the below one:

User Name: PowerDVD
Password: XXXXXXXX

CD-Key : XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Note:

- Kindly do not run any internet applications while downloading PowerDVD installation file.

- Disable any spyware software installed on your computer and set the "Privacy" settings to low by going to Tools --> Internet Options --> Privacy tab after launching Internet Explorer.

- The username, password and the CD Key are case sensitive and should be entered exactly as they are provided to you.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav
CyberLink Technical Support

Turnaround time from when I opened the ticket to receiving this response was 4 days. As another user has said, each link sent out is password protected and looks to be tailored for each user.
Quote: So I'm confused, are we supposed to be using the ftp version of the update that was posted earlier in this thread or are we to wait for each individual ticket to be answered.

I responded just like Cyber Mike asked and my ticket hasn't received a response in 4 days.

Is everyone having success with that ftp update link with their own activation key?

Yes, I have had success with the hotfix version. I had a full install key, and watched Hunger Games with no issues. I have opened a ticket with CyberLink, but they've only sent generic, cookie cutter responses. Without others on this forum posting the hotfix, I would still be SOL.

I will still cooperate with Cyber Link to get a permanent patch developed. I feel real bad for the rest of you. I, too, think the company could do a lot better with commmunicating to their loyal customers.
I just experienced this problem tonight for the first time when I attempted to watch The Hunger Games. I haven't played a BD in about a week, so not sure when this started. Anyway, I had a full version PDVD11Ultra CDKey, and downloaded the "workaround version" throught the ftp site, and just played The Hunger Games through the previews and up to the title screen with no problems. I will watch the full version movie, and test a few others and report back, but this workaround appears to work.
Tatman,

Do you have the US version of the disc? I am having no issues with the US edition (Walmart single-disc retail).

I would next ensure that your drivers for your audio card and bluray drive are up to date.
I was having issues with the Prometheus BluRay. The disc would start fine, but about the 3rd chapter, I would get the "mosaic" issue, and the video would slow down and become really jerky.

I updated Powerdvd 11 Ultra to build 2608, and updated my display driver ( I thought it was up to date, but it wasn't). This has seemed to fix the issues. I am running IntelR HD graphics.

If others are having these issues, I would start here. Hope this helps.
Go to: